PDA

View Full Version : An Idea is bulletproof

Akashic_Librarian
31st July 2006, 01:30 PM
What is an idea? Is it something real, can you touch it? Can you feel it? Mold it? Bend it to your will? Can it be controlled or contained?

No.

The very power of an Idea is phenomenal. The lengths we go to to supress ideas, is also phenomenal.

I recently watched a movie, V for Vendetta and the symbology was so powerful it inspired within me a Celestial Fire, to use a Hermetic term. A passion and uncontrollable rage burned in my heart because I knew that what the movie said was true. I also knew that so many people would ignore what the Wachowski brothers, once again, bring to our attention.

The idea is freedom. Real freedom to persue what will ultimately bring us closer to that which we truly are. Not the false freedom given to us by misguided and dangerous governments. They make us believe they have our best interests at heart. But do they? Do they really have our best interests, or do they want our money and our co-operation?

I have spoken at length abort the atrocities our governments commit. I believe though that I was too nice. Do you know what real freedom is? No and neither do I. We can only guess, from the moment we became civillised our species has slowly and gradullay begun a preprogrammed self-destruct program spanning thousands of years. But I have also believe that every rule, every program, every law can be overcome, bent and broken. I have seen it with my own eyes, people awakening to the truth, seeing things as they really are.

People call us crazy, people call me crazy, well I guess you can have a badge saying “Slave” because those that hate me for wanting freedom are trapped so deeply in their own system that they would rather be controlled and “Safe” rather than free.

The idea of freedom is in the back of everyones mind, but in some it comes forward to the surface. It becomes a reality. A destiny. These are the crazies, the extremeists?

What I want is more people to take up the idea. Imagine if an entire nation, an Entire PLANET came together under one cause, under the banner of truth, what would happen? Would a war begin, against those with guns, and those without?

CFTraveler
31st July 2006, 03:47 PM
Akashic wrote:
Imagine if an entire nation, an Entire PLANET came together under one cause, under the banner of truth, what would happen? Well, if the entire planet came together under the same interpretation of truth, then there would be no problem. The problem is when one group tries to forcefully impose their idea of truth on another, but I don't think that is what you're really asking.

Would a war begin, against those with guns, and those without? Once again, if the whole planet agreed this is how they wanted to live, then there wouldn't be two opposing groups, with or without guns.

Edited for typo

sash
31st July 2006, 04:21 PM
I love this movie. If only we could all view the higher meaning behind movies such as The Matrix and V.
I used to get too tied up in thoughts until I saw V. and realized how much strength and power/truth can be attained through concepts and ideas, it is quite profound.
I recommend this movie, the way it is contrived to bring the main ideas across is something really unique altogether.

Akashic_Librarian
31st July 2006, 04:25 PM
CFTraveler I am understand what your saying and perhaps my words where slightly off my original meaning. I mean this: Imagine if the general public came together against the opressors in government and ruling hierarchies then what would happen.

Sash, I do think people need to understand the higher meaning of movies. Ideas and concepts truly are powerful. In the right minds thoughts become actions and actions become revolutions.

CFTraveler
31st July 2006, 04:43 PM
CFTraveler I am understand what your saying and perhaps my words where slightly off my original meaning. I mean this: Imagine if the general public came together against the opressors in government and ruling hierarchies then what would happen.

Sash, I do think people need to understand the higher meaning of movies. Ideas and concepts truly are powerful. In the right minds thoughts become actions and actions become revolutions. It may be the fluffy bunny talking, but I would hope that someday the ruling hierarchies realize our oneness and let go of the mental control-as for a worldwide revolution- I don't think that will ever happen, and I do feel that if it somehow did, it would end up a bloodbath- since the 'unenlightened' ones would be wielding the weapons. I do feel that we're all opinionated, even if driven by the same desire for peace or higher existence, and the opinions would cause discord, which is why I don't really think It's going to happen that way. Did that make sense? I'm tired and 'foggy' today.

Akashic_Librarian
31st July 2006, 04:50 PM
It did make sense yes. But I believe that it is has to go one way or the other. There can be no happy medium here. We must either bring truth to the forefront of society. Or dissapear never to be seen again

CFTraveler
31st July 2006, 05:11 PM
It did make sense yes. But I believe that it is has to go one way or the other. There can be no happy medium here. We must either bring truth to the forefront of society. Or dissapear never to be seen again It may mean the same thing.

Energy
31st July 2006, 05:32 PM
I bend the mind with my spoon

Akashic_Librarian
31st July 2006, 05:52 PM
Energy. WTF? Is that some cryptic message or are you just being random.

CFTraveler
31st July 2006, 07:01 PM
I bend the mind with my spoon My mind is bent enough, thank you. :?

Energy
31st July 2006, 07:19 PM

your attack cant pierce me 8)

you got backfire as being rude in forum. :lol:

CFTraveler
31st July 2006, 07:53 PM

your attack cant pierce me 8)

you got backfire as being rude in forum. :lol: I'm not sure if this is a personal attack or a joke, but if it's the first, please don't do it.
CF

TonyC
1st August 2006, 09:29 PM
I bend the mind with my spoon

I think he was refering to a quote in the Matrix where Neo is about to see the Oricale and he is talking to the kid monk that is bending the spoon with his mind and he tells neo its not the spoon that bends its rather you or your perception that is bending... am i right Energy?

