PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to sustain yourself with magic?

Saturn
17th April 2015, 09:56 PM
Can a person be a full time magician and sustain his body through magical means like creating his own food with thoughts or something along those lines. Or will he always have to have a "day job"?

WhiteMonkey
18th April 2015, 06:01 AM
Hey
thats a interesting question. I tnink u couod be a full time magician wince there are people who dont eat physical food and dont drink any physical liquid. Insay physical cause they usenanother energy source to get energy. So if u could learn that u dont need to work for food and if u own a house where u dont use heat water or elektrizity ornproduce thst ureself u can be just a magician.

If u offer ur services like healing consulting and co tonpeople u could pay your billsnwith that income

And another choice would be to become a monk or gonto a monestery and life there only foe ur development away from the material world

CFTraveler
18th April 2015, 01:37 PM
I don't know if they could, but history says magicians usually end up on the other side of the coin-power hungry, hungry for experience, and just generally self-indulgent. Or at least the ones we hear about. Maybe we should define 'magician', though.

DarkChylde
18th April 2015, 01:48 PM
Can a person be a full time magician and sustain his body through magical means like creating his own food with thoughts or something along those lines. Or will he always have to have a "day job"?

are we talking about the kind of "magic" we see in movies? , i.e where things just suddenly appear out of no where ? If so then yes.

I think the human body was built in a manner where sustenance isn't optional but necessary , regardless of how you get to it.

Saturn
18th April 2015, 05:20 PM
When I say "magician" I'm just referring to a person who is skilled in the use of magic, without any regard to how they use it. Although I can see where this might be a problem, as helping ourselves by earning money will ultimately help other people as well such as the business owner or by paying taxes. While the magician who sustains himself through his own imagination is bypassing society.

So how practical is this anyways? it seems like it would take a long time to accomplish this feat and by the time you do, you would already have food covered.