PDA

View Full Version : Not Having Body Sensations after 6 Weeks

earthcub
6th March 2015, 08:38 AM
This is my first post here and hoping that it's not too after the fact. Seems that the forum was really active until 2012. Anyhow...
I started working with Astral Dynamics and William Buhlmans' work over a year ago but wasn't getting the results I wanted so I decided to try the 90-Day Guide. I've been doing the program daily for 6 weeks religiously. Each day I do the techniques for up to and over an hour. I've always dreamt a lot but now I'm having up to 4 dreams a night. In the first few weeks, I was having little sensations, like sponging would produce a very light sensation. I was also having visions of people and experiences that were very hypnogogic. The third eye has always gotten sensations here and there so I still have that. I've felt spider webs subtly on the face. But I've felt very little else in all this time. I keep going thru all the motions but I feel like now, I'm struggling to stay awake most of the time and not feeling anything even tho the book is talking about all these sensations I should be experiencing and preparing for. I've started using the brainwave generator at around week 3 and have been using it since. I've always had issues with energetic sensitivity, but I thought with this concentrated effort, I'd get over the hump. I do a lot of stretching, yoga, I eat really well, I sleep really well, I exercise daily, I've always meditated, I fast once a week. I'm really at a loss and hoping someone has some ideas.
Thanks in advance.

CFTraveler
6th March 2015, 05:09 PM
Hi earthcub. Perhaps this thread might be of help: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?4990-Varying-sensations-to-be-expected-in-Energy-Work
It's a 'longie' but will pretty much cover anything.
The short of it is that sensations are usually stronger at first, and smooth out after a while, and bouncing movements do not feel as strong as brushing/sponging in the feet, legs and hands.

earthcub
6th March 2015, 09:02 PM
Thanks CFTraveler. I read the article and it talks about a lot of the reasons for sensations in detail. This struck me the most:

"This can feel frustrating like you might not make any progress while in reality you might already have cleaned and revived the outer layers of your body and now working on deeper issues. Try to shift your awareness a bit - down, left, right, up, deeper, more outside - and try to verify this. You might just make excellent progress when you feel like making none."

I guess I'm going to try this out although it doesn't go into much detail, and see what happens. In your opinion, should I stick with using the BWG? I keep thinking that it's making me over-sleepy, but then I wonder if the key here is to really get my consciousness to ride the line between sleep and wakefulness. I've heard this mentioned in different books but it's not elaborated on too much. Robert speaks more to the body itself being asleep.

CFTraveler
6th March 2015, 10:03 PM
Most binaural beats are used to take you to the trance state. It is a tool in that it can teach out how trance feels. In this program in particular it is also used to be used with the program, as it gives you cues to do certain exercises (there is an exercise in it which gives you beeps in preset time intervals to practice mind taming, for example). But if you find that you can already recognize what trance feels like, then by all means skip the BWG; after all it's an 'optional' part of the training. Or just use it when you get to that exercise in particular, for example.
It's up to you.

earthcub
29th April 2015, 02:36 AM
I'm on week 13 now. I've still not had an OBE. I increased my energy sensitivity, have felt tingling, and little bit of rushing sound in my ears, can increase energy feelings in my limbs, have the energy loosening down really well, and have a number of exit techniques down pat. But I still can't get out of my body. I've worked almost everyday for up to 2 hours a day, but still can't get there. I've tried laying down, sitting up, working in bed. I still can't trigger a lucid dream even tho I'm dreaming huge storybook dreams, sometimes up to 7 dreams a night. I still can't get out of my body. It feels like something just won't let it happen.
Any advice CFTraveler or anyone else?

CFTraveler
29th April 2015, 12:17 PM
Sure, I have some advice and some questions.

I've worked almost everyday for up to 2 hours a day, but still can't get there. I hope you're not trying to project every day, that will wear you down. I suggest you practice your techniques without trying to project (your energy body development, meditation techniques, etc.) separately from doing a projection attempt, and pick one or two days a week and then try to project on those days, adding affirmations to your routine in the relaxation stage when you are doing the projection attempt.

I've tried laying down, sitting up, working in bed. How long are you sitting/laying down in a projection attempt? Describe what happens with detail.

I still can't trigger a lucid dream even tho I'm dreaming huge storybook dreams, sometimes up to 7 dreams a night. This is a separate issue, that can be dealt with later, let's get the OBE thing sorted out first.

jzinser
29th April 2015, 04:15 PM
Hi earthcub, I am pretty new at this (working on week 4 of MAP) however, I have managed to have about 6 short OBE's in the last couple of weeks. An important thing to note is that none of these have happened exactly during my exercises, they usually happen a few minutes later after I go to sleep.

