PDA

View Full Version : Just what is "Ching"?

DarkCloud
31st July 2006, 11:48 PM
I have heard numerous people on this site mention this type of energy, but no one has ever explained it. Can some one give me a good, in-depth answer to what it is? And no links please? I'd rather have this be short and sweet without having to click on another link entirely then having to SEARCH for the answer.

If you want to post the link afterwards, thats fine, just so long as you post the answer first.

Thank you.

1st August 2006, 12:11 AM
Do you mean "Chi"? It means "Universal Life Force". It's Chi in Chinese, Ki in Japanese, Prana in Indianese(Sanskrit-Added on edit) :D There are a number of other names for it. It's the energy fabric that holds the universe (and other dimensions) together and gives them life. Some believe it is the energy of "love", the ultimate energy force there is. Does that help?

DarkCloud
1st August 2006, 12:32 AM
:D Thank you, but that wasn't it. In a previous thread (which I believe was one I started) I asked about Kundalini and got the reply that it enables "Chi, Ching and Shen" to perform at their maximum levels...or something along those levels. Don't take that line seriously (well do but..) I just re-worded it since I can't remember it too good. It could possibly say something completely different. Anyway, my question still stands.

Edit: Hey! I found it! This is ONE of the post where I heard that phrase pop up? But just what is it?

Posted by Aunt Clair:

"I feel that it is the propitious use of kundalini that allows the magician to fully use ching , chi and shen . The kundalini further opens the tan tiens to allow these differentiated energies to become manifest and to develop in complexity and nature . It is like the cobra enters these sleepy chambers and causes them to become activated and to fully engage . I think the kundalini is the flame to each of these candles which have no light without it ."

orygbus
1st August 2006, 02:56 AM
I think the combo is Chi, Jing, Shen. Not chi, ching, shen. Although they do sound similar. It should be a lot easier to find stuff on Chi, Jing, Shen.....
Some sites say

"“Jing” (essence or matter) into Chi (energy) and then Chi into “Shen” (mind/consciousness/spirit)."

"Jing-Shen - spirit of vitality"

"Chi is the energy source, Jing is the power, and Chi Kung is the method of transformation."

"Chi is energy or vital substance, Shen is the spirit, and Jing is our essence"

"Jing is responsible for growth, development and reproduction. Jing represents a person's potential for development. (comparable to western concept of genetical inheritance). Chinese believed that everyone is born with a finite amount of Jing. As we go through life, we lose or consume our Jing little by little. Once we lose Jing, it cannot be replaced. It is gone for ever. We lose Jing if we live a wrong or careless living. But Jing can be preserved if we live in moderation."

Aunt Clair
1st August 2006, 04:35 PM
Although there are many spelling variants they are the same terms .Robert Bruce discusses these 3 energies and the stones they are stored in as energy storage centres in his book MAP authored with Mercer .

Alchemists call these storage areas Stones . A human is born with at least 3 stones open . These are also called tan tiens . These are energy storage centres .

Over the indigo and blue chakras is the Moon Stone or Female Tan Tien . It is clairvoyantly platinum blue and hermetically water . It is the place that Shen is stored as intuitive and psychic energy. This energy is used to develop all clairience . Above this stone is the female kanda .

Over the green and yellow chakras is the Sun Stone or Male Tan Tien . It is clairvoyantly yellow and hermetically fire . It is the storage centre for Chi or vital essence energy .

Over the orange and red chakras is the Earth Stone or Male Tan Tien . It is clairvoyantly salmon red and hermetically earth . It is the place that Ching is or sexual generative and creative energy is stored . This energy is used by the magician for tantra. It is also used for manifestation as documented by Mantak Chia Beneath this stone is the male kanda .

A kanda is a salad to dinner plate sized alchemical structure which steps up or steps down kundalini energy as it enters the human energy body .The term kanda is derived from Sanskrit and is the etiological root of our word candle .

I realise that you did not want links but I feel you might enjoy this one which I wrote today about energy centres ;
http://www.astralsociety.com/as/Forum/i ... #msg203429 (http://www.astralsociety.com/as/Forum/index.php?topic=18557.msg203429#msg203429)