PDA

View Full Version : Moved: Frustrated OBE guy

mleybick
22nd June 2015, 09:57 PM
Hi everyone, new here. I have been trying to astral project for about 3 or 4 months now with no success. I am doing all the right things(deep meditation, breathing, focus, and so on) There are times when I feel I'm getting close---but no cigar. Am I one of those people who can not project or do I just need to keep at it? I've read books by Williiam Buhlman and others.I think I'm on the right track but I can never reach the exit phase.
I'm very frustrated, but I will not give up!!!!!
Any ideas?
Thanks

CFTraveler
22nd June 2015, 10:33 PM
Hi Guy.
When you do your routine, around how long does it take for you to feel 'close'?

mleybick
24th June 2015, 02:56 PM
I don't always get close, but when I do, I sense that it could happen at any moment. I have never felt vibrations or ringing in my ears. I have, on rare occasions, been in sleep paralysis.
Unfortunately, this happened before I new about astral projection and it caused more fear than the positive excitement that I would feel now.
I guess, what I mean is, I just have a strong spiritual sense at some times that I am ready to have an OBE but it doesn't happen.

CFTraveler
24th June 2015, 06:19 PM
I'd still like to know how long it takes before you feel it might happen. Approximately.

Tenacity
26th June 2015, 06:56 AM
I would say start working on lucid dreaming instead. Like you I focused really hard for awhile on OBE but didint get anywhere with it. So i focused on lucid dreaming instead and have been for awhile now and have gotten very very good at it. And you can convert LD into OBE and apparently you can access the akashic records and see objective data such as future events in lucid dreaming also.
So if one door is closed to you then try another door. Start reading lucid dreaming books and dedicate yourself to it. I used to have a hard time feeling vibrations before i became proficent in lucid dreaming now i get them a fair bit when i meditate and i useally sepearte from my body as vibrations start and rip myself from my body which will land me on the floor of a lucid dream that then loads, which is called a WILD Wake Induced Lucid Dream.

Although I still have never been able to convert a lucid dream of mine into a OBE and still have never been able to have a OBE or access objective data *sigh* but hey thats just me. From what i read and what everyone else says its quite possible to do all these thigns, maybe im just broken lol. But either way lucid dreaming is still a great and amazing expereince that you change how you veiw reality, that and being able to fly around and have all the dream sex you want also makes the work you put into it worth while lol.

susan
26th June 2015, 07:50 AM
Hi Miebick ,personally I don't think 4-5 months is a failure just because you haven't succeeded yet.
Heard a talk on the radio yesterday morning by a woman who had achieved so much in her life. Her biggest success in her life she says was her one failure which was dancing. She took the exam and failed, her and her partner. She decided she could either give up or practice and practice and resist the exam. She passed and to her this is her greatest achievement.
Sermon over.
Yes consider tenacity's suggestion about lucid dreaming but there is no reason to give up trying to project. Once you've done it you'll never look back. This is a skill requiring time.

mleybick
30th June 2015, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the advice. I

Osiris
30th June 2015, 10:03 PM
yeah stick to it...tell yourself Im gonna do it NO matter how long it takes and REMEMBER everything , remembering is essensical because your probably already doing it, just forgetting everything. And stay up all night if you have to. Sleep with pillows behind your back, Subconsciously it will help drive you. Have you tried the, sleep with your arm up on its elbow trick? Its falling at the threshold of sleep will trigger your mind waking but not your body. Also dont Think about it, put in the time/practice, but dont dwell on why your doing it. Thinking too much/hard about it will blow it.