PDA

View Full Version : The Love Yourself Thread

dontco
20th May 2015, 07:56 PM
Hello! how are you? thought it would be fun to post a "love yourself thread" since loving yourself is so important. And so are you!
This thread will be all about affirmations, quotes, tips or whatever you feel will feel good! :heart: Let's keep up the good vibes!

"Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening"
~ Lisa M. Hayes
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rdMzb-Sxvfs/UVRcxtfagII/AAAAAAAALWI/qq5fcxqzUnM/s1600/the+self+mirror.jpg

CFTraveler
21st May 2015, 01:22 PM
:-) :grouphug: :thumbsup:

dontco
24th May 2015, 06:17 PM
:-) :grouphug: :thumbsup:
:love:

I love this TedTalk by Anita Moorjani (about her NDE) and I thought I'd share it here because of its overall message. I also wonder- how would we define what happened to her? she has an interesting story. Was she in one of Monroe's states?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhcJNJbRJ6U

susan
24th May 2015, 09:02 PM
She has very inspirational advice.

dontco
25th May 2015, 08:33 AM
She has very inspirational advice.
I'm glad you liked it :-) I thought so, too. It would be interesting- what would happen in the world if people actually took her advice and lived by it.

dontco
27th May 2015, 08:29 PM
Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.

dontco
28th May 2015, 02:57 PM
"The one person I am with forever is me.
My relationship with myself is eternal, so I choose to be my own best friend.
I choose to love and accept myself and talk to myself as I would to a beloved person in my life.
I saturate all the cells in my body with love, and they become vibrantly healthy.
I relate with love to all my life."
- Louise Hay :redface:

dontco
29th May 2015, 01:02 PM
You are so worth loving.

"You have this one life. How do you wanna spend it? Apologizing? Regretting? Questioning? Hating yourself? Dieting? Running after people who don’t see you? Be brave. Believe in yourself. Do what feels good. Take risks. You have this one life. Make yourself proud."
-unknown

"If only our bodies would marry the beauty growing inside them, it wouldn't be so exhausting trying to love ourselves."
-Christopher Poindexter

*Edit: I almost forgot to add- If you're living in a warm area, don't forget do put down a bowl of water outside your house for feral cats in hot summer days! It can be a matter of life or death for our furry friends* :love:

dontco
2nd June 2015, 07:06 PM
I found this Louise Hay article about how to love yourself and I thought it was wonderful, so I'm sharing this here. Definitely worth a look!
"Loving yourself is a wonderful adventure; it’s like learning to fly. Imagine if we all had the power to fly at will? How exciting it would be! Let’s begin to love ourselves now." (we actually can fly, during OBEs ;))

The part I liked most: "Don't wait until you get well, or lose the weight, or get the new job, or find the new relationship. Begin now—and do the best you can." (This is so right! and we always get this wrong...)

12 ways you can love yourself now (http://www.healyourlife.com/12-ways-you-can-love-yourself-now)

dontco
3rd June 2015, 08:57 PM
As I Began to Love Myself – Self Love Poem by Charlie Chaplin
As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering
are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth.
Today, I know, this is “AUTHENTICITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood how much it can offend somebody
As I try to force my desires on this person, even though I knew the time
was not right and the person was not ready for it, and even though this
person was me. Today I call it “RESPECT”.
As I began to love myself I stopped craving for a different life,
and I could see that everything that surrounded me was inviting me to grow.
Today I call it “MATURITY”.
As I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance,
I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens
at the exactly right moment. So I could be calm.
Today I call it “SELF-CONFIDENCE”.
As I began to love myself I quit steeling my own time,
and I stopped designing huge projects for the future.
Today, I only do what brings me joy and happiness, things I love to do
and that make my heart cheer, and I do them in my own way and in
my own rhythm. Today I call it “SIMPLICITY”.
As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for
my health – food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew
me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude
a healthy egoism. Today I know it is “LOVE OF ONESELF”.
As I began to love myself I quit trying to always be right, and ever since
I was wrong less of the time. Today I discovered that is “MODESTY”.
As I began to love myself I refused to go on living in the past and worry
about the future. Now, I only live for the moment, where EVERYTHING
is happening. Today I live each day, day by day, and I call it “FULFILLMENT”.
As I began to love myself I recognized that my mind can disturb me
and it can make me sick. But As I connected it to my heart, my
mind became a valuable ally. Today I call this
connection “WISDOM OF THE HEART”.
We no longer need to fear arguments, confrontations or any kind of problems
with ourselves or others. Even stars collide, and out of their crashing
new worlds are born.Today I know THAT IS “LIFE”!

dontco
4th June 2015, 07:47 PM
One of the best TEDx videos! by Gala Darling (who is indeed a darling). Bound to make you feel good, just like you should. Has some sweet advice, too! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFXHYtY9ag8

