PDA

View Full Version : feel let down by tarot cards

buzzcock
15th September 2015, 09:48 AM
I have a tarot deck that I ask questions of about once a month or fortnight (more often if feeling lost) and last night I had a choice of 2 social meet ups to go to. I was torn and read cards to choose between the two. It gave me 3 of pentacles for one and sun for the other, which was the one I was most unsure about. I thought that sounded great and went to it, but it wasa bit of a disaster and I couldn't find anyone. I'm not sure if I can trust the cards now. A month ago reading them led me to believe I could persue a relationship with someone who was wrong for me or seems so now. When I read them I pray to God to give me wise answers, sit quietly for a few minutes till I feel cleansed and open, then read them by a sunny window, finishing by thanking God and putting the cards away. And I often have a deep fuzzy feeling of peace for a while afterwards. But I'm not sure I believe it's from God or the right thing to do anymore.

CFTraveler
15th September 2015, 01:40 PM
That is an immediate and temporary result. Wait for a bit and see what develops.

buzzcock
15th September 2015, 01:58 PM
thanks for any advice. I try not to rely on them and control my own fate, but when it's a choice between 2 good seeming paths I want a guide. And I'm not sure of the psychic self-defense general view of them.

buzzcock
23rd October 2015, 01:04 PM
a question of believing in tarot? maybe?

I had a reading once, and it made nice sense.

i am quite spiritual/intuitive and I still have doubts whether a random card might hold real wisdom, though Bruce says there is wisdom in them.

I would like to understand Tarot, in dry English.

.....?

I feel sometimes when I read Tarot for myself theyre just reflecting back to me what my own thoughts are. Maybe this means I should listen to myself more.

Myst7799
24th October 2015, 05:24 AM
I feel sometimes when I read Tarot for myself theyre just reflecting back to me what my own thoughts are. Maybe this means I should listen to myself more.

Hello buzzcock :-) you are on the right track, what you need is a well charged Tarot deck that has previously absorbed your subconscious energies. The best way to charge up a brand new Tarot deck is to place the cards under your pillow.

However a couple notes of caution:
1. DO NOT sleep on a USED Tarot deck, this can at the very least cause nightmares, and possibly attract negative energy, etc.
2. Sleep with your Tarot deck around the full or waxing moon. The waning crescent to Dark moon tends to call dark energies and will taint the decks ability to provide a balanced reading.

I do recommend taking a peek at the variety of tarot out there, and chose one where the artwork 'speaks' to you for your special deck. Plus have a classic Tarot deck and playing card deck processed during different months available for your initial readings. Having the 3 decks for reading comparisons will help guide you to finding your true inner voice, and energize (almost like forming a targeted edge) your clairvoyance. Also starting with simpler spreads, with a notepad scratchpad, and Tarot journal, keeps initial reading frustration levels down and tracks your progress.

Also recommended is listening to your heart chakra when asking the question. It's kinda like having a group hug with yourself :grouphug:. When it works it's SO happily warm! :redface:

Hope the info helps and you find happy enlightment and enjoyment. :-D

Osiris
25th October 2015, 11:35 PM
I dont know I always liked them (and the art work) because they can be Interpreted so many ways. Maybe if you could go back to the lay out knowing what you know now, an decent explanation would present itself.