PDA

View Full Version : I just don't know where I'm going in life

buzzcock
8th May 2015, 10:58 AM
I just feel lost in a cycle of trying to gain happiness and losing it again. I make friends, I lose them, I find a happy place, I have to leave it, I meet people, I can't cope with them, I find a good state of mind, it wears off, I find an interest, I lose it, I find peace with my family, I fight with them again. I feel I'm struggling so much to keep my head above depression and difficulties, I keep climbing up hills to slide back. I work so hard to drag myself out of bad situations and I end up slipping back into them.

I feel like loneliness dogs me, I want people around me but cant cope with them, or don't know where to go, or can't relate to people I'm with, can't connect. I keep finding happiness, short friendships and relationships, situations where I feel happy, and losing them again. And I think now, so what, why work so hard to improve my lot if time will pass and Ill end up back where I was.

I just feel so "piled on" with problems - I have some disabilities and special needs that effect me, and I had some childhood problems that gave me a lot of fears, low confidence, fear of relationships. I feel I can't do anything, any career, anything.

sorry for the moan, I'm reading Robert Bruce right now - I've been reading self-help, spiritual books etc for 10 years now and the effects don't last for me. I always get "stronger lessons" that I can't cope with and end up slipping back into despair.

I mean if you could all see what I've been in the last few years, constant suicide threats of family members around me, complete uncalled-for put downs and attacks from those same people, constantly telling me I don't care about them and I hate them despite for having put my life on hold to care for them, constantly telling me I was lazy despite me working from morning to night, scaring me with aggression. I'm living alone now a mess of nervous habits and alcoholism.

I want to find some way to put all this behind me and set my mind on a positive path and improve my life permanently. I want my family to be ok, including those members I complained about just now, and I would like myself to be a bit more at peace. I want to achieve this.

IA56
8th May 2015, 12:54 PM
Hi you,

Your life is the opposit to mine. You loose, I choose to leave.

Have you tried to forgive both yourself and others?? It is not that easy as it sounds, it takes both curage and effort and dedication.
I will pray for you if it is okay??

Love
ia

buzzcock
8th May 2015, 01:12 PM
Thanks very much for all advice / prayer. I just feel I keep doing hypnosis, law-of-attraction type self improvement routines and my life becomes happy and then I slip down again. Either family drags me into drama or I get depressed/socially phobic. I would love lasting happiness for my family and myself.

dontco
8th May 2015, 01:44 PM
Hello, buzzcock :-) how are you? I'm very sorry for what you have to go through.
I can try to offer some advice. It's possible you already know about it. I think, the greatest piece of advice is: "the most important thing is that you feel good". I agree with this alot and try to live by that rule. When you change your focus- your life seem different. A trick I like doing is finding the good in every situation. When someone yells loudly in my ear, I try to think "at least I can hear". I try to get the kick out of the simple pleasures in life. The sound of music. The taste of cookies. The thrill of reading a great book. I have some boards on pinterest where I pinned some inspiring words to inspire me everyday. I also have a board for thankful words to remind me to be thankful. And I think that's helpful! I recommend it for anybody (You may also want to try a self love board because life gets much better when you love yourself first :-). This is the beginning of everyything.).
If you don't know Abraham Hicks, I think they might be helpful for you, too! And you also may want to keep a journal to let it all out. And don't forget to write down 5 things you're grateful for each day! the more grateful you are, the more magical life becomes.
Good luck with everything and if you need advice/ want to talk to someone, you're welcome to PM me!
dontco.:-)

buzzcock
8th May 2015, 05:34 PM
Hello, buzzcock :-) how are you? I'm very sorry for what you have to go through.
I can try to offer some advice. It's possible you already know about it. I think, the greatest piece of advice is: "the most important thing is that you feel good". I agree with this alot and try to live by that rule. When you change your focus- your life seem different. A trick I like doing is finding the good in every situation. When someone yells loudly in my ear, I try to think "at least I can hear". I try to get the kick out of the simple pleasures in life. The sound of music. The taste of cookies. The thrill of reading a great book. I have some boards on pinterest where I pinned some inspiring words to inspire me everyday. I also have a board for thankful words to remind me to be thankful. And I think that's helpful! I recommend it for anybody (You may also want to try a self love board because life gets much better when you love yourself first :-). This is the beginning of everyything.).
If you don't know Abraham Hicks, I think they might be helpful for you, too! And you also may want to keep a journal to let it all out. And don't forget to write down 5 things you're grateful for each day! the more grateful you are, the more magical life becomes.
Good luck with everything and if you need advice/ want to talk to someone, you're welcome to PM me!

