PDA

View Full Version : Light Lunching and NEW

The Happy Scamp
28th July 2006, 08:31 PM
Living on Sunlight is something that Hira Ratan Manek has evidently mastered. Here is one link ( http://www.solarhealing.com/about.htm ) He also has been kind enough to share his method ( http://www.seekeronline.org/journals/y2004/jun04.html ). You can find all sorts of links to his teaching and backround if you google his name.

As you will see, it is simply a matter of gazing at the sun, when it is within an hour of the horizon, each day for 10 seconds longer than the day before till you get up to 45 minutes, and then doing something similar with going barefoot outside. That's about all there is to it.

The reason I refer to it here is that I suspect that this sungazing program in conjunction with NEW may radically shorten the time it takes to get the energy body to be living off the light of the sun & etc. I have been experimenting loosely with this. So far, except from some really strong energy rushes ( stronger for sure than with just NEW alone) I have nothing to report. One of these days soon though I will commence on a fast and see how it goes. But instead of waiting until then to mention the idea, I thought I would share it now so that others intersted might have at it as well.

I would like to hear of what results you get.

Thanks,
HS

star
28th July 2006, 10:08 PM
Please keep us updated, Ive been interested in Sungazing but haven't had the time to practice.

EOL007
28th July 2006, 10:29 PM
Hi Guys,

It is well known that direct sun gazing is very risky and can lead to permanent damage to one's eyesight.

Personally I do not recommend playing with this technique if there is any direct gaze involved - please take utmost care etc.

Thank you,

Stephen

P.S. Facing the sun e.g. with the sun salutation yoga asana and staring at it are two completely different things.

CFTraveler
29th July 2006, 03:27 PM
I have something to add: I have read posts related to this in other forums, and the argument for it's validity (other than spiritual) is that plants feed on sunlight, so why can't we? So my answer to that is: Plants are built to convert sunlight into food energy- via clorophyll. We do not have clorophyll, we have hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the bloodstream. Not the same thing, not the same function.
Sunlight can affect the body in positive and negative ways, and it is necessary. But through the eyes, the effect you have is of stimulating endorphin production, making you feel good. You don't have to stare at the sun to do this- just being outside in the sunlight with your eyes open for a certain amount of time (depending on the time of year) will give that effect.

.02c

The Happy Scamp
3rd August 2006, 06:51 PM
If you will trouble to read the referenced docs, you might be able to make useful contributions to the discussion.

In those docs it is made clear that the sun is safe to gaze at when it is near the horizon. I have done this myself for several months. I am not blind. The guy that lives on light has been doing it for years. He is not blind. In fact, he lives on nothing at all, as verified by scienetific observation.

That is quite an achievement. Deleted last comment as it was inflammatory. admin.

The Happy Scamp
3rd August 2006, 06:55 PM
Oops.

TWO moderators, making mouth about something about which they have no clue.

Once again the forums' moderators show themselves to be egregiously ignorant. It really is annoying.

I won't be back.

3rd August 2006, 07:00 PM
The Happy Scamp said:
Oops.

Once again the forums' moderators show themselves to be egregiously ignorant. It really is annoying.

I won't be back.That is your decision to make, but we don't allow comments such as the above. You might want to take into consideration that mods and admin. are just trying to keep a balanced view of things. There could be people who look at this thread without investigating further and damage their eyes by looking directly at the sun all times of the day. We have to try to make sure no one harms themselves. I don't see what is ignorant about that. Patty

orygbus
3rd August 2006, 08:25 PM
I have personally done sungazing for about 2 months and I can vouch for it's effectiveness and safety. Although it says when and how long the safety time is, I find the best time is 30 minutes as the sunrise and the last half hour of the sunset to be best....

Bluelq
4th August 2006, 04:32 AM
When I was young I would gaze direct at the sun at normal hours to gain energy. As I grew a few years I thought it was a silly thing I did because of some superhero complex. I later realized that it might of been inner wisdom. The bad news is that growing up I developed a good amount of astigmatism. It was somewhat hereditary but none the less I question if my young self looking at the sun dead midday had something to do with it. I would try to keep my eyes open as long as I could. As they say in Greek "Dear wisdom if I had you in my early years"

Reading this has brought some memories back. I wonder if there is a study we can find that would clear up the whole safety thing.

I also would like to point out what a shame it is for ones actions to put a damper on spiritual developmental techniques. When someone brings in a new practice but then reacts in a negative manner, how this kind of tints the actual practice. One must be very careful to walk the walk when they talk the talk or it can really disable anything you say to someone and rather then helping them cause the opposite effect.

orygbus
4th August 2006, 04:39 AM
There are tons of answered questions and feedback from people who have actually done sungazing http://forums.lifemysteries.com/

Additionally, the person who introduced it to the USA, H.R.M. visits there often and answers questions also.

orygbus
4th August 2006, 05:08 AM
...couldn't the same effect be achieved by simply meditating in the sun, or facing the sun with your eyes closed? Why does having sunlight enter your eyes and strike the retina have anything to do with your energy levels?

HRM did say somewhere that it was ok look with the eyes close, but compare to with the eyes open the beneifits is Dramaitcally slower.

I think HRM explains that the light has to enter the retina because it creates a new and shortest channel to the pineal glands (which is responsible for many psychic and spiritual phenomenon) which becomes stimulated by sungazing.....

orygbus
4th August 2006, 05:14 AM
In fact, he lives on nothing at all, as verified by scienetific observation.

According to the reading, he was under observation by NASA twice (one time was for 100+ days and another time was for 200+ days).

I believe HRM has started to eat again....

orygbus
4th August 2006, 05:22 AM
Here's what I wrote on a different forum about a year ago....

***I actually did it for about a month and half....it's actually quite an amazing experience....I haven't done it again, since I've been too busy but I been meaning to get back to it soon.....most people won't experience much within the first month, it's after the first month when you start getting all the good stuff......My eyes are still fine, yours will be too if you follow the precautions....

You can go here http://forums.lifemysteries.com/ .....it has a lot more useful information and HRM visits there often so you can ask him a question directly....

It's all very easy, the only difficult thing is finding or squeezing in the time to do it during the SAFE HOURS, if you can than I would recommend it...

***My experience was: a dramatic decrease in the need to sleep - in a 3 day period I slept a total of 8 hours - but I still felt very energized. At the end of the 3 days I still had good mental clearity/focus (my mental clearity/focus might have been better than normal!), enough to do good on an exam....I felt a lot more centered and in touch with nature, happier.....I became friendlier to/with people, and people were more social with me....I had a dramatic decrease in urge to eat (I love to eat and a lot).....I had better skin.....I was slightly more sensitive to energy.....it felt very spiritual....but most of these affect, for me, came after the first month or so (so don't give up!)......

CFTraveler
4th August 2006, 06:23 PM
Oops.

I won't be back. Besides the insult, I'd like for you to show me what part of my post was uninformed and ignorant.

Bluelq
5th August 2006, 12:59 AM
I read the original link 9 month program. So sungazing and eating in excess will evetnually cause rapid weight gain? Just a small joke as a sidenote. I for one am a believer the only issue is fitting these sessions in ones life. The walking barefoot afterwards would pose a small problem. I dont of many areas well that I could do so. This also assumes no cloud coverage, but I guess the point is the gradual increase of time more then anything. Excited to try it. If nothing else will have a good amount of response from the sungazing in my earlier years.