PDA

View Full Version : OBEs from Lucid Dreams - only wishful dreaming?

Dsmoke
30th July 2006, 07:07 AM
I've been trying to OBE from lucid dreams. In each instance, it definitely feels like the OBEs I've had before, with the floating over the bed and the difficulty adjusting to movement, and the sucking feeling that zooms me there. The only issue is that I never see my body, and when I wake I realize it wasn't my bed or bedroom! This is the fifth time it's happened. Can I seriously be projecting to someone else's room in the astral every single time, or is it just a wistful dream?

I have had very few OBEs so I worry that I'm tricking myself by remembering the sensations from past OBEs, and that it's really just a detailed dream with sensations constructed from memory. Is there any way to tell?

(and I know someone is going to tell me that it doesn't matter. Thank you, but it does matter for me in regards of which techniques I choose for future OBE attempts.)

kiwibonga
30th July 2006, 02:50 PM
I have experienced all the things you described. Objectivity degrades very fast for us beginners. I think our problem is we have a tendency to phase into the astral plane from the sleep paralysis (etheric) state, or a few seconds after projecting into the real time zone. We are not used to being in control, we are used to phasing into the dream state where things seem to have been created for us.

About not seeing your body, this has happened to me as well. It can be a scary sight, from what I've read -- remember that many things are "hidden" from us by our subconscious in order to protect us from our fears or judgement.

For example, many entities are actually nude in the astral, but we see them wearing clothes, simply because the nude is something that is embarrassing to us.

Next time you find something odd, try blinking, and telling yourself that when you open your eyes again, you will only see reality.

I think most experiences where we find ourselves in the unknown are actually teaching us our own power of creation -- it is something that is very difficult to control, but will be resolved with experience.

Dsmoke
31st July 2006, 12:33 AM
Next time you find something odd, try blinking, and telling yourself that when you open your eyes again, you will only see reality.

Thanks, that's a good suggestion.

The most confusing thing is that although I initially think I am hovering above my own bed, it becomes clear that it isn't my bedroom. It seems unlikely that I would consistently be projecting into someone else's bedroom :(