And this was written by the speaker (beautiful!), and taken from her blog (http://galadarling.com/article/radical-self-love-manifesto/). Radical self love manifesto!
Radical self love is about channelling your inner badass. Radical self love is learning new ways to push boundaries and live your dreams. Radical self love is a celebration of the everyday, and a shirking of the mundane. Radical self love is about realising that you get to make your own choices, and that you don’t have to live out what someone else has prescribed for you.
Radical self love is about fueling your body with nutritious food, but eating a bowl of chocolate ice-cream whenever you damn well please.
Radical self love is smiling with your teeth showing.
Radical self love is about honouring your inner twelve-year-old.
Radical self love is realising that you are your own best investment. Radical self love is pushing yourself to do the things that scare you. Radical self love is dreaming big, and doing even bigger. Radical self love is about making sacrifices that you appreciate years later.
Radical self love isn’t always about making the easy choice; sometimes it’s damn hard.
Radical self love is surrounding yourself with positive people who love and encourage you. Radical self love is choosing to date yourself. Radical self love is about becoming your own best friend.
Radical self love is saying no.
Radical self love is saying yes.
Radical self love is spontaneous. Radical self love is not being afraid of strangers. Radical self love is staying true to your own unique vision.
Radical self love makes “normal” people nervous.
Radical self love is listening to music that makes you happy, no matter how cheesy or uncool it may be. Radical self love is waking up early; radical self love is staying up late.
Radical self love is buying yourself flowers. Radical self love is getting up close and personal with your spirituality. Radical self love is laughing at yourself, and never taking anything too seriously.
Radical self love is about doing whatever is best for you. Radical self love is different for everyone.
Radical self love is being an individual.
Radical self love is being connected.
Radical self love is learning the lessons, and then helping others.
Radical self love is never finished. Radical self love is always evolving.
Radical self love is keeping a bottle of champagne on-hand, just in case!
Feel free to add to this, change it, make it your own!
:love:

Sinera
5th June 2015, 11:32 AM
By coincidence, I yesterday read again a bit the articles on the transients site where interesting regression sessions (with the QHTT method by Dolores Cannon) are sometimes posted.

The topic of Self-Love came up that's why I link it here and quote the relevant parts. The session contains other interesting topics too, btw. Note that it is a spoken word protocol, a literal transcript of a person under regressive hypnosis usually channelling their subconscious and/or Higher Self/Selves, not written text (essay, article) by an author, that's why it's so erratic and ungrammatical sometimes.

http://www.transients.info/2015/05/lorna-on-ascension-source-love-and-more.html

(...) Self-love ...IS the connection with the Divine Source it is not the dis-connection.. anything that is dis-connected from the Divine Source is not self-love and that is why every .. humans ....underpinning of whatever their story life is .. is about Self-love ....

(...) our ongoing perception of a dis-connection is what keeps us apart from .... knowing and experiencing our own Self-love and when you experience Self-love you are happy within your body because your body you recognize your body.. its capacity for holding and experiencing.. its love ...and through loving ourselves or our body we are then connected to the Divine and this is what is understood by the lower vibrational frequencies why they create all this “You need to do ... this” to love your body.. This is what all that advertising and all that false perception is creating on.. all the ways to separate one from Self-love... And so this is what the so-called dark or low vibrations do.. (...)

dontco
6th June 2015, 01:00 PM
By coincidence, I yesterday read again a bit the articles on the transients site where interesting regression sessions (with the QHTT method by Dolores Cannon) are sometimes posted.

The topic of Self-Love came up that's why I link it here and quote the relevant parts. The session contains other interesting topics too, btw. Note that it is a spoken word protocol, a literal transcript of a person under regressive hypnosis usually channelling their subconscious and/or Higher Self/Selves, not written text (essay, article) by an author, that's why it's so erratic and ungrammatical sometimes.

http://www.transients.info/2015/05/lorna-on-ascension-source-love-and-more.html

Thank you so much! This is very interesting, I bookmarked the link :redface: Some thoughts came to mind after reading this. I think that it is possible that people who are on their way to becoming a godhead and are getting closer to it- should feel love more and more. Maybe it's really what we wanted when we got here? Maybe as we will develop we will feel it more often?
Also- Helene Hadsell, a women who has never lost a single contest she has entered. (wrote "The Name It and Claim It Game")- I remember she once wrote that in order to manifest- we have to... love. That is one of the ingredients.

This is her quote:
Collect (get what you manifested) "it is the fun part and makes it all worthwhile. And the most important is to begin to love completely. LOVE everything unconditionally: the clouds, wind, stones, trees, animals, insects and all the people you come into contact with. (This is sometimes the most difficult task.) You must love and respect everything. This is not physical love, but rather a universal feeling; a common bond and harmony with all. My Indian friend taught me that even the stones have a consciousness of their own. God’s consciousness is in everything, and we must love all of it!"
-Helene Hadsell

dontco
8th June 2015, 05:06 PM
This is a cute self love project (http://radical-self-love-project.tumblr.com/) if you want to cheer yourself up.
Also... Please take one! I love this sort of thing:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn133/flairtoremember/FlairToRememberAffirmationPoster.jpg

newfreedom
9th June 2015, 03:24 AM
Thanks for making this thread xxx

i would like to add this utube link here to the 'Luv yourself Thread'

Guns v's Fairies ~ Outnumbered Series 1. Episode 1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU0vxNXJzas)

newfreedom
9th June 2015, 03:43 AM
i'd also like to share this one...