Demek
2nd August 2006, 10:41 PM
you can touch ideas, at least i can
they have form (if u think about it, if you can experience idea it means u have something in common, that is - form)
V was the only movie i went to twice, although the Wachowski brother did terrible job with it (Natalie Portman, for example, and many slips that stung me), the idea was there

i think that the form can be indestructible only if it is sustained, and in my perception the God is the thing suistaining, thus His ideas, although commonly diverted, will at last prevail (and if u ride on them u have upper hand, at least one on one)

i do not believe in any freedom, aside choosing with your heart, and i call it freedom only because it is the first form i took, the rest are just layers, fixes and additions
however if i was created as a slave, being slave would be my freedom

the perception of freedom occurs when there are no intervening forces, internal or external, aka it's just going in one direction, totally

the other definitions IMO are just delusions and misconceptions

Akashic_Librarian
3rd August 2006, 09:09 AM
When I say freedom I am not talking about a perception of freedom. What I mean is true freedom, the freedom with which no man, women or child has ever experienced since the creation of existance. I am talking about the freedom that is felt only briefly, on the rarest of occasions. That freedom to do as you will. Where you says, "My will be done," and the universe, bows down to you. That is freedom, where you casn say what you will, to whomever you will with only ther kindestest intent and they return it in kind. That is freedom. When you can truly walk unafraid in any part of the world, because you know no harm or foul will come to you.

That is my freedom. Not a perception. A Reality.

sash
3rd August 2006, 09:28 AM
Perception of freedom hinders all hope for true freedom. Quite ironic.

Akashic_Librarian
3rd August 2006, 03:49 PM
Exactly

Demek
3rd August 2006, 04:15 PM
hope for freedom is result of attachment to fear (since HS doesn't have such feelings)
u just want to be the biggest, the baddest, the loveliest :mrgreen: note that u mentioned not being threatened, there can be also freedom in being pounded to death, look at martyrs
and, it is your will that limits your "freedom"
you are "free" right now, u just choose to follow a set of conditioning in order to cope with the world
and no one ever "made" you do things u didn't want to do, u just decided to do them because they were more important than your "freedom"
there is freedom from, and freedom to, and it basicly means u don't have internal struggle
ultimate freedom from would be void, ultimate freedom to would be God (although i believe u cannot be free from God, from your essence, so ultimate freedom from would be non-existance)

i find freedom in God, as my highest, deepest will
but, ultimately, i feel free because i don't fear that much
it's just an perception
i am also (almost :?) free to fear, and it feels wonderful :) although it is just one train of thoughts, and i am not free in other aspects

so i repeat, freedom is lack of internal struggle, only

and u speak about freedom from something, i would appreciate u being more specific next time

4th August 2006, 06:12 PM
Good post, Demek. I agree with everything you said. We have freedom through choice. Someone who is dying of a terrible disease may or may not be able to heal themselves. But, they always have the freedom to choose how to "be". They can kick and fight and scream and curse and blame the world for their illness. Or, they can choose to look at it as a choice they may have made a long time ago for the experience. They can choose to accept and learn the things it is teaching them, or to rage against it. It's all in how you look at it...your perspective.

negishail
4th August 2006, 07:42 PM
“An idea is bullet proof” we spiritualists should not be surprised by this, it is an immutable law.

Ideas => Thought-forms.

Ideas fueled with intense desire and conviction and repeated visualization take on a life on their own. You see the results of this everyday and every moment in life. All nations, corporates, organizations, religions, traditions are examples of “Bulletproof Ideas”. Life of an idea is not related to the entity, who thought of it first or started it, but to collective entities which subscribe to the beliefs behind the idea.

Hope this gives everybody some food for thought :D

Akashic_Librarian
4th August 2006, 08:48 PM
Here is how I see an idea. An idea is the prelude to an action. It is the thought that creats action and action create purpose. Without thought, without IDEAS, we would have no purpose.

Consider this, it was a thought that first set you off on your pathway through life, actually to be more specific it is the question, that drives us. The question can be anything, what does that tastle like? What would happen If I do [ x ] ? These are questions that have to be asked, it is a direct result of the way our brain works. It is why humans are on top of the evolutionary scale. Wer can think about our own thoughts. This is what gives our ideas so much strength.

But what is the true power of a thought? Where does it end. IMO it doesn't. If you dare to dream, to think thoughts of grandeur and be true to thoser thoughts I believe a thought can take you to the heavens and beyond, it can ascend you above all others. But it is hard to dream so big, so most people dream small. But anyway I digress.

It seems this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so I will simply add that a thought is omnipresent.

As above, so below, as within so without.

Demek
4th August 2006, 09:27 PM
hm, God drives us, i mean the primum mobile thing (i call it God :P)
idea is just a form the drive may create

negishail
not sure what u wanted to show us => the power of thoughtforms ? everything is a thoughtform, u mean the human thoughtforms then ?
well, they alter probability, if u do the miracle u alter probabilty of energies doing some complicating things and it happens (everything is possible, but some thing are unlikely :) )

it is my peception (actually i was told it through crown chakra) that we don't push the energy with our will or something, but change the probability of it moving here or there, with subconscious interpretation of our brain as pushing

i think curiosity can be evolutionally explained, it's just another program to keep things in check
without ideas, we would have our true purpose, which we cannot "recreate" for ourselves with earthly thinking (but it is not cosmic thinking :P), u have to remove ideas until u get to the truth :)