PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about trance

Saturn
7th June 2015, 04:25 AM
I'm asking this because I wan't to make sure I don't have any misconceptions. When you go into a trance is it the same thing as "zoning out" or daydreaming. Like if someone was talking to you but your mind is somewhere else and you don't hear anything they are saying.

Or is it the opposite where you are somehow more aware of the moment than you normally are?

Vega
7th June 2015, 06:06 PM
Hi Saturn,

As Robert writes in his book, Astral Dynamics, there are multiple levels of trance. The first stage, light trance, is that daydream place you're talking about that can also happen when you get absorbed in a good book or movie.

The other stages are a bit different and deeper. If you pick up his book, he has a chapter on how to achieve deeper levels of trance. Of course, practice is always key!

Saturn
7th June 2015, 06:26 PM
Yeah I guess I should buy AD, I mean I already have the more specific books haha.

also I've been working on quieting my mind and the main problem I'm dealing with right now is background music playing in my head. It's pretty faint but I can still hear it always playing, and I cant seem to stop it once it starts.

Vega
7th June 2015, 07:03 PM
I'll have that problem too, especially as I'm calming down into a light trance. I find that once I'm there, I can relax further into a deeper trance and focus on some energy work and the music will fade.

Sometimes your mind just needs something else to focus on. The music comes when you're not focusing on anything and your mind is resistant to quieting down. You can also try focusing on your breathing!

Ator27
7th September 2015, 01:33 PM
I hear music sometimes, but I more often hear voices. Like four or five words lifted out of a sentence. Never anything that makes sense as it's just sentence fragments, and usually in voices I don't recognize. Is this the same phenomena as the music?

ButterflyWoman
7th September 2015, 02:11 PM
I'm asking this because I wan't to make sure I don't have any misconceptions. When you go into a trance is it the same thing as "zoning out" or daydreaming. Like if someone was talking to you but your mind is somewhere else and you don't hear anything they are saying.
Not really. Trance is very inner-directed. It's possible to be in a trance and be entirely aware of all the sounds around you, but what you're describing is more just, as you say, zoning out, an "unfocussing", you could say.

Or is it the opposite where you are somehow more aware of the moment than you normally are?
Well, it CAN be. Or you can be so much "inside" yourself that you are unaware of anything but where your focus is.

Saturn
7th September 2015, 11:42 PM
Not really. Trance is very inner-directed. It's possible to be in a trance and be entirely aware of all the sounds around you, but what you're describing is more just, as you say, zoning out, an "unfocussing", you could say.

Well, it CAN be. Or you can be so much "inside" yourself that you are unaware of anything but where your focus is.

Thanks BW. It's interesting that you brought this up today as I've recently took a break from other astral projection stuff to focus on trance and relaxation/ meditation. I did this because it just seemed like I was weak in that area. I guess I'm just not really sure what's supposed to happen. Currently I've noticed that I am able to get to a point where I can see into what I think is the dream state while I'm still awake.

It's a pretty faint image but there's an image there. I think it's the dream state because I once saw some writing on paper and I couldn't make any sense of what I was reading. Which is what happens when I try to read something while dreaming. The words will keep changing and I cant seem to focus on anything I am reading.

CFTraveler
8th September 2015, 12:52 PM
Yep. There's trances and there's trances. The kind you describe (and that I'm prone to) is dissociative trance, and the trance you want is 'being present' while your body tactile senses check out. It's really hyperawareness what you're looking for.

Osiris
8th September 2015, 09:30 PM
'being present' while your body tactile senses check out. .

thats it. and also the longer it takes you to pull out of it the deeper you where in it. After a while your out of touch with your physical body altogether and can basically leave it at will. So much practice for me just to get that far just a couple times.

Saturn
10th September 2015, 04:32 AM
thats it. and also the longer it takes you to pull out of it the deeper you where in it. After a while your out of touch with your physical body altogether and can basically leave it at will. So much practice for me just to get that far just a couple times.

I don't think I've ever gone that deep without falling asleep or having my brain crash and reboot(fainting) lol

I'm not really certain if I can say I've made any progress in this area. Sometimes I think that whatever I can do is something I've always been able to do, but I'm just more aware of it now. If that makes sense...

I think the only time I felt aware of considerably more than myself is when I touched an exposed plug socket and for a split second I became one with the United States power grid lol.