PDA

View Full Version : Archangels

susan
3rd September 2015, 04:46 PM
This may sound a bit of strange question but has anyone read anything at all about a time Archangels were mistaken for God? I picked this up this morning and neither Angels nor Archangels had been on my mind. It was just a strange thing to ' think'.I don't suppose anyone has but would appreciate input if you have any thoughts.

CFTraveler
3rd September 2015, 07:40 PM
I don't know if this means anything to you, but Michael literally means "Who is like God?" Your question reminded me of this.

Myst7799
4th September 2015, 04:23 AM
Hello Susan,

I find the question rather thought provoking. Considering the interesting conjuring King Solomon was proposed to have obtained by imploring to Angelic hosts, especially the 4 Archangels, to banish demons (perhaps djinn), achieve great wealth, and fly about on a carpet. This is a period in history I wish I could go back in time to see, if it truly occurred? The Key of Solomon and the Arabian Knights is a fascinating combination to read together with this question in mind. ��

Carl Jung has also inferred (I'd have to track this down been a good 10 years since reading ;)) to the power of archetypes: Angels, Grim Reaper, God, gods, raw symbolism etc being extraordinarily powerful and part of the underlying collective subconscious.

Perhaps in the ether there is group imploring the Archangels favor?

Dreamweaver
4th September 2015, 05:03 AM
Experience of angels brings a sense of Mysterium tremendum et fascinans -

That is:

...the “numinous” (the spiritual dimension), the utterly ineffable, the holy, and the overwhelming. The “holy” is manifested in a double form: as the mysterium tremendum(“mystery that repels”), in which the dreadful, fearful, and overwhelming aspect of the numinous appears, and as the mysterium..

Encyclopedia Britannica

Who wouldn't think of God?

susan
4th September 2015, 07:29 AM
Thank you CFT,Myst7799 and Dreamweaver. Very interesting.
I'm not well read on the bible but do realy appreciate your knowledge .I just have a hunch things may start getting a little more mysterious.
Woke up this morning seeing a dark graveyard with a couple of tombstones and a grand black ANKHA symbol.

susan
4th September 2015, 05:16 PM
Just to add Dreamweaver, I was aware that your quote was from the Encyclopedia and not the bible . Just wanted to note.

Dreamweaver
5th September 2015, 05:14 AM
Ethical writing demands citing ;)