PDA

View Full Version : Deep Trance Difficulties

DerFürst
17th April 2015, 11:59 PM
My overall progress has been arrested at this point. I want to enter the deep trance state for a more intense meditation, more effective energy work, and to consciously induce OBEs. However, without first learning how to enter a deep trance, those aren't attainable goals, so they're no longer my current focus.

I'm hoping I could get some help with this. I'm sure it's something simple.

*I've never purposefully induced this state. I've only ever come upon it accidentally a few minutes after waking up. It feels like being in a limbo between awake and asleep, with thoughts having very noticeable impact, energy being easy to feel, the occasional floating dream sequence, and a sense of happiness is present. I feel very detached, almost like I'm nowhere. I've never been able to hold it for a few minutes before falling back asleep or snapping back to wakefulness.

*I do not receive much physical exercise, but otherwise I'm in good health. I'm guessing not exercising to exhaustion hurts my ability to relax.

*Breathing exercises don't seem to have any affect on my heart rate or level of relaxation.

*Lack of focus seems to draw me further into trance states, but paradoxically, I can't stay awake if I'm not focused.

*Awareness meditation doesn't seem to help either.

*Before attempting to enter a trance, I do about 20 minutes of stretching and relaxing/tensing. However, the relaxation gained from this wears off in about a half an hour. Perhaps there is long standing tension.

*I have a very serious attitude and rarely find myself happy.

With that information, what advice can you give towards reaching the deep trance? What potentially counterproductive things am I doing, and what other techniques are there to help me?

ButterflyWoman
18th April 2015, 08:28 AM
To be perfectly honest, I've found that deep trance is not useful for much in the way of conscious explorations, that is, anything that requires lucidity. Deep trance is excellent for restful purposes, for disengaging your brain, and there are benefits from doing it, but they generally are not apparent when IN that state, if you understand what I mean.

For things like OBE, meditative prayer, energy work, psychic self protection, contacting higher self, etc., a light trance is far more effective. Just an alpha state, no deeper.

I hope I'm understanding what you're asking and answering appropriately. If I got it wrong, feel free to disregard. :)

DerFürst
18th April 2015, 06:49 PM
To be perfectly honest, I've found that deep trance is not useful for much in the way of conscious explorations, that is, anything that requires lucidity. Deep trance is excellent for restful purposes, for disengaging your brain, and there are benefits from doing it, but they generally are not apparent when IN that state, if you understand what I mean.

For things like OBE, meditative prayer, energy work, psychic self protection, contacting higher self, etc., a light trance is far more effective. Just an alpha state, no deeper.

I hope I'm understanding what you're asking and answering appropriately. If I got it wrong, feel free to disregard. :)

I may be getting my terminology wrong

In AD, Robert Bruce makes a distinction between 3 basic trance states: light, full, and deep. Now that I read it again, it sounds like I should be focused on the full trance. I don't know if I'm remembering this correctly, but I think he says that deeper trances lead to more effective energy work and increase the chances for projections, which is why I'm interested. For energy work, my focus is on increasing development of those centers. Energy work without trance levels seems sufficient for repair and upkeep, but not for progress.

Osiris
18th April 2015, 08:37 PM
yeah Im all for Deeper trances...They enable me to just step away from my body, so to speak. They are soooo difficult to reach for me however. It takes, for myself, a ton of dedicated practice and Im too flighty for it lol.

ctcarr
19th April 2015, 06:16 AM
when you say deep trance do you mean the trance when your basically in a black void and you feel or see nothing at all. you feel like you are the void basically? That kind of deep trance?

For me i was never able to really induce myself into that trance by itself. when my mind is cleared and i stay focused I'd reach this state Before the actual projection itself. at first i was pretty unaware of the state and would more or less unconsciously make the projection happen from this state by rolling out of body or whatever.

after continuous practice though I see that i now recognize this state more consciously and i'm able to actually consciously induce my projection/experience from this state.

Maybe all you need is some more practice so your mind can start to consciously recognize the state! :)

Good Luck!

Aunt Clair
31st May 2015, 02:53 PM
Personally I believe that the deepest trance is what affords the greatest development in pathworking. Deep Trance allows boosting of the immune system, healing of the body , restoration of peace, and much more than this. Deep Trance affords ascension through energy initiations, attunements, mystic visions, mystic projections and through the lessons of the Mahatma which can not be met except in altered states of consciousness such as is best afforded through Deep Trance.

To attain a deep trance the mystic must prime the energy body by drawing energy through it. I find that drawing energy downwards from crown to toes and following this with an upward flow from feet to crown instantly affords trance . That is if it is done in the prepared sacred chamber. It is possible to do just as well while sitting in a car or waiting in a doctor's office but it is best to create the optimal atmosphere and this occurs in a prepared sacred chamber. The space should be clean , uncluttered and closed in to create a place where the energy rolls within and is self contained so it builds up. The asana or pose of the mystic should be comfortable enough that it can be sustained for 30 minutes or more. And the spine should be able to carry the energy through it so crossing limbs or contorting the spine will impair trancing.

I suggest to you the works of Diana Cooper A Little Book on Ascension and Dr. Joshua David Stone 's many works on ascension methods through trance meditation.
Here are some links;
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?14001-Adopting-a-conducive-ASANA&highlight=throne+asana
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?13287-Initiatic-Magick-with-the-Mahatma-through-the-Pyramids-amp-Temples-of-Shamballah&highlight=sacred+chamber
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?13162-Joshua-David-Stone-and-Ascended-Masters&highlight=sacred+chamber
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?13288-2-Bailey-amp-Stone-s-6th-Initiation-in-the-Golden-Chamber-of-Melchiezedek&highlight=sacred+chamber