I think that the thing that has helped me the most is identifying the sensations that happen before an OBE (especially vibrations), once you recognize these it becomes a lot easier. Whenever you go to bed just think about having an OBE, don't try too hard, just relax and repeat an affirmation like "I am out of my body now" or something similar in your head until you fall asleep. What happens to me is that I suddenly wake up in vibrational state, completely relaxed since I was sleeping right before, from there you can slip out, roll, float, whatever... in that state it becomes incredibly easy to leave your body.

Try this, i think it is easier than directly generating an OBE from meditation, of course that is what I want to achieve eventually but at least doing it in this other way is a good starting point.

Hope it helps!

earthcub
29th April 2015, 11:23 PM
Sure, I have some advice and some questions.
I hope you're not trying to project every day, that will wear you down. I suggest you practice your techniques without trying to project (your energy body development, meditation techniques, etc.) separately from doing a projection attempt, and pick one or two days a week and then try to project on those days, adding affirmations to your routine in the relaxation stage when you are doing the projection attempt.

I have taken breaks in between, so not doing it every day. I do a lot of other spiritual work so there have been gaps. I've gotten pretty good at the affirmations and use them regularly when trying to project.

How long are you sitting/laying down in a projection attempt? Describe what happens with detail.

If I'm working from my chair or massage table, I'll do 10 mins of relaxation. If I'm working in bed in the morning, I'll skip that as I'm already relaxed. I then raise energy in my legs and arms. When I first started, I hardly felt anything, now I can stimulate energy almost immediately. Right now I'm focusing on week 13's Bouncing Ball Method so I'm focused on 1st three energy centers. I don't have very much feeling in the energy centers other than the belly, heart, and forehead. Once I'm done with that and I feel like there's some energy there, I'll move onto energy body loosening. I created a technique that works really well that I call the helicopter where I spin my body from the solar plexus around in 90 degree movements until I can completely spin. I'll stop and shift the opposite direction. This sensation works really well for feeling like the energy body is loose. Then I'll start exit techniques based on where I am in the book, now towards the end. I'll spend 10 minutes or so on each technique that I like, rope, ski, ladder, wheel, mist. Things I notice are that my body is stiff like it's asleep and is really hard to move. I don't feel any exit sensations or vibrations, even if I fall asleep which I've done a few times. I do feel subtle twitches sometimes. I've felt liquid electricity in my head and shoulders a couple times. On occasion I'll get an image flash, like today was of an old person's shriveled toe with a long toe nail.

This is a separate issue, that can be dealt with later, let's get the OBE thing sorted out first.

Okay, but I somehow feel they're related... Thanks for your input.

earthcub
29th April 2015, 11:26 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply. I've been trying to do this particular method in the wakened state 'cos I can easily go back to insomnia if I try to do it before I go to bed. It's been a big problem for me. I was doing my work at night but couldn't keep my mind clear in the chair and would nod off. But maybe I'll switch this after this week's over since it's the last week of the book and. It's week 4 for you and you're already there. I'm at week 13. It's crazy how much effort this has taken me.

jzinser
30th April 2015, 12:08 AM
I think that "trying to hard" might be your worst enemy, just enjoy the sessions and the energy work and take the pressure of yourself! Just relax, enjoy and feel your body and its reactions. 10 mins of meditation seems to little for me... try doing 30 min before attempting an exit technique.

You can try this as well: Relax and clear your mind however you like, when you feel in trance (heavy and very relaxed) say "Help me to get out of body" like actually say it with your mouth. I read about this and last week I felt already a bit disassociated but I couldn't lift off so I said it, I felt something pulling me by the chest... I freaked out a bit and broke the trance. So.. you can try this, just be ready to feel something pulling you up!

earthcub
30th April 2015, 12:54 AM
I think that "trying to hard" might be your worst enemy, just enjoy the sessions and the energy work and take the pressure of yourself! Just relax, enjoy and feel your body and its reactions. 10 mins of meditation seems to little for me... try doing 30 min before attempting an exit technique.

You can try this as well: Relax and clear your mind however you like, when you feel in trance (heavy and very relaxed) say "Help me to get out of body" like actually say it with your mouth. I read about this and last week I felt already a bit disassociated but I couldn't lift off so I said it, I felt something pulling me by the chest... I freaked out a bit and broke the trance. So.. you can try this, just be ready to feel something pulling you up!
That's interesting to say that out loud. I've tried in my mind but not with my mouth.By the time I'm working on the exit techniques, I've been meditating for at least 30 mins unless I'm trying in the morning where I'm already relaxed. My mind is really clear of monkey mind and my focus is really on. I've even experimented with just letting go and doing nothing for 10 mins in between doing something. It feels like a block of some sort. It's strange, like I need a key to a lock or I can't get in.

earthcub
7th May 2015, 07:34 AM
Hey CF,
I tried to provide the detail you asked for but didn't hear back from you. Any ideas?

