PDA

View Full Version : Quareia (Online School of Magic)

ButterflyWoman
27th March 2015, 05:39 AM
http://www.quareia.com/

This site might be of interest to some folks here. I cannot recommend it nor can I say anything against it. I did have a look around and it looks very interesting. That's pretty much it. :)

(Thanks to Mikhail for bringing the site to my attention.)

Mikhail
27th March 2015, 10:45 PM
I've read several Josephine McCarthy's books
she approaches magic in a down to earth realistic way

I've read many of the other banishing cloak and pentagram magic books
and other historical and highly regarded works

I've been interested in magic for my own personal reasons
but found it difficult to choose a path or by reading cryptic texts...

Josephine teaches visionary magic
she teaches how to use the imagination as an interface to access different realities
... this is one way of putting it

what is happening at Quareia is epic, what she is doing is huge
after writing many books she "felt" the need to teach real magic to those seeking

so she started a funding campaign to fund the project Quareia
her goal was to be backed with enough money to create a free online course in visionary magic

very quickly the funding goal was met to create the course
when finished there will be enough material to bring someone from "Apprentice" - "Initiate" and though to "Adept"
each level contains 81 modules!!
with a total of an 243 modules

Josephine McCarthy is deeply respected in the magical community
her work is going to level the entire magical playing field for years to come

it's happening now, and you would be lucky to be part if it's conception if you choose...

WhiteMonkey
28th March 2015, 12:51 AM
I checked the site and it is quite interesting. All the infos made to a path with a very moderen and clean looking design strwight forward. It is really nice maybe after the accomplish of mynrecent goals i will give itna try.

Another great site for magic is http://www.boel-mystery-school.org
I followed there moodle style course with exams essays and many lessons for 2 months. Sadly the course wasnt finish to that point so i lost interest. But the are developing a great course too

mystyx
3rd April 2015, 05:39 AM
I read up to M1 L4. I didnt want to skip ahead but had to see if I was interested. M1 L4 gave me a good feel for the course. I was rather surprised by the parallels to my own life. I've actually been embodying and learning from the elements for 15 years, I intimately know all of them but Fire. I knew it was cultivation but not from where. This year when Selene told me quite clearly (a very long story) that my familiar is a Merlin Falcon, and connected me with it, I realized she was saying I am a wizard. These exercises fit pretty comfortably with what I have been doing (off and on) for a long time.

mystyx
3rd April 2015, 09:04 AM
After med I went to bed. I thought I would check things out, immediately I heard/saw the word Artemus in the Quareia area. My curiosity got the better of me and I got out of bed. Means "Follower of the goddess Artemis" aka Diana. A little interesting, good magician name. Then I came upon this: https://books.google.com/books?id=GJLq5H6VSlUC&pg=PA117&lpg=PA117&dq=artemus+magician&source=bl&ots=sPGe5URa4E&sig=39ieLWlTSRHcE5eEIU_NwZwatF8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TU0eVfKCKY_ioASA2YCIBw&ved=0CFYQ6AEwCTgK#v=onepage&q=artemus%20magician&f=false
Notice the lines "what could you possibly have to train me at 12:13am?" Artemus shrugged, "Nothing in particular, I just thought you would have some questions". The time was 12:24 am. I bet 10 bucks it was 12:13 am when I was 'asking questions' about the school and the name came up. I guess that is quite normal.
The school is good at creating strong energy clusters, I suppose thats what all magicians do. I recently realized how useful strong energy clusters are and wanted to make one, so cool.

DarkChylde
3rd April 2015, 12:58 PM
I liked it , totally my cup of tea.
Bookmarked .

CFTraveler
3rd April 2015, 04:13 PM
Looks interesting.
Bookmarked.