PDA

View Full Version : The more I do, the less I feel

scienceofempty
15th May 2015, 03:34 AM
It is getting sort of discouraging, if I'm to be honest.

The more I go on with my practice, the less I seem to actually feel my energy body when doing the energy work. Or so it seems.

All I feel is a sense of warmth and heaviness when my awareness is on my energy body. It's almost as if I am questioning whether anything is happening at all. Before there was no doubt about it because sensations were very pronounced.

Is this normal? Is it a sort of "plateau"? It almost feels as if doing energy work is useless and I'm not progressing at anything.

Vega
15th May 2015, 06:24 AM
Hi there.

what you are feeling sounds perfectly normal. Robert talks about how re sensations will tend to lessen as the energy body adapts to the greater flow of energy demands you're placing on it. So think of less sensation as good progress! A sense of warmth, air, or heaviness all sounds like healthy energy sensations to me.

ButterflyWoman
15th May 2015, 06:30 AM
It's almost as if I am questioning whether anything is happening at all.
Try not to let this become ingrained habit. Beliefs (and doubt is a form of belief, or, rather, disbelief, but it's the same kind of energy) can and do play havoc with this sort of pursuit.

Yes, it's normal. There are periods of adjustment and times when things are "quiet" and "not very interesting" and other times when things are like "holy crap, just how deep does this rabbit hole go?!" (hint: it's bottomless ;)) or you're walking around in a haze of existential angst, or your reality wobbles so hard you can't navigate in it, and on and on. Fluctuations and ebbs and flows are totally normal and to be expected.

Just keep doing what you're doing, don't get too worked up if you can't perceive change or sensation or whatever, and in time, it'll flip around and be something else (who knows what; it's very individual). :)

IA56
15th May 2015, 08:26 AM
I am not sure how to say this, so I just say...Keep going...do not doubt...it is a "plateau"

Love

ia

scienceofempty
15th May 2015, 11:08 PM
Thank you everyone. The encouragement helps me very much at this time.

Leon
15th June 2015, 02:06 AM
I have noticed that the energy sensations feel significantly better in the evening time than in the morning. I think it's mostly because our body and our consciousness aren't awakening the same time, body needs more time to be awakened so energy work in the evening time can give more sensations than energy work in the morning. I have noticed that working with my base chakra, I barely feel it in the morning but I feel it very well in the evening also I feel my chakras well when I don't get enough sleep even without energy work especially my brow chakra it is active 24/7 a few years already.

Leon
15th June 2015, 02:14 AM
I also don't feel my energy well in the next day after heavy energy work, I think the energy body needs more time to adopt, it is like overtraining your physical body and you need time to get well again and regain your energy. The older you are the more time you need, an old body more difficult to train than a young body and one needs more time get used to it.

Leon
15th June 2015, 02:22 AM
But I might be wrong because every human is unique.

ButterflyWoman
15th June 2015, 08:07 AM
I was thinking about this. I rarely feel energetic movement any more. It has to be quite significant for me to be aware of it at all. However, I can and do manipulate and manage energy constantly, because years of practice has shown me how to do that. The need to perceive it directly is no longer necessary at all. I did find that if I WANT to perceive the energy, I can do that by shifting my focus, in the same way that I can "listen" to the ringing in my ears (I have a lifetime of tinnitus which I have learned to tune out).

Does this mean anything to anyone but me? I don't know, but I thought I'd write it down in case it does. ;)

CFTraveler
15th June 2015, 02:59 PM
If I want to feel it, I lay on the floor, with my arms up. I had a drawing, but Idk where it is. If I find it, I'll post it.