TIA
=sean

CFTraveler
7th May 2015, 01:42 PM
I'm sorry I've been out of commission lately due to health issues, but I'll take a look at the thread.

CFTraveler
7th May 2015, 01:50 PM
Ok, everything I've read says you're doing everything right. The only thing that caught my eye is this:

Things I notice are that my body is stiff like it's asleep and is really hard to move. I don't feel any exit sensations or vibrations, even if I fall asleep which I've done a few times. I do feel subtle twitches sometimes. I've felt liquid electricity in my head and shoulders a couple times. On occasion I'll get an image flash, like today was of an old person's shriveled toe with a long toe nail.
This makes me think that you're the type of person who simply does not get vibrations as symptoms of transition. In this case you should not focus on trying to 'feel' anything, and shift your attention to the visual information you are getting, and also focus on noises you may or may not hear. Two symptoms to pay attention to are: The short visions you describe, and/or 'seeing through the eyelids.' These are indications that you are in the right state to project. If you are seeing through your eyelids, do an exit technique like the rope technique. If you are getting short visions, try to focus on them until they slow down, and you can feel yourself falling into them. Then you will be in the astral realm, and not the real time zone, but a projection is a projection.
If you have been sitting for more than 45 or 50 minutes and are getting no love, start doing an energy body loosening technique, this may set up some stimulation and movement, and then go from there, depending on what kind of symptoms you get.

earthcub
9th May 2015, 01:41 AM
Ok, everything I've read says you're doing everything right. The only thing that caught my eye is this:
This makes me think that you're the type of person who simply does not get vibrations as symptoms of transition. In this case you should not focus on trying to 'feel' anything, and shift your attention to the visual information you are getting, and also focus on noises you may or may not hear. Two symptoms to pay attention to are: The short visions you describe, and/or 'seeing through the eyelids.' These are indications that you are in the right state to project. If you are seeing through your eyelids, do an exit technique like the rope technique. If you are getting short visions, try to focus on them until they slow down, and you can feel yourself falling into them. Then you will be in the astral realm, and not the real time zone, but a projection is a projection.
If you have been sitting for more than 45 or 50 minutes and are getting no love, start doing an energy body loosening technique, this may set up some stimulation and movement, and then go from there, depending on what kind of symptoms you get.

Hey, sorry to hear that you've been under the weather. The visions that I get are so quick. They feel like milliseconds and will get MAYBE 1-3 if I'm lucky, but I can't latch onto them, they're too fleeting. I once got the sound of someone calling my name, but that's it. I always go back and mix in energy loosening techniques with the exit practices. It just feels like there's a huge barrier to getting anywhere. I would've thought with the wide variety of techniques that I've used over the last year and a half, I would've gotten somewhere, especially considering that I'm on day 88 of the book. When you talk about no love, I'm feeling that big time. I've moved deep into trance so many times and nothing happens. The body's fallen completely asleep, and I've separated from my ego and have no thoughts, but there's just nothing. No sensations, no visualizations. It's kind of like the void that many talk about. After two hours, I just give up so that I can get busy with things that need attending to in my life. Is this at all normal?

CFTraveler
9th May 2015, 06:59 PM
I don't know what normal is, frankly. Do you find that you're having more lucid dreams than before?

earthcub
10th May 2015, 05:27 AM
I don't know what normal is, frankly. Do you find that you're having more lucid dreams than before?
I guess what I meant by normal is that I can't believe that after all this work that I've done, I'm still not able to get to it. Seems strange that Robert can hold weekend workshops and get results out of people, and I can spend probably in the area of 200-300 hours and still not get it. I feel broken. It's really hard not to feel disappointment, but I keep on keepin' on. My lucid dreams have not increased at all. Since I'm at Day 89 of the program, I'm going to focus the next few weeks on the hypnosis recording that I created and see if that does something. Maybe increasing recall will help. I just started on that today and noticed that I slipped in really deep and although I didn't recall anything, I noticed that something happened. I'm just not sure what.

Have you ever heard of someone that just could not astral project and why?

CFTraveler
10th May 2015, 06:46 PM
I've known people that took longer than 90 days (sometimes years) but most of the time in my experience, the situation has been that people have astral experiences, expect all of them to be RTZ OBEs and reject anything that doesn't fit in with that experience, assuming 'it wasn't real' or 'it was something else'.
Technically, you haven't failed, it's just taking you longer. I'm sure we can figure it out.