PDA

View Full Version : When to give up.

susan
8th September 2015, 08:16 PM
Today saw one of my lovely elderly gentlemen. He's 92 years of age.
At the age of 83 he cracked open his skull and was in hospital for three months after falling into a harbour whilst drunk ( celebrating a wedding)and hitting his head on the side of a boat.

Anyway we hear that some people will just not open up to the possibility of spiritual awareness , and these people can turn the tables on you implying that it is All your imagination.
Advice being don't bother, their not ready.

This gentleman has just been awarded with a long service award for attending the FREE MASONS.Is now a chairman and has been attending meetings since 1976.
Point being a requirement of belonging to this sect requires a belief in a supreme being and immortality of the soul.
So today when talking to him he says he doesn't belief in a God of any type.
He doesn't believe in immortality. When your dead your dead! End of.

Decided to test him a bit and asked how he would explain ....
( I put an experience to him) .... He immediately replied...... LUCKY!
( I put another experience to him.. He took a couple of seconds and replied.......Very LUCKY!
( I put one more experience to him...He took longer to answer and started to laugh saying ...Your Very Very Lucky!
I ended suggesting we would gracefully agree to disagree.
I just think it such a shame when someone of this age has no belief but nothing anyone can say will change his mind.

CFTraveler
9th September 2015, 02:14 PM
I wonder if this happens to everyone... they say that you get more spiritual the older you get, but with me, it's not really the case. But I'm not his age yet.

IA56
9th September 2015, 02:22 PM
Today saw one of my lovely elderly gentlemen. He's 92 years of age.
At the age of 83 he cracked open his skull and was in hospital for three months after falling into a harbour whilst drunk ( celebrating a wedding)and hitting his head on the side of a boat.

Anyway we hear that some people will just not open up to the possibility of spiritual awareness , and these people can turn the tables on you implying that it is All your imagination.
Advice being don't bother, their not ready.

This gentleman has just been awarded with a long service award for attending the FREE MASONS.Is now a chairman and has been attending meetings since 1976.
Point being a requirement of belonging to this sect requires a belief in a supreme being and immortality of the soul.
So today when talking to him he says he doesn't belief in a God of any type.
He doesn't believe in immortality. When your dead your dead! End of.

Decided to test him a bit and asked how he would explain ....
( I put an experience to him) .... He immediately replied...... LUCKY!
( I put another experience to him.. He took a couple of seconds and replied.......Very LUCKY!
( I put one more experience to him...He took longer to answer and started to laugh saying ...Your Very Very Lucky!
I ended suggesting we would gracefully agree to disagree.
I just think it such a shame when someone of this age has no belief but nothing anyone can say will change his mind.

Hi Susan,

Maybe he have no Words to express what he has, because he canīt use the Word ...belief.
Maybe he was a teacher for you to open up and not Think it is pity of him not having a belief....maybe he was an teaching angle in disguice :-)

Just only what I felt from Reading what you wrote :-)

Love
ia

ButterflyWoman
10th September 2015, 12:34 AM
I wonder if this happens to everyone... they say that you get more spiritual the older you get, but with me, it's not really the case.
For me, the line between "spiritual" and "non spiritual", plus the line between "knowledge" and "speculation", has just gotten more and more blurred, or blended.

CFTraveler
10th September 2015, 12:20 PM
That's probably the case with me too, and I'm just changing labels.

Sinera
10th September 2015, 05:58 PM
I've never really used 'spiritual'. I prefer metaphysical. Sounds better. :-)

And as regards 'knowledge'. Well, yeah ... I've already posted this here what my definition of being "human" is.

("Not knowing a f... thing").

Myst7799
11th September 2015, 05:03 AM
Reading the exchange susan, makes me smile. :D

It reminds me of when I explain the inner workings of IT to an older executives in sales. They clearly do not understand the technical information, and don't care to learn the information. But they appreciate that I am genuinely trying to communicate something to them, and they value our working relationship, and want to foster the relationship. I suspect the gentleman looked you deep in the eyes during the exchanges with the utmost warmth. :-D

Sometimes giving and and recieving positive energy is plenty. I wish I could meet this lovely gentleman, he may have laughed after the 3rd exchange, but he didn't say you were crazy ;). It was lovely how he agreed to disagree in a very gentle manner.

of course I could be presuming too much also. :wacky1:

LPCF
16th September 2015, 04:32 PM
I've never really used 'spiritual'. I prefer metaphysical. Sounds better.

That's funny (both funny curious and funny humorous). I'm the other way round. I don't use the word "metaphysical", but often refer to the "spiritual". But it is all the same thing :-)

Regarding the old man, IMHO it really isn't necessary to be believe in a "God" (omnipotent being separate from us) in order to accept that we all pass over to the astral after leaving our physical bodies. Bringing religion into spirituality often brings in "baggage" as well. Some religions are so sure that they are the right and the rest are wrong, that it makes many people sceptical. In a sense, religion gets in the way of spirituality.

"Just my two cents", as the Americans love to say....LOL! Above is of course all IMHO.