PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a spiritual partner?

dontco
17th October 2015, 09:31 PM
Maybe this is quite an odd question to ask, but I've been carrying with me for a while now. If you are reading this forum, I am assuming you are a spiritual person. As one spiritual person to another, I want to ask you- do you have, or did you have a spiritual partner- a spouse, a BF/GF? I know the word "spiitual" is quite a big word, but I mean- can you talk to your partner freely about OBEs, lucid dreams, meditations, etc? can they understand?
and is your family this kind of spiritual, too?

Because I'm beginning to think it may be hard to find the right guy that I can share my spiritual life with. I went on a date with someone a couple of days ago and mentioned lucid dreaming, just as a test, to see how he responds- and he looked at me like I was completely nuts :wacky1:... But I'm hoping this post could give me hope on this subject!
Peace!
dontco.

wstein
18th October 2015, 12:49 AM
I only 'date' spiritual people. Spirituality is so much a part of my life, it wouldn't make sense to 'overlook' that. It does greatly reduce the pool of potential 'partners' :(

WhiteMonkey
18th October 2015, 01:50 AM
In he past I used to meditate everyday woth my best friend. But it was more that I developed much faster and we stopped out of nothing doing this. Now he is back to the materialisitc thinking.

About relationship I think its very difficult to find aomeone how will practis with you. For me its just important that they understand what im doong and accept it. Sometimes they donget jalous cause Im more in meditation as with them hehehe

All the best

Dreamweaver
18th October 2015, 04:34 AM
My first husband used my spirituality and what I shared with him about oobe, dreamwork and mysticism against me and made me out to be crazy with friends and family because of it. My second husband has had experiences similar to mine. He knows what I'm talking about and shares my interests in spirituality. I can't have it any other way.

DarkChylde
18th October 2015, 05:14 AM
My first husband used my spirituality and what I shared with him about oobe, dreamwork and mysticism against me and made me out to be crazy with friends and family because of it. My second husband has had experiences similar to mine. He knows what I'm talking about and shares my interests in spirituality. I can't have it any other way.

I'm so very glad things worked out for you :heart:

Sinera
18th October 2015, 11:23 AM
Opposites attract.

So they say. :|

Never so far had a relationship with a 'spiritual' woman. At least I haven't known if they were.

It is important that at least one shares 'some' interests or hobbies with that person, e.g. sports, travelling, literature, music, whatever ...

Yes, it would be nice if the woman was also metaphysically interested or (even better) experienced. But it is an 'on top' bonus into the bargain for me.

Looking around me in the world I am discouraged. It's bleak. I do not find a spiritual woman easily. How? You do not recognise them, they do not wear a sign or 'radiate' spiritual sunshine or aura. At least not for me, I'm not clairvoyant.

And mostly in our materialistic world (e.g. at the workplace etc.) you do not find them. The majority, 99% or so, is just plain 'normal' and only marginally interested in the things that I explore(d). With a different overview (Monroe quote) it is difficult to get back to normal on their level. This is not meant in any arrogant way. Most of them are just fully engaged into this materialistic world and the 'matrix' and it is only understandable because I am too in some forced way, e.g. when at the workplace.

I'm single now and I am not looking actively for a 'spiritual' woman, how should I do that? And it's not sure anymore for me if I look at all, because for years now I am happy with my singleness, maybe I'll stay this way. It has its advantages, too.

What I know for sure is that there are exclusion critera. It is clear to me that this 'normal' woman should at least have some open-mindedness towards metaphysics/spiriuality. A skeptic would not be an option. And a complete "I-love-the-matrix-because-I-don't-know-I'm-a-slave-in-it-in-the-first-place"-woman can be ruled out too. If there is not a spark of open-mindedness at least and a questioning of today societies' brainwash going on, then I could possible not stand being with her. E.g. if she would consume 'idiot tv' (as I call it, and 99% of today's tv qualifies as such) all day long and not question mainstream disinfo (news, 'science', etc.) at all, it would be hard for me.

Or it would be a cool challenge and interesting arguments would result. :shrug:

So I don't know, in the end. Maybe it is all a matter of degree. She needn't be all new-agey or so but too materialistic on the other hand is not good either.

WhiteMonkey
18th October 2015, 11:40 AM
Interestong way of seeing it. But normally you cant choose where love goes or can you?

Sinera
18th October 2015, 11:54 AM
Interestong way of seeing it. But normally you cant choose where love goes or can you?

You're right. I'm referring to when you are on the lookout and what 'strategies' some might apply (or not). When it happens, it happens and then you might not really care what the ideological setup of your other part is. At least not in the young phase of having fallen in love anew.

ButterflyWoman
18th October 2015, 03:03 PM
My husband is a scientist and an engineer, and an exceptionally unmystical person. :) Thankfully, he isn't a naysayer, and he gets a lot of things, though he doesn't grok them (because he's not a mystic, and I am). But, there are things about his worldview that I don't grok, so it's all right. We balance each other pretty well. He is also undoubtedly the love of my life and, if such things exist, my soulmate.

My first husband used my spirituality and what I shared with him about oobe, dreamwork and mysticism against me and made me out to be crazy with friends and family because of it.
Bastard. I've had similar experiences in the past. I'm glad you've got a supportive partner now.

Osiris
18th October 2015, 05:19 PM
Yeah I did she was wonderful

CFTraveler
18th October 2015, 05:32 PM
Yes, my husband has become more and more spiritual since I met him (and married him) and I've become less and less spiritual. So we balance each other out.

IA56
18th October 2015, 06:14 PM
No, non at all!!

Love
ia

Dreamweaver
19th October 2015, 03:31 AM
Makes everything so much better to have support and understanding :)

Dreamweaver
19th October 2015, 03:39 AM
Important encounters are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other.

~Paulo Coelho

ButterflyWoman
19th October 2015, 05:31 AM
Yes, my husband has become more and more spiritual since I met him (and married him) and I've become less and less spiritual. So we balance each other out.
You know, I think this has happened in my relationship with my husband, too. But when I say "less spiritual" I experience it more as "less division". I don't see a lot of the spiritual vs. not-spiritual now. It's all the same substance, for the most part, just with different shades and flavours and variations. And his "more spiritual" is actually "less rigidly attached to standard material ways of looking at things". :) We have certainly changed each other. I'm both more grounded and more diffuse, and he's more flexible and less inclined to default to a material mindset. But at the end of the day, I'm still a mystic and he's still an engineer, hehe.

CFTraveler
19th October 2015, 01:45 PM
Yes, that's exactly it.

dontco
1st November 2015, 06:03 PM
Thank you all for responding! I really really appreciate it and I wanted to respond to each and every one but I don't have the time lately.
So thank you, you were very helpful! you gave me alot of hope.
peace and love to all :love: