PDA

View Full Version : Meditation devices and aids

outofbodydude
20th April 2015, 02:26 PM
I'd like to start a discussion sharing opinions about the pros and cons of using technology to assist one's meditation practice. I am mainly referring to any external piece of technology that induces a meditative state, such as Hemi-Sync binaural beats, energy resonance devices, crystals, etc.

CFTraveler
20th April 2015, 08:56 PM
I love binaurals because I can let go and that is big for me. (Big surprise, she has control issues.) Even though I hardly ever project with binaurals (or any other type of audio help) they relax me like nobody's business.

outofbodydude
20th April 2015, 10:25 PM
I love binaurals because I can let go and that is big for me. (Big surprise, she has control issues.) Even though I hardly ever project with binaurals (or any other type of audio help) they relax me like nobody's business.

Thanks for the reply.

Now consider this:

By using an artificial means to induce a state of surrender, letting go and relaxing, you are bypassing the otherwise necessary development of the natural skills needed to achieve this.

This can be likened to taking medicine to alleviate symptoms of a disease, rather than getting to the root of the illness and curing it. Without the development of the skills required to let go of attachment, you will never truly be liberated from the stress and suffering that it causes, but instead will continue to be reliant on temporary fixes.

CFTraveler
20th April 2015, 11:20 PM
I can do it without the binaurals, (and often do) but with the binaurals it's much easier. That's why I like them, regardless of how often or seldom I use them.

outofbodydude
21st April 2015, 12:47 AM
Absolutely, getting into a peaceful and calm state of mind is much easier with Hemi-Sync. I choose not to use it because doing so forgoes the development of the skills that I wish to cultivate. I strictly use binaurals/isochronics for inducing OBEs and lucid dreams.