PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to be exhausted?

Saturn
20th May 2015, 05:07 AM
I've noticed that when I do my energy work I'm starting to become really mentally exhausted. Is this normal? I've read in the book that you cant overdo the energy work itself. Maybe it's because of the "brush" I created with my imagination. It's basically a ring that can change shape, with the bristles along the internal diameter. I always split my awareness so I always have two of these rings for my arms and legs fastened together with a "rod" so one doesn't get ahead of the other. You think this requires too much concentration to maintain?

Also on a side note, the sun rays feel pretty good once my energy body is all fired up :D

CFTraveler
20th May 2015, 12:17 PM
It can be normal in the first three months of practice, but I think you've been doing this for longer.
He does say to always apply the golden rule if you're having problems, though.
I personally got very tired around three months in, and had to take a month and a half off of all practices, including projection practice, and I bounced back rather quickly.

Saturn
20th May 2015, 05:48 PM
I've been doing it pretty casually in the past, but now that I'm doing the MAP program I'm doing it every day. I skip Sundays though.
I realize as I laid in bed last night, the muscles around my eyes were pretty sore, or at least that's where my headache was coming from. When I do my energy work I usually have my eyes closed but I can still feel some movement in my eyes. The movement of energy also seems to coincide with my breathing, where each breath = 1 pulse.

CFTraveler
21st May 2015, 01:21 PM
When I started practicing/learning energy work I had the 'moving your eyes' problem. Brian recommended to try to do the work with my eyes open (energy work only) to see if this would help me control this, and it worked. After it stopped becoming a concern I learned to relax my eyes and my face at the end of the muscle tensing/releasing part (at the beginning of the routine) and I would concentrate on 'melting my face' at the very end of this step. This helped with the face tensing and also gave my entire body a little more relaxation, which was helpful.

Saturn
21st May 2015, 03:43 PM
I noticed particular problems with tensing my face/jaw/neck where it was still uncomfortable for a while afterwards. How hard do you tense up? Do you only have to lightly tense the muscles or do you go as hard as you can?

CFTraveler
22nd May 2015, 06:40 PM
I barely tense at all, it's just to get contrast and to know when I'm relaxing the muscles. Some people don't tense them at all, just 'place' them (put their awareness on them) and then let go and relax. The idea is to relax them, so do what relaxes them the most.

Saturn
22nd May 2015, 09:16 PM
ah thanks, I'm going to do that instead. I've been tensing as hard as I can lol it's excruciating.

WhiteMonkey
23rd May 2015, 11:22 AM
Try to make some streching of the neck and sholder part before relaxing that helps a lot. One good exercise is

Just let your head hannging to the front for 3 breaths on the 4th breath take him slowly up to a balanced position and on your outbrearh let him go down to the left hold 3 up down back hold 3 down right. Repeat 3 times very good for neck tensions.

Anotherone is hold your heands behing your back/hips and routate your shoulders in a down up down up rotation. One down up per breath

First weak this can cause hidden tension or problems to cause light pain but after that shouls be fine.

Saturn
24th May 2015, 03:23 AM
Hey CFTtraveler and WhiteMonkey I just want to say thanks again, I've tried your suggestions and I felt a lot better this time.

WhiteMonkey
24th May 2015, 01:51 PM
Your welcome. If it helps your development it makes me happy ��

CFTraveler
24th May 2015, 04:35 PM
I'm glad you feel better.