James Blunt Parody - she was Beautiful i swear ! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0UT2MpdWnc)

:-)x

dontco
9th June 2015, 04:47 PM
You're welcome, newfreedom! and thanks for the videos :love: The second one was really funny :-)

dontco
9th June 2015, 05:16 PM
Another great TEDx talk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3fIZuW9P_M
I think she has really inspiring advice, I really like it. Commit to yourself fully. There's no person who can make you whole since you already are. This really can be a life changer. I think that's really beautiful that the speaker who comes from such a broken childhood is in a good place right now and she loves herself. If she can- so can all.
Advice summary- "The thing about marrying yourself... you are going to do this till death do you apart". You're gonna love yourself right where you are. You're going to love yourself for better or for worse. You forgive yourself for your mistaks. Life gives you people and situations that help you to develop what you ask for. If you don't get it the first time- life will give it to you again. I learned how to hold my own hand and comfort myself- that I am a person I can count on. Felt like half a person and went into relationships to solve that feeling. The truth is I would never feel whole until I learn to love myself. I don't have to hear "I love you" since I already heard it from myself.

newfreedom
10th June 2015, 12:31 AM
This is a character dear to my Heart :heart:

Dangerous Brian (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_V6bJvMknk&list=PLF2lDLNga1xrJLFXTDWFcq_0mXlt0-W2i&index=77)

:mrgreen::mrgreen::heart:

newfreedom
10th June 2015, 02:19 PM
Professor Yaffel ~ Bagpuss (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDa3j_53FUo)

newfreedom
11th June 2015, 11:35 PM
Three ~When stuff sucks # makeitalright (puppet advert) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6jl5RoyMek)

i have seen it a few times on the T.V. the last 24 hrs - Great Advert xxx

newfreedom
13th June 2015, 07:06 PM
Timeless Time - One foot in the Grave (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMLXp-yTmH4)

The highlight for me is situated just after 17.30 mins.

Sinera
14th June 2015, 09:06 PM
hey newfreedom, could you explain how each of your videos relate to the thread topic? just wondering.

newfreedom
15th June 2015, 03:17 AM
Hi Sinera, good question, sure could , when i am watching these video's i am 'loving myself'

i am in my most appreciative place, i am happy, carefree, having fun, enjoying humour, loving life, feeling safe & in 'comfort'

So i decided to 'Love myself' like the thread said, and watch & share these 'self loves'

This has been an enormously helpful thread for me, it is helping to keep me aware, balanced, inspired & in awe :P:P:P

xxx

dontco
16th June 2015, 01:24 PM
Hi Sinera, good question, sure could , when i am watching these video's i am 'loving myself'

i am in my most appreciative place, i am happy, carefree, having fun, enjoying humour, loving life, feeling safe & in 'comfort'

So i decided to 'Love myself' like the thread said, and watch & share these 'self loves'

This has been an enormously helpful thread for me, it is helping to keep me aware, balanced, inspired & in awe :P:P:P

xxx

I'm so happy this thread was helpful for you, dear!!! :grouphug: You deserve it all.

dontco
20th June 2015, 10:50 PM
"Dignity
/ˈdignitē/ noun

1. The moment you realize that the person you cared for has nothing intellectually or spiritually to offer you, but a headache.

2. The moment you realize God had greater plans for you that don’t involve crying at night or sad Pinterest quotes.

3. The moment you stop comparing yourself to others because it undermines your worth, education and your parent’s wisdom.

4. The moment you live your dreams, not because of what it will prove or get you, but because that is all you want to do. People’s opinions don’t matter.

5. The moment you realize that no one is your enemy, except yourself.

6. The moment you realize that you can have everything you want in life. However, it takes timing, the right heart, the right actions, the right passion and a willingness to risk it all. If it is not yours, it is because you really didn’t want it, need it or God prevented it.

7. The moment you realize the ghost of your ancestors stood between you and the person you loved. They really don't want you mucking up the family line with someone that acts anything less than honorable.

8. The moment you realize that happiness was never about getting a person. They are only a helpmate towards achieving your life mission.

9. The moment you believe that love is not about losing or winning. It is just a few moments in time, followed by an eternity of situations to grow from.

10. The moment you realize that you were always the right person. Only ignorant people walk away from greatness."

-Shannon L Alder

dontco
21st June 2015, 04:25 PM
“You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you yourself don't know it, all of that doesn't even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It's not like you have forever, so don't waste any of your seconds, don't throw even one of your moments away.”
-C. JoyBell C.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a6e91ade89e8b89ee511b4e8dc68eebb/tumblr_mw6dcqO1Rg1s24al1o1_500.jpg

dontco
24th June 2015, 10:46 PM
“Tell everyone you know: “My happiness depends on me, so you’re off the hook.” And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they’re doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel-and then, you’ll love them all. Because the only reason you don’t love them, is because you’re using them as your excuse to not feel good.”

– Esther Hicks, is a best-selling author and motivational speaker.

dontco
29th June 2015, 05:05 PM
A (helpful) prayer of forgiveness:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/94/bc/7d/94bc7d68c32c8998100e725f455c18cf.jpg

dontco
29th June 2015, 07:53 PM
“In yourself right now is all the place you've got.”
― Flannery O'Connor

“The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.”
― Michel de Montaigne

“I am a feminist, and what that means to me is much the same as the meaning of the fact that I am Black; it means that I must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very life depends upon self-love and self-respect.”
― June Jordan

newfreedom
27th July 2015, 10:51 AM
My Family (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEwZ37DWWiI) Season 1, episode 1 .... Serpent's tooth by Criminal :-) x

Watching this again at the moment, it was one of 'our family's' favourites when it was showed on T.V.

( a synchronicity - i go to the Dentist this Fri. for a repeat checkup.... so that then i can hopefully begin getting my teeth sorted once again... i managed one filling approx. 2 yrs ago, but since it was only a white one, it fell out just after my week in hospital, the week before Xmas last year 2014)

Loving myself, by 'loving' / enjoying watching this vid. today & also being 'loved' simultaneouly by a tiny beetle crawling on my right forearm, as i write this sentence ... xxxx

10/12/15 New Video Added : My Family (what's left) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWdvVmseLkw&list=PLD53E28ED8DDA3AE7)

(original link no longer works & couldn't find a replacement for it :|... )

newfreedom
27th July 2015, 11:10 PM
Spit the DOG (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKjPosgpxlw)

- a favourite from my childhood :lol2:

newfreedom
29th July 2015, 10:45 AM
Love myself self, by attempting BALANCE' wheren in mine eyes there is not... / non...

i heard a tune on t.v.... it helped me inmensely, i went to look what the t.v was showing it was a T.v avert of Mc DONALDS ! ... ok...

i needed THAT Music,... it had just helped to 'block' situations/ innner house/ home nonsense... stuck trappings behaviours with family here .. i needed to know the song so i can play in on repeat, till i need the tune 'no mor' ...

So can't / cannot find what i want ... found this in stead this ioll do as a subsitute for now... these minions chararcters have come up as healing pharaphinalia for me the last yr or 2... here is the 'HELPFUL to my HEALING' commercial advert... Here it comes... be ready ... (& DANCE !!!) to the 'tune' ... thought there is non .. yet !

Minions with Mc Donalds.... 'pleasehelp' :heart: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjKQ71g5T3Q)

ThankU

newfreedom
12th August 2015, 10:17 AM
Loving myself by watching - Lou & Andy ~ Little Britain (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKNdoRWgLoI)

Little Britain are another favourite comedy series of mine, i am re-connecting now with the 'Lou & Andy' characters, which i do adore - just Brilliant :mrgreen: xX

newfreedom
14th August 2015, 03:02 PM
Love this Ad ...... having fun !

Walkers create the 'World's largest inflatable crisp bag' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzhS0vWLko)

dontco
16th October 2015, 02:50 PM
Love myself self, by attempting BALANCE' wheren in mine eyes there is not... / non...

i heard a tune on t.v.... it helped me inmensely, i went to look what the t.v was showing it was a T.v avert of Mc DONALDS ! ... ok...

i needed THAT Music,... it had just helped to 'block' situations/ innner house/ home nonsense... stuck trappings behaviours with family here .. i needed to know the song so i can play in on repeat, till i need the tune 'no mor' ...

So can't / cannot find what i want ... found this in stead this ioll do as a subsitute for now... these minions chararcters have come up as healing pharaphinalia for me the last yr or 2... here is the 'HELPFUL to my HEALING' commercial advert... Here it comes... be ready ... (& DANCE !!!) to the 'tune' ... thought there is non .. yet !

Minions with Mc Donalds.... 'pleasehelp' :heart: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjKQ71g5T3Q)

ThankU

newfreedom, thanks for posting!!! :love: I'm really happy that you're posting here and I hope this thread helps you feel good about yourself, you deserve it!!! :heart:

dontco
16th October 2015, 03:29 PM
I usually post quotes and texts around here that are I love but did not come from my own heart, but from other, great authors, so this time I want to make this post my own.
What is self love? self love is different for each person, because the way you get to it is different for everyone but the feeling is one and the same.
For me, dontco for you...
Self love is accepting yourself unconditionally, no matter if someone else is not accepting you as you.
Self love is letting go of perfection- and understanding you are great just the way you are.
Self love is noticing your own good qualities and appreciating them.
Self love is understanding everybody makes mistakes, yourself included, and that's just fine.
Self love is understanding you are not a barbie doll and you don't have to look at the mirror and see plastic to look beautiful. You don't have to look like you were airbrushed while you are walking down the street. Standarts of beauty around the world change all the time, but you are the one who will stay with a bad feeling in your heart if you feel like the universally accepted beautiful is the only kind of beautiful there is. Perfection is not needed anymore, and you have let it go.
Self love is not needing anyone's approval to be happy. When you're not depending on other people's words and actions to be just want you want, just when you want them so you would be happy and love yourself. You decide for yourself!
Self love is respecting yourself enough to say enough to negativity. It's avoiding watching sad stories on the news because you know it will affect you badly for the rest of the day. It's listening only to songs you know make you feel good. It is saying NO to negative thoughts and pushing them away when you sense they're on the way, so you could be happy.
Self love is doing things that are intersting to you and that make you happy no matter what anyone else thinks of them.
Self love is being comfortable in your own skin, even if your skin is not perfect by the society's standarts.
Self love is caring and loving yourself no matter if you're single or in a relationship, and loving where you are no matter what anyone else's point of view is on the situation.
Self love is having a loving relationship with YOURSELF and undestanding that's the most important relationship you will ever have for your entire life.
Self love is stepping away from obsessions because you know it is best for YOU and you care enough for yourself to do so.
Self love is something you owe to yourself.

newfreedom
8th December 2015, 06:39 PM
newfreedom, thanks for posting!!! :love: I'm really happy that you're posting here and I hope this thread helps you feel good about yourself, you deserve it!!! :heart:

Thanks Dontco, :heart:... your thread & the posts i made really helped me through my last phase of processing & again today i find myself back here to 're-visit' those posts i made.

i have been listening to music as my support for processing the last 2 days, but now i am being nudged to move on to sounds, voices, words which i can find here amongst my last posts.

So Thankyou ..... I am Happy :grouphug:

newfreedom
10th December 2015, 08:16 PM
My daughter just shared this with me, thought it was lovely & deserved a 'spot' here :heart:

Orangutan finds magic trick hilarious (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLrYzY3jVPY)

newfreedom
16th December 2015, 07:02 AM
Knowing Me Knowing You (Part 15) with Alan Partridge (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTlDaiaXAs&list=PL9E4FCE2E7E55A450)
This is one of my most favourite clips.

My son introduced me to Alan Partaridge several years back now, over the last 9 yrs of 'on / off' processing i have used the Alan Partridge series to 'hold a space' many, many times.

It has been a 'God-Send :heart:'

I have just recently had access to the newer series: 'Alan Partridge Mid Morning Matters' & am engaging & learning with these :-)

I do love the 'Alan Partridge character' ...:love:...

Thanks Dontco :toast:

newfreedom
7th January 2016, 05:10 PM
Loving myself by watching / healing & learning with - BLACKADDER S.1; E.1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTZxTfrwge0&list=PLS8UswvQNy5GddNvquN6VTSkT6TtRj2e5)

At approx. 12 mins. in (the video) .......'the black vegetable' 8)

dontco
23rd February 2016, 07:22 PM
(newfreedom, I love it when you post, thanks! and I love it when you love yourself, I swear you deserve it)

"Be comfortable in your own skin
And become your own best friend.
Open yourself to new friends, experiences,
activities and points of view.
Develop positive self-talk.
Yield not to the image-makers and yearn for
The stars but remember that peace begins
Within.

Acknowledge and work with your body the
way it is, not the way image-makers say it
should be.

Challenge and compare social and cultural mores.
Cuddle and cherish the child within.
Encourage self-respect, respect for others and
the environment.

Push past fears to permit yourself the freedom
to let down your pretenses.
Think of your whole body as a temple, not as a
collection of fragmented fantasy body parts!
Abandon the mask that you wear and appreciate
yourself for who you are, not for how you are
packaged.

Nurture your naked self as you would your own child.
Celebrate your medals of honor from scars to love handles.
Explore your sensuality and connectness with others."

By Judy Williams

dontco
29th February 2016, 09:25 PM
I love myself... When I know myself (and don't lose myself in a situation- I wonder if that's a problem for most empaths or is it just me)! so when I found these questions I thought they might be helpful for others, too: (I added some sentences and deleted others, to make it more positive)

Below are some incomplete sentences that, if you finish them spontaneously and frankly, will put you in touch with basic aspects of your Self. You can st down one or more completions for each sentence.
I am…
The main thing about me is…
I always…
I feel most like me when…
I will be…
I am the most grateful when…
I feel happiest when…
I believe in…
One thing I want to accomplish is…
What I like most about myself is…
I love it when…
I feel least like me when…
I feel strongest when…
I feel most grateful when...
I just love it when...
The top 5 best things that happened to me today (/yesterday) are...
The feel best about myself when...
I just love it when I...
2 things I did well this week are...
The thing I love most about my body is...
5 great things about me are...

Give it a shot! It should feel really good in the end :-)

dontco
18th April 2016, 07:05 PM
The blog post that made my day (http://www.purposefairy.com/80850/looking-for-love-and-approval-in-all-the-wrong-places/). I like her writing, because it comes from the heart, and you can feel it's real. Read with hearts wide open.
Quotes :heart::

As years went by, and as I started to become more conscious of my unconsciousness, I began to realize that all of my life I have been waiting for people to love and approve of who I was, and of what I was doing, just so that I could start loving myself as well. I needed the world to confirm to me that I was worthy before believing that that was true.
I guess this can happen in a world where most of us look outside ourselves for all the things we think are missing from within ourselves – love and approval being few of them.
(...)profound and meaningful experiences that made me realize, once again, how much pain we inflict on ourselves in those moments when we by perceive ourselves as not being worthy of love and approval. And how unhealthy it is to think of ourselves as being undeserving of all the good things life has to offer us.
If we live our lives from a place of fear, lack and insecurity, thinking that we need to prove our worth to those around us for as long as we live, through everything we do and all that we are, we will continue to inflict a lot of pain and suffering onto ourselves and those we love.
There is nothing about you lacking. Nothing about you that needs to be improved and approved by those around you. And even though we live in a world that encourages you to do and to buy all kind of things that will add more “value” to who you already are, it’s so important not to fall into the trap of looking outside yourself for all the things that can only be found within yourself. It’s so important not to fall into the trap of thinking that there is something seriously wrong with you and that you need to get love and approval from those around you in order for you to feel better about yourself. You really don`t need to add anything to your life, or get any more love and approval from those around you, in order for you to feel this way.
So why look outside yourself for something that is already within you? Why beg for love from those around you when there’s an abundance of love within you, when within you lies all the love, appreciation, approval and affection you need and desire?
And know that no matter where you’ve been, no matter how many battles you had to fight, and no matter how much darkness you had to face, you are not flawed. You are not broken.
“Seeing into darkness is clarity. Knowing how to yield is strength. Use your own light and return to the source of light. This is called practicing eternity.” ~ Lao Tzu
It is time to start looking for love and approval in all the wrong places. It is time to look within. Don’t look outside yourself for all those things you think are missing from your life. Look within.

Article: How to no longer take things personally (http://www.purposefairy.com/75453/how-to-no-longer-take-things-personally/):
Always do the things you feel in your heart that you are meant to do, and don’t give too much thought about what others might have to say about you. Never make other people’s opinions of you more important than your own opinion of yourself. Keep in mind that your job here on this Earth is to be true to yourself.
Don’t take it personally. Don’t make their pain your pain. Don’t make their darkness your darkness. Help them if you can, by giving them your love, compassion and understanding, and by helping them understand that love is their true nature, while fear is nothing but an illusion. And if that’s something you can’t do, make sure you don’t feed their pain by reacting in unkind and unloving way, and by confusing the behavior with the person, for that would only create more suffering into their lives, and into your own life.
Never allow the pain that might be created to make you hate. Never allow resentment to pour through your system, continuing to poison your heart long after you have been “bitten by the snake.”
Even though most of us believe that forgiveness is an act of weakness, the truth of the matter is that forgiveness is an act of strength not of weakness. You don’t forgive because you are weak but because you are strong enough to realize that only by giving up on resentment you will be happy…. And the bigger person always forgives. Not necessarily because they think that the other person deserves it, but because they know that they themselves do.

Edit:
A related quotes:
“Don’t take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.” ~ Don Miguel Ruiz

“But it is not what I am saying that is hurting you; it is that you have wounds that I touch by what I have said. You are hurting yourself. There is no way I can take this personally.” ~ Don Miguel Ruiz

“Care about people’s approval and you will be their prisoner.” ~Lao-tzu
Lao-tzu

dontco
3rd May 2016, 03:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQHv75ahYDQ
Ask yourself in every decision you make this year- what would someone who loves themselves do? everytime you make a decision, no matter how small or large.

PS- wanted to mention that talking about self love is really about being very authentic and open. And fragile and vulnerable. Because it's not really something you would talk about with a stranger you meet on the street for example. Heck, I won't even speak about it with my friends. It breaks social norms. And that's a sad thing, because we live in a world where talking about self love is a much needed process. We get bombarded with commercials, magazines, perfectly photoshopped models who don't even look like themself. People trying to sell you the "dream" even though the dream doesn't exsist. It's their dream, not yours. Looking like a photoshoped doll won't bring you happiness or self love. Buying a certain (expensive) shampoo will not buy you your self esteem. Think about it this way- someone is trying to make you feel bad or small in order for you to put some money in their pocket. They're getting rich in the expense of your self esteem. Getting that second pair of shoes or a prada purse will not make you the happiest person in the world. Material stuff... You don't take them to the grave. I tend to say this one alot.

dontco
18th May 2016, 07:51 PM
HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF by Louise Hay

We are all good at giving to others and expending our love to everyone around us. What about you? Do you take time out of your day for you? Which of the below listingspeaks to you most? I invite you to take a few minutes to reflect and find a way topractice Self Love each day.

1. STOP ALL CRITICISM
• Criticism never changes a thing. Refuse to criticize yourself. Acceptyourself exactly as you are. Everybody changes. When you criticize yourself, your changes are negative. When you approve of yourself, your changes are positive.
2. FORGIVE YOURSELF
• Let the past go. You did the best you could at the time with the understanding, awareness, and knowledge that you had. Now you are growing and changing, and you will live life differently.
3. DONʼT SCARE YOURSELF
• Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts. Itʼs a dreadful way to live.Find a mental image that gives you pleasure, and immediately switch your scary thought to a pleasure thought.
4. BE GENTLE AND KIND AND PATIENT
• Be gentle with yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself as you learn the new ways of thinking. Treat yourself as you would someone you really love.
5. BE KIND TO YOUR MIND
• Self-hatred is hating your own thoughts. Donʼt hate yourself for having thethoughts. Gently change your thoughts.
6. PRAISE YOURSELF
• Criticism breaks down the inner spirit. Praise builds it up. Praise yourself as much as you can. Tell yourself how well you are doing with every littlething.
7. SUPPORT YOURSELF
• Find ways to support yourself. Reach out to friends and allow them tohelp you. It is being strong to ask for help when you need it.
8. BE LOVING TO YOUR NEGATIVES
• Acknowledge that you created them to fulfill a need. Now you are finding new, positive ways to fulfill those needs. So lovingly release the old negative patterns.

Taken from here (http://www.spiritexpres-sing.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/SE-PDF-Self-Love.pdf).

But don't worry, love. There is also a video! (as you would expect from me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkDhpjCk1g&feature=share

newfreedom
13th June 2016, 03:18 AM
Gimmee, Gimmee, Gimmee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkJm0PybmL4

newfreedom
13th June 2016, 03:25 AM
HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF by Louise Hay

Which of the below listingspeaks to you most?

3. DONʼT SCARE YOURSELF
• Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts. Itʼs a dreadful way to live.Find a mental image that gives you pleasure, and immediately switch your scary thought to a pleasure thought.

Great Self- Help post :heart:...

:grouphug:

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=1213&stc=1

newfreedom
13th June 2016, 07:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJdZI7fNrTE

newfreedom
14th June 2016, 06:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrJhlVODG3w

newfreedom
13th November 2016, 01:49 PM
mr Bean ~ Haleujah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDZyuSDUh2U

ButterflyWoman
13th November 2016, 02:03 PM
This is my favourite Mr Bean sketch of all time. Thanks for posting it and reminding me. :)

Timothy
13th November 2016, 02:32 PM
Roflmao ... perfect! ;);) I recently re-watched an older comedy movie called Rat Race with Mr. Bean...he steals the whole movie.

newfreedom
15th November 2016, 01:41 PM
Alan's Obsesed Fan - Alan Partridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iFrVmCZzWM

Epic ! :P

newfreedom
15th November 2016, 01:43 PM
This is my favourite Mr Bean sketch of all time. Thanks for posting it and reminding me. :)

Mr. Bean was soo Fun xX.

Memories of myself & the kids when they were young 'laughing' - Gud-Times :D

newfreedom
15th November 2016, 01:45 PM
Roflmao ... perfect! ;);) I recently re-watched an older comedy movie called Rat Race with Mr. Bean...he steals the whole movie.

On my 'TO-DO memory' list - check out Mr.Bean -'rat race' ......:thumbsup: xX

newfreedom
16th November 2016, 07:55 PM
Meet the Fockers ~ Ass Whole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcPoUPTpcps

Timothy
16th November 2016, 09:33 PM
Exactly! ;)

newfreedom
17th November 2016, 02:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vomVOErn4Q

8) :love::angelic:

ButterflyWoman
17th November 2016, 10:06 AM
“Our neurosis and our wisdom are made out of the same material. If you throw out your neurosis, you also throw out your wisdom.”

https://www.brainpickings.org/2015/01/19/pema-chodron-the-wisdom-of-no-escape/

Timothy
17th November 2016, 04:08 PM
“Our neurosis and our wisdom are made out of the same material. If you throw out your neurosis, you also throw out your wisdom.”

https://www.brainpickings.org/2015/01/19/pema-chodron-the-wisdom-of-no-escape/

The "no exit" situation. Kinda places a deeper look see pon, "the last enemy is death".

OM http://youtu.be/XRTpFSQ-b3U

But why? M. Williamson, "it is not Death we fear most. What we fear most is Living". Paraphrase

The answer lies asleep within the question. To awaken..."I am my own worst enemy".

