PDA

View Full Version : Focus 10

scienceofempty
29th March 2015, 08:42 PM
Robert Bruce refers to 3 levels of trance: Light Trance, Full Trance, and Deep Trance.

Which one is Robert Monroe's "Focus 10" the equivalent of? Light Trance? If so, would that make Focus 12 the equivalent of Full Trance?

Is "Focus 10" the ideal trance state for energy work and APing?

dontco
29th March 2015, 08:54 PM
It's supposed to be mind awake, body asleep (if that's what you mean). If it's the best for energy work- wiser people will tell but for me just relaxing the body in bed is the best state :-)

but interesting thread! I will notice answers here.

CFTraveler
29th March 2015, 08:56 PM
From light to medium trance. Deep trance is prob. focus 12.

scienceofempty
29th March 2015, 09:04 PM
From light to medium trance. Deep trance is prob. focus 12.

Thank you for clarifying.

When in Focus 10 and/or in Focus 12, is a mental state "clear of thought" a natural byproduct?

WhiteMonkey
30th March 2015, 04:38 AM
Hey

In my perception the Focus-Levels are specific terms for specific levels of consciousness.

Here is a list of it:

Focus 1 - Physical Waking Consciousness. The level of awareness in which people spend most of their daily, waking lives.
Focus 3 - Basic Hemi-Sync. The first level where Hemi-Sync starts to have an effect on the person.
Focus 10 - Mind Awake / Body Asleep. The physical body sleeps and the mind is awake.
Focus 11 - Auto-suggestion state.
Focus 12 - Expanded Awareness. The awareness is expanded beyond the physical body.
Focus 15 - No Time exists. The awareness is expanded beyond time and place.
Focus 18 - Unconditional love / heart energy state.
Focus 21 - Other Energy Systems. The awareness is expanded to realities and energy systems beyond normal time, space and physical matter.
Focus 22 - At this level people are unconscious or partly conscious. People in coma, suffering from delirium or dementia, under the influence of drugs or alcohol; patients who are anesthetized or comatose. This level is chaotic, people are confused and very difficult to communicate with.

The levels above are mainly inhabited by people in physical existence. Beyond these levels this is not the case.

Focus 23 - Inhabited by those who have recently left physical existence (i.e. have died). They are either not aware of this or not able to become free from their ties to life on earth. They are isolated from contact with others.
Focus 24, 25, 26 - Belief System Territories. Somewhat similar to Focus 23, however people here are not isolated but live in groups. The inhabitants are humans from all periods and areas who have accepted and subscribed to various premises and concepts. All inhabitants of a specific territory are in contact with all others who share their beliefs. Contact with anyone holding conflicting beliefs is very limited.

Focus 27 - The Reception Center. An artificial area created by human minds, designed to ease the trauma and shock of the transition out of physical reality. It takes on the form of various earth environments in order to be acceptable to the wide variety of newcomers. Contact and communication is open between all inhabitants. Many people living in Focus 27 provide assistance to new arrivals to help them adjust to their new situation. This is a highly organized and structured area.
Focus 33 - Creation, a "creative area"
Focus 34/35 - The Gathering. Beings from many other locations within the physical universe are gathered here to witness the upcoming Earth Changes. Consciousness of the monad ("I-There" in Monroe terminology)
Focus 42 - I-There cluster consciousness
Focus 49 - Sea of I-There clusters

Focus Levels are grouped into sevens. The state categorizations follow this pattern:

Focus 1, 15, 22... - Security states
Focus 23... - Outer reality states
Focus 3, 10, 24... - Inner reality states
Focus 11, 18, 25... - Love states
Focus 12, 26... - Healing states
Focus 27, 34... - Ascension states
Focus 21, 35, 42, 49 - Wholeness states

So I think experienced some of this states that the closest to trance:

Focus 10: light trance
Focus 12: medium trance
Focus 15: deep trance

At least the feel the most similar with these states.

