PDA

View Full Version : Astral Projection a psychic ability?

osgmke
22nd April 2015, 12:51 PM
does anyone consider conscious AP'ing to be a "psychic ability"

CFTraveler
22nd April 2015, 01:12 PM
I don't consider it a psychic ability. Or maybe we should try to define what a psychic ability is.
We project every night, everyone does it. The 'ability' lies in having it consciously. It comes harder to some people than others, but essentially, that would be the difference.
I suppose it's like the term 'musical ability'- some people can carry a tune, others can't, but. barring some brain injury, I'm pretty sure that anyone can recognize music when they hear it.
I don't consider myself a psychic because I don't go around having insights about everyone, without wondering if it's psychological projection or 'reception', and anyway, I don't like the term because it's too general.
Psychic='mental' ist.

ButterflyWoman
22nd April 2015, 01:13 PM
So, what, exactly, is "a psychic"? Honestly, I think it's kind of a useless label, and it's got a really bad rep. Whenever I see someone say "I'm a psychic" I tend to regard them with tremendous suspicion, and I've got an extremely weird and very rich collection of psychic, mystical, supernatural, and other worldly experiences going back some 45 years. ;)