PDA

View Full Version : The BEST of CHILDHOOD TIMES (FUN QUIZ)

newfreedom
15th June 2015, 03:05 AM
FUN QUIZ

DO YOU REMEMBER your?

(.... if the answer is 'YES' ... you can share as much or as little information as you want, same applies if the answer is 'NO')

Childhood sport
Childhood Hobbies
Childhood treats
Childhood favourite activities
Childhood house duties
Childhood pets
Childhood favourite school lessons
Collections
First item you bought using your own saved up money savings
Favourite toys

Your MOST favourite
Your least favourite

Why ?

what age were you?
do you still own this item ?
does a younger generation of your family now own this item ?
what happened to the item?

--------------------------------------------------
QUIZ

Newy~Freedomee's Answers

Childhood sport - swimming (8 yrs - 18yrs); gymnastics (till i was 10yrs); tap dancing (when i was 4yrs, went with big sis)
Childhood Hobbies - Bird watching (started at 10 yrs)
Childhood treats - ice skating
Childhood favourite activities - watching T.V.; playing on my Dragon 32 computer
Childhood house duties - keep our bedrooms tidy, clean out our 'personally owned' pets (guinea pig/s)
Childhood pets - dog, budgie, goldfish, guinea pigs
Childhood favourite school lessons - Maths; P.E.; Science
Collections - My dad collected stamps for both my big sister & myself (i still have the 3 albums & the lots of loose stamps ); badges; (still have some of them); keyrings; (still have some of these too) 'love is' cartoon pictures out of a weekly grown-ups magazine; metal pieces & coins found using my metal detector; shells from the beach; stones from the beach;
First item you bought using your own saved up money savings - a metal detector (costing around 75)
Favourite toys - A daisy doll, her horse Dabble, her bed & her wardrope ( still have the wardrope, the bed is in pieces now, the horse has no tail,little mane & one of his feet snapped off at the ankle, we must still have daisy too ? ... i will know soon when i check through my daughter's barbies dolls as i clear through & organise our belongings)

Sinera
16th June 2015, 09:50 AM
Childhood sport -
Hated it in school. I was the most unsportive child you can imagine. I wasn't obese or so, just not interested in physical activity and had no endurance or strength at all. I was rather weak and pale. At school sports, when teams were chosen to play against each other the sportive team'leaders' would choose me as one of the last of the boys back then cuz no one really wanted me on their team. A hurtful memory actually when I think of it now.

Childhood Hobbies -
Playing Lego or Play-Mobile, loved it. Lots of remaining in my own lively fantasies too. I could play very well (or even best) alone. We were near a forest, so when friends came we often out there to play and sometimes we built wooden huts all day, that was fun too. / I also built spaceships for my playmobil or lego figures out of cardboard boxes (together with my sister) / we also tape recorded a radio show on cassette / As a teen I started music then as a drummer (parents and neighbours were't too pleased...), later played in bands

Childhood treats -
ice cream probably, as a very young child I could not eat large chunks of meat or meat at all - I was afraid to get suffocated by them, very strange memory if I think of it today/ watching Star Trek on TV (called Spaceship Enterprise back then in my country at that time, 70ies) before taking the bath on Saturdays

- see hobbies

Childhood house duties -
none, except school homework of course, in the first years my mother taught me extra lessons (mostly in writing), so I was very good at school grades and tests in my early years

Childhood pets -
a dog and later a cat, loved them and played a lot with them, also a green budgie who'd sit on my finger and could talk a lot what my mother had taught it, sweet

Childhood favourite school lessons -
English (only after 5th grade), hated Math or Science ... and Sports, esp. all kinds of gymnastics, but despite being bad at it I loved playing ball games then (esp. soccer)

newfreedom
16th June 2015, 03:05 PM
Childhood sport- cricket with dad, football with school (age 9) my dad ran a football team later.
Childhood Hobbies- toys watching tv, playinig out on the street, swapping stickers in school, marbles!
Childhood treats-Ice cream sodas (Coke and ice cream) , piggy backs , staying up late.
Childhood favorite activities- swimming, football, walks in the country, Nintendo 64.
Childhood house duties- homework (sod it kids! :whatthe:) vacuuming, tidying room.
Childhood Pets- beloved cats, Boris and bramble, a real old couple they were.
Childhood favorate school lessons- PE, everything else, loved school.

had a teddy bear, brown bear, and its eye got shot out with a BB gun, my dads teddy got thrown out by his mum and he never forgave her, then he threw mine out, so dont know where that is now.
its the little things aint it?, and christmas was magic. i used to get a tangeringe with a quid cellotaped to it in my stocking, from my dad.

yea, Christmas was just the best, we always had my mum's parents stay over for a few nights, so nanna & pop presence always made it so special. hahaha... you did better than us, we always had a tangerine in our 'un-used' dad socks (stockings) but there was never anything cellotaped to them xxx

newfreedom
16th June 2015, 03:14 PM
Childhood sport -
Hated it in school. I was the most unsportive child you can imagine. I wasn't obese or so, just not interested in physical activity and had no endurance or strength at all. I was rather weak and pale. At school sports, when teams were chosen to play against each other the sportive team'leaders' would choose me as one of the last of the boys back then cuz no one really wanted me on their team. A hurtful memory actually when I think of it now.

Childhood Hobbies -
Playing Lego or Play-Mobile, loved it. Lots of remaining in my own lively fantasies too. I could play very well (or even best) alone. We were near a forest, so when friends came we often out there to play and sometimes we built wooden huts all day, that was fun too. / I also built spaceships for my playmobil or lego figures out of cardboard boxes (together with my sister) / we also tape recorded a radio show on cassette / As a teen I started music then as a drummer (parents and neighbours were't too pleased...), later played in bands

Childhood treats -
ice cream probably, as a very young child I could not eat large chunks of meat or meat at all - I was afraid to get suffocated by them, very strange memory if I think of it today/ watching Star Trek on TV (called Spaceship Enterprise back then in my country at that time, 70ies) before taking the bath on Saturdays

- see hobbies

Childhood house duties -
none, except school homework of course, in the first years my mother taught me extra lessons (mostly in writing), so I was very good at school grades and tests in my early years

Childhood pets -
a dog and later a cat, loved them and played a lot with them, also a green budgie who'd sit on my finger and could talk a lot what my mother had taught it, sweet

Childhood favourite school lessons -
English (only after 5th grade), hated Math or Science ... and Sports, esp. all kinds of gymnastics, but despite being bad at it I loved playing ball games then (esp. soccer)

hi Sinera,

what i find really interesting is you mention 'Play- mobile' , my son had a few of these. A few weeks back during 'paying attention' time i was watching visions behind closed eyelids & one of the visions was of my son's playmobile land-drover with it's missing wheel

At the time i thought 'how odd, what a strange vision to have' .... still strange, but now i have a connection for it ~ Cool !

Thank for sharing guys, i added a few more topics to the above lists

:P x