thanks.

buzzcock
11th May 2015, 08:08 AM
Reading RB. I intend to sort out the negative downers in my life. I intend to sort my head out and get a happier life and better company for people around me.

buttercup
15th May 2015, 12:41 AM
I just feel lost in a cycle of trying to gain happiness and losing it again. I make friends, I lose them, I find a happy place, I have to leave it, I meet people, I can't cope with them, I find a good state of mind, it wears off, I find an interest, I lose it, I find peace with my family, I fight with them again. I feel I'm struggling so much to keep my head above depression and difficulties, I keep climbing up hills to slide back. I work so hard to drag myself out of bad situations and I end up slipping back into them.

I feel like loneliness dogs me, I want people around me but cant cope with them, or don't know where to go, or can't relate to people I'm with, can't connect. I keep finding happiness, short friendships and relationships, situations where I feel happy, and losing them again. And I think now, so what, why work so hard to improve my lot if time will pass and Ill end up back where I was.

I just feel so "piled on" with problems - I have some disabilities and special needs that effect me, and I had some childhood problems that gave me a lot of fears, low confidence, fear of relationships. I feel I can't do anything, any career, anything.

sorry for the moan, I'm reading Robert Bruce right now - I've been reading self-help, spiritual books etc for 10 years now and the effects don't last for me. I always get "stronger lessons" that I can't cope with and end up slipping back into despair.

I mean if you could all see what I've been in the last few years, constant suicide threats of family members around me, complete uncalled-for put downs and attacks from those same people, constantly telling me I don't care about them and I hate them despite for having put my life on hold to care for them, constantly telling me I was lazy despite me working from morning to night, scaring me with aggression. I'm living alone now a mess of nervous habits and alcoholism.

I want to find some way to put all this behind me and set my mind on a positive path and improve my life permanently. I want my family to be ok, including those members I complained about just now, and I would like myself to be a bit more at peace. I want to achieve this.

For one,you should consider ,eliminating or limiting toxic people from your life.
Two,happiness is not a constant. Life is always going to be ups,and downs and new lessons,you just have to try and find the joy in them. I maybe would recommend alan watts material. Just because life has ups and downs,and painful things,doesn't mean you can't have a happy and fulfilling life. Let go of the feeling of "waiting." Become present. Also,if you feel aimless,try setting the intention that you now have direction in your life. I've done that recently as i had spent 2 months feeling aimless and now have been feeling very much like i have direction again. By the way,i can relate to some of what you've said. It's just a matter of strictly..be happy anyways! Sounds superficial and too simple,but in fact,it's put me on the right track many times and brought me miracles even with the unfathomable things that related to my pain. Stop complicating things with negative chatter,and just get simple,and get happy.

buttercup
15th May 2015, 12:44 AM
Hi you,

Your life is the opposit to mine. You loose, I choose to leave.

Have you tried to forgive both yourself and others?? It is not that easy as it sounds, it takes both curage and effort and dedication.
I will pray for you if it is okay??

Love
ia

I remember when someone was awful to me with how a relationship ended,i found myself needing forgiveness. seems like it'd be the opposite,but in fact,i found forgiving them easier then forgiving myself and forgiving myself the more powerful key to really soaring my happiness. Forgiveness is a powerful thing. Even if it's "other" people,who seem to be needing the forgiving,don't forget about yourself,too.

buttercup
15th May 2015, 12:45 AM
Thanks very much for all advice / prayer. I just feel I keep doing hypnosis, law-of-attraction type self improvement routines and my life becomes happy and then I slip down again. Either family drags me into drama or I get depressed/socially phobic. I would love lasting happiness for my family and myself.

I do wonder,if you are overdoing the spiritual work. Sometimes we try too hard,and end up not making much progress because of that. Just,maybe consider doing something that makes you happy,and feels good,instead.

buttercup
15th May 2015, 12:47 AM

love your posts!

newfreedom
15th May 2015, 02:19 AM
Just,maybe consider doing something that makes you happy,and feels good,instead.

This resonates with me, i am liking this advice, suggestion, very helpful

newfreedom
15th May 2015, 02:23 AM
Reading RB. I intend to sort out the negative downers in my life. I intend to sort my head out and get a happier life and better company for people around me.

Sounds like a plan:

Reading RB.
I intend to sort out the negative downers in my life.
I intend to sort my head out and get a happier life and better company for people around me.

Good plan, i need to do this also

buzzcock
15th May 2015, 08:02 AM
Thank you , much appreciated.