PDA

View Full Version : Favorite thought-control exercises

scienceofempty
31st March 2015, 07:00 PM
What are you favorite training exercises for turning off the constant stream of thoughts?

susan
31st March 2015, 07:48 PM
I have difficulty in this area but the only thing that works for me for a short time is to listen to the many different sounds within the ears. My right side has a clock ticking fast then another clock at a different speed. Left side has a high hissing sound but definitely no clock. Although I will focus on a particular side I'm not doing this thinking the words " now let's listen to the other side". I just do it .
Tried to focus on belly breathing but the noise in ears too loud to ignore. Even now sitting here with no background distractions I can hear this.

CFTraveler
31st March 2015, 08:01 PM
A few: Listen to a relaxed piece of music, and pay attention to the gaps in between the notes. 'Listening' for the silence does two things, it keeps me busy without thinking (or if I think, it's when the music's going) and listening to silence makes it expand, so to speak.
Another thing is to think on purpose, and then stop abruptly.
Another short one is to hold my breath. That works really well for me. For as long as I can hold it.

scienceofempty
31st March 2015, 09:01 PM
Although I will focus on a particular side I'm not doing this thinking the words " now let's listen to the other side". I just do it.

Easier said than done!

Interesting though, thanks for sharing :)

scienceofempty
31st March 2015, 09:02 PM
A few: Listen to a relaxed piece of music, and pay attention to the gaps in between the notes. 'Listening' for the silence does two things, it keeps me busy without thinking (or if I think, it's when the music's going) and listening to silence makes it expand, so to speak.

I will definitely try this - thank you!!

ButterflyWoman
1st April 2015, 05:35 AM
I constructed a mental/astral box. Big, but doesn't have to be, because thoughts can be compressed tightly. I just put the thoughts in that, with the knowledge that I can get them back at any time (but I also know that most of them are not worth chasing around, anyway). It's a combination of knowing that thoughts are not really that important (though they may be interesting) and that I can put them away and go back to them (or just leave them; they'll regenerate on their own).

IA56
1st April 2015, 08:48 AM
I am just Rising above them, I have no better explanation....in this way I instantly find a Peace of mind and silency what no word´s can tell....it is like a blank White page....

Love
ia

WhiteMonkey
1st April 2015, 02:38 PM
I have a few exercises which are working fine for me my favorite 2 are:
The interval sound robert bruce gives us in the 90 day astral guide with different intervals from 15 secs to 3 mins. Its great to start and its quite motivsting tondo it

Another one which i designed myself for some of my friend is to just to watch your thoughts. Sit back and get some deep breath then do like ur watching a movie but which thoughts. Always when one come watch it accept it aand let it go. Dont react to it dont call it negative oe positive. Its justna thought and its comming throu. Like ok here gou are please go on now.
In the biginning there will be a stream but after some days it will lessen and lessen until there will be moments where you are clear. Its really easy. Never get angry just relax and see it as a game.

To tame your mind is like taming a wild animal. Its takes a lot of passion but slowly slowly it will come closer and closer. But once u lose your passion and react nervous or suddenly angry it will run away and u need a lot of ground work again. Similar with the mind.

Hooe i could help.. still got some other techniques but try this ones first

Whish u all the best