OM http://youtu.be/n4e9hcqVVfY

John says, "we'd be liars if we said we do not yet sin".

"Let sleeping dogs lie" vs "what may come"/"come as you are".

Perhaps the only true tenet is, "renounce all power (et)and be honest before heaven and god". Attributed to Jesus ... (collectively) Essene rooted

To be free is to be free of. Of What?

To know thine own true self, therefore of ... freed in. FreedOM

OM http://youtu.be/QHJAVFyl5SI

In The Image...

Where is an "of", That "in and of" yet stands? ThUSly, IS under-standing, to stand under. HonestY

"I am a fvkUP from the word GO". Stop going...I (et)and my Self CoMe...in the name of...

(Who)HU... (et)and "it" All started with a simple "Hi". Beginning

newfreedom
17th December 2016, 07:52 PM
Close 'Brown Bear' Encounter :heart::love::heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZREdbw_Mu_4

:love::grouphug::love:

Timothy
17th December 2016, 07:57 PM
newfreedom,

Absolutely lovely close encounter video. Thank you.

newfreedom
17th December 2016, 08:04 PM
newfreedom,

Absolutely lovely close encounter video. Thank you.

:heart:

newfreedom
19th December 2016, 01:20 AM
Dr Dolittle (Trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0zVwz2jIf8

:lol2: ~ :heart: .......:grouphug: x

newfreedom
19th December 2016, 12:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oQ_tbf6j2A

newfreedom
19th December 2016, 06:23 PM

:grouphug: :heart::mrgreen::heart: :loveyou:

newfreedom
20th December 2016, 01:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLWprJUeyr0

:heart: :mrgreen: :idea:
x~~~~!!!!!!~~~X

newfreedom
20th December 2016, 01:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFBbFcixRY

newfreedom
20th December 2016, 01:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=innccA7wrdU

:grouphug:.........:heart::heart::heart: ..

newfreedom
20th December 2016, 01:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM

newfreedom
21st December 2016, 08:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr6lr_VRsEo

newfreedom
24th December 2016, 07:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdyn3XC77CI

newfreedom
25th December 2016, 12:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn-Lg0k137w

ShaHum.wp. makes sense

newfreedom
25th December 2016, 12:04 AM
Alan Partridge fires his staff

sim,say: Good luc with that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiMFvx43vpw

newfreedom
2nd January 2017, 11:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JSahEDRjvw

newfreedom
4th January 2017, 04:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veDKU77GsAk

dontco
25th January 2017, 08:18 PM
Ohh I loved it- "May your drive on earth become more enjoyable :thumbsup: lovely stars...

I wanted to spread a little bit of light right here...
So how about some quotes? :heart:
"Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror". ~Byron Katie
"When a thought hurts, that's the signal that it isn't true". ~Byron Katie
"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance". ~Oscar Wilde
"Let love for yourself set you free of them"
"The more I love myself, the more beautiful I become..."
"Always speak and think kindly about yourself, because your Soul needs your love and approval." ~Abraham-Hicks (?)
"Baby, love yourself like you're not waiting for someone else to do it"

Hey, you! yes, you... you are so worth loving... Be proud of yourself! start a revolution... start loving yourself :love:

newfreedom
5th July 2017, 08:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQHv75ahYDQ
Ask yourself in every decision you make this year- what would someone who loves themselves do? everytime you make a decision, no matter how small or large.

PS- wanted to mention that talking about self love is really about being very authentic and open. And fragile and vulnerable. Because it's not really something you would talk about with a stranger you meet on the street for example. Heck, I won't even speak about it with my friends. It breaks social norms. And that's a sad thing, because we live in a world where talking about self love is a much needed process. We get bombarded with commercials, magazines, perfectly photoshopped models who don't even look like themself. People trying to sell you the "dream" even though the dream doesn't exsist. It's their dream, not yours. Looking like a photoshoped doll won't bring you happiness or self love. Buying a certain (expensive) shampoo will not buy you your self esteem. Think about it this way- someone is trying to make you feel bad or small in order for you to put some money in their pocket. They're getting rich in the expense of your self esteem. Getting that second pair of shoes or a prada purse will not make you the happiest person in the world. Material stuff... You don't take them to the grave. I tend to say this one alot.

i like Teal's Earrings.... really nice :heart:

newfreedom
14th July 2017, 08:26 PM
Peter Kay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lgH2Nbtowc

lord.of.the.now
1st August 2017, 09:31 PM
whats up with all those random movies

newfreedom
19th August 2017, 04:54 AM
whats up with all those random movies

Yo, lord.of.the.now....

i answered a similar question on post 24 of this thread here (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?18145-The-Love-Yourself-Thread/page3)

Do you feel that these random movies are misplaced & 'spamming' Dontco's 'Love yourself thread' ?

Do you think i should ask to have the posts i have added removed to a different, more appropriate thread of their own ?

:-)