Hope I could help

Wish you all the best

CFTraveler
30th March 2015, 01:10 PM
Thank you for clarifying.

When in Focus 10 and/or in Focus 12, is a mental state "clear of thought" a natural byproduct? I think that this may be a personal thing, I can be in deep trance and still think, and even project and still think. I think there is a focus level where there is no time, (focus 15) but I bet there is still some thought- enough to realize 'where' you are.
I think 'no thought' is a discipline you master, I don't think it's 'natural' for a human in any level. But that's my opinion.

CFTraveler
30th March 2015, 01:12 PM
Good list, White Monkey. I see you've studied them beyond learning what they are.

dontco
30th March 2015, 08:59 PM
That's really a great list :-) maybe it could be helpful to sticky it or parts of it? (Sorry if I'm being rude, it's just that most beginners don't know much about focus levels and it's an awesome, informative list).

scienceofempty
31st March 2015, 12:43 AM
What an amazing summary - couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you, WhiteMonkey

scienceofempty
31st March 2015, 12:52 AM
I think that this may be a personal thing, I can be in deep trance and still think, and even project and still think. I think there is a focus level where there is no time, (focus 15) but I bet there is still some thought- enough to realize 'where' you are.
I think 'no thought' is a discipline you master, I don't think it's 'natural' for a human in any level. But that's my opinion.

What, then, is the true purpose of the "no thought" state in relation to spiritual development and energy work?

IA56
31st March 2015, 05:43 AM
What, then, is the true purpose of the "no thought" state in relation to spiritual development and energy work?

My experience about "no thought" is to when you master it, you can truly know you do not Project out or no other energies can mirror you so to speak and you can observe the reality Clean so to speak, and every vision what arises from this state is a real vision.
It is a distinction between no thought and no time it is the awareness about both. When you know that then you also know where you are and what differences there are to the ranges between both realms and conditions so to speak.

To learn this you have to traine daytime to get your mind to become like a blank page....and also learn tactile/feeling how it feels when you become that blank page...and so on.....

It is not easy to put it in word´s I hope I do not make worse for you, and if it did not help, ignore what I wrote.

Love
ia

WhiteMonkey
31st March 2015, 02:47 PM
I think in any trance state or focus level thougts can appear to have a clear and silent mind is more an ability than a state. Cause if u observe ur thoughts u see u are thinking almost all the time but u can learn to switch that stream of thoughts of. Once u master it u can switch of your thoughts whenever u want. Is it during walking cooking or normal activities or during meditstion or in trance.

I would call it a ability tonget off grid. Cause as far as i jnderstood this thoughts are flying around all the time and we tune into them so to get silent we hqve tonget off gridnof that network.

To become aware of your stream of thoughts is already a good start.

CFTraveler
31st March 2015, 03:51 PM
Robert describes the 'no thought' state as when you turn down the volume on a radio channel so you can hear the rest of the music. To clear the input from the conscious mind and experience whatever 'else' is happening around you. And, it's a great de-stresser in a busy world.

scienceofempty
31st March 2015, 05:41 PM
Thank you all for sharing your perspectives, they are very interesting.

Further questions have been raised that I will post in another thread in the meditation forum!

reid.vfx
12th April 2015, 10:03 AM
The reality is it's different for everybody. If you attend TMI programs some of the exercises are designed to be done while walking around outside. You move into focus 21 while doing this. Even if you do a weekend hemi-sync workshop we teach people to move in to focus 12 while awake and alert to problem solve.

You can be in a really deep focus 10 with no body awareness just like you can be in a very light focus 12 with complete body awareness. I think it's important not to try and measure your experiences of the focus levels by other peoples experiences. Trust the hemi-sync and just let go of expectation.

To go a step further TMI's new sound tech, SAM, encourages 'in the body experiences', so you are fully alert and basically sitting up in your CHEC unit having the experiences.

CFTraveler
13th April 2015, 12:14 PM
I need that training. I'm not so good at compartmentalizing mind stuff, even though my whole life is spent just doing so.