View Full Version : Astral pulse

susan
30th July 2015, 09:57 PM
Last three days of browsing astral pulse forum it's coming up as 'crashed'
Anyone in the know?

greytraveller
31st July 2015, 01:54 AM
Hello Susan
I just noticed this. They have had server problems in the past but I don't recall that site ever crashing before. Strange. I'll give it a few days to recover and then email or pm a few members there to find out what's going on.

Regards
Grey

susan
31st July 2015, 07:47 AM
Good to hear from you greytraveller. Thanks.

Sinera
31st July 2015, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I get

'Table './ap1_astralpforums/smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired'

for days now, too.

LPCF
1st August 2015, 09:27 PM
It is still showing as crashed. After the demise of the forum on "Our Ultimate Reality", I hope AP won't go the same way. Maybe you could try to contact Ryan, Grey?

Robert Bruce
2nd August 2015, 07:49 AM
The Astral Pulse is still down, and it may not return. Unknown reasons.

However, some months ago, I was offered to buy back my old domain.

We made a good offer but it did not work out.

However, www.astraldynamics.com and .au and .org are here forever.

Even if I was abducted by aliens, my wife and son's would take it over.

See two of my sons at www.wakingmad.com

Let the adventure continue...

peace, robert

lord.of.the.now
2nd August 2015, 10:12 PM
Q for robert bruce

what do you mean? ...

It's confusing me

ButterflyWoman
3rd August 2015, 08:42 AM
Q for robert bruce

what do you mean? ...

It's confusing me
I'm not Robert, but I think I can help out here.

He's just making a joke. He doesn't expect to be abducted by aliens, it was just a random and extreme thing that could, theoretically, cause a person to be unable to maintain a website. He could have also said "eaten by crocodiles" or "spontaneously combust" or "falsely imprisoned on ♥♥♥♥♥ed up charges" or "pecked to death by angry ducks" or any number of highly unlikely but theoretically maybe possible things. He just happened to choose "abducted by aliens" for his example.

Sinera
3rd August 2015, 10:18 AM
The admin with the nick "Xanth" has a forum of his own where I used to read and even post but only years ago - btw, I also stopped posting on the Astralpulse some months ago when I saw I reached 1.200 posts on there and thought it's a good number to let it be for good.
;)

For what it's worth, he says on Jul 29th that it's only 'temporarily' down and will be back up again after he contacts Adrian, the owner:

Hey all,
For anyone popping in here to see about what's going on with the Astral Pulse... I've notified Adrian (the owner of the Astral Pulse) about the issues with the website crashing out on a database table.
I'll keep you all updated on the progress. He hasn't got back to me yet, but he's a super busy guy.
Sorry for the inconveniences.

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/astral-pulse-temporarily-offline-t743.html
(http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/astral-pulse-temporarily-offline-t743.html)
Of course, if the owner (as Robert indicated) has decided to 'sell' it then he is not right about this obviously. He just didn't know any better at the time.

:shrug:

Sinera
3rd August 2015, 10:25 AM
Btw, I would think it to be very cool if Robert still could buy it now. :D

CFTraveler
4th August 2015, 07:44 PM
Your sons are cute. I'm just sayin'.

lord.of.the.now
6th August 2015, 09:24 PM
I'm not Robert, but I think I can help out here.

He's just making a joke. He doesn't expect to be abducted by aliens, it was just a random and extreme thing that could, theoretically, cause a person to be unable to maintain a website. He could have also said "eaten by crocodiles" or "spontaneously combust" or "falsely imprisoned on ♥♥♥♥♥ed up charges" or "pecked to death by angry ducks" or any number of highly unlikely but theoretically maybe possible things. He just happened to choose "abducted by aliens" for his example.

thankyou that's made things clear now

LPCF
12th August 2015, 09:46 PM
The site is still not working. Sadly, Adrian closed the "Our Ultimate reality" forum without any warning (not even the moderator was warned of the closure) and it looks like he is going to do the same with Astral Pulse. He is the site owner, so he can do as he wishes - but it is sad that people don't get warned first.

This forum, however, is rock solid - thanks to Robert and the dedicated admin and mod.

newfreedom
13th August 2015, 12:29 AM
Your sons are cute. I'm just sayin'.

i agree :-) xxx

Sinera
16th August 2015, 08:03 PM
it's back (ironically, this forum seems to be down now, takes ages to load a page and posting seems sometimes not possible at all, hope AP has not infected AD)

CFTraveler
17th August 2015, 04:52 PM
it's back (ironically, this forum seems to be down now, takes ages to load a page and posting seems sometimes not possible at all, hope AP has not infected AD) Since it's a new template, (or server) there will be issues. But so far it's been so good to me.

Sinera
17th August 2015, 05:07 PM
Since it's a new template, (or server) there will be issues. But so far it's been so good to me.

Yeah, seems fine now again and was most of the times. Just yesterday it had a kind of page-load virus it seemed.

I just wish the template colour could be changed from a light blue to the former dark blue which I love(d), this one hurts my eyes somehow... but maybe that's just me.