PDA

View Full Version : Help with understanding Kundalini

Quarenv
9th November 2015, 08:38 PM
This will probably be a bit of a long post, so sorry in advance. The reason I'm here is because I have quite a few unanswered questions about Kundalini. I've done a lot of research already, but things are usually quite hit and miss, with not many solid definitive answers, so I was wandering if any of you could help me.

Firstly, a lot of sources claim that Kundalini can only be activated under certain circumstances, such as you have to be spiritually/mentally balanced, or you have to open/balance all of your Chakras before it can be fully awakened. However I have an issue with this, because ever since a young age I've always been able to activate my Kundalini and feel the flowing 'Prana' through all of my 'Chakras' with no practice or even prior knowledge as to what I was actually doing. It's only recently that I decided to look it up and read into it. How then can I activate it with such ease, yet some claim it to be this mystical experience that only those who have a perfect/spiritual mental state can achieve? Surely I wasn't just born with, or by chance happened to acquire these prerequisites. Am I different because it's so easy/effortless? Is it this effortless for others? Do others experience it from such a young age?

Ok, next section. Kundalini is described as a flow of energy through the Chakras up or down the spine (and consequently to various places throughout your body). I've read that you cannot experience individual/seperate sensations for each Chakra, yet that Kundalini is rather the flow of Prana through all of the Chakra once they are opened. However, when I experience Kundalini, if I want to, I can focus the 'energy' on one chakra and one chakra alone. I can then focus that energy to any of the other Chakras whenever I want, feeling an immense sensation only on the spot along my spine that I'm focusing on. I know this isn't blocked Chakras, because I can let it flow through all of them if I chose. Again... I think I just need clarification. I'm being told that Kundalini can't be felt in individual Chakras but this isn't what I'm experiencing. On some sites it also states Kundalini only flows from the base of your spine and up to the crown of your head. Again, I can do this, but I can also do the opposite, letting it flow from the crown downwards, or even starting it at another spot of my choice (the third eye is by far the strongest for me). So are they wrong in stating that? I can even (after a bit of concentration) feel some of/all the Chakras at the same time, pulsing and growing stronger simultaneously. Is all of this normal? Any help in understanding this would be greatly appreciated.

WhiteMonkey
10th November 2015, 12:29 AM
In my perseption only people who are high developed should try to activate kundalini cause it is such an energy that u will die before you die and to handle thisnu need to be prepared.

Kundalini is like a snkae starting from your base burning its way through your body and the exit your head as a snake.

What you describe sounds more like energy work to me. You are stimulating some parts of your energy body but it doesnt seem you are raising kindalini. It seems that you are already quite activated and that u can control the energy that well is amazing. Congrats

Hope this could help

All the best

ButterflyWoman
10th November 2015, 07:02 AM
Firstly, a lot of sources claim that Kundalini can only be activated under certain circumstances, such as you have to be spiritually/mentally balanced, or you have to open/balance all of your Chakras before it can be fully awakened.
Ha. I was the most unbalanced, self-oblivious, messed up egoself of a person you can imagine when Kundalini spontaneously awoke (well, I think I triggered it through prayer, i.e., a combination of intention and surrender, but that's another story entirely). I had no clue what Kundalini even was, and only the vaguest idea of what chakras were. It is entirely and absolutely untrue that one has to be in some state of perfection or something for Kundalini to awaken. Utter nonsense.

Am I different because it's so easy/effortless?
Yes. :)

Is it this effortless for others? Do others experience it from such a young age?
No, and no. But it probably happens to people. Just not to me. I had other mystical stuff going on from a young age, though (Kundalini didn't start to awaken until I was in my late twenties, though).

However, when I experience Kundalini, if I want to, I can focus the 'energy' on one chakra and one chakra alone. I can then focus that energy to any of the other Chakras whenever I want, feeling an immense sensation only on the spot along my spine that I'm focusing on. I know this isn't blocked Chakras, because I can let it flow through all of them if I chose.
Once again, your direct experience ♥♥♥♥♥s the offical dogma of others who claim to be authorities. This is the story of my life, too. In fact, Robert Bruce, whose site this is, talks about the "path of the master", in which you pretty much have to throw out everything everyone else says (you don't have to outright reject it; you can put it in the "possibly true" or "probably true" or "maybe true" or "interesting but not true for me" categories, and make up other categories as you go) and go on your own experience. I agree with this completely. The only thing in this world that's real is experience. Even our interpretation of our experience, our interpretation of the data, is subject to change. So what is "truth" when it comes to esoteric, subjective, personal experiences? Your truth, ultimately, is the only truth that matters in your own life story.

So are they wrong in stating that?
Not necessarily "wrong", but it's obviously not true for you. It's untrue for others, as well (I've had Kundalini rush up as well as down, on many occasions). They're being dogmatic, or they're so ego-bound they think that their experience (or the experience they were taught to have) is the only one valid.

Honestly, you find this in all walks of life, but it's everywhere in the realms people call "spiritual". Only their way is right, only their teaching is true, all others are false, wrong, invalid, maybe even evil. Bah. I have no use for that kind of nonsense. And from what you describe, you don't need to pay it any attention, either. People can and do believe what they will, and you can (and should, IMHO) let them, but you're under no obligation to take their dogma on board. ;)

And, of course, this is just me speaking from long experience, interpreted as I interpret it, so you're free to throw this into the "possibly true" basket if you need to do, but I hope I at least gave you something to think about. I'm all about planting seeds. ;)

CFTraveler
10th November 2015, 03:41 PM
This will probably be a bit of a long post, so sorry in advance. The reason I'm here is because I have quite a few unanswered questions about Kundalini. I've done a lot of research already, but things are usually quite hit and miss, with not many solid definitive answers, so I was wandering if any of you could help me.

Firstly, a lot of sources claim that Kundalini can only be activated under certain circumstances, such as you have to be spiritually/mentally balanced, or you have to open/balance all of your Chakras before it can be fully awakened. However I have an issue with this, because ever since a young age I've always been able to activate my Kundalini and feel the flowing 'Prana' through all of my 'Chakras' with no practice or even prior knowledge as to what I was actually doing. It's only recently that I decided to look it up and read into it. How then can I activate it with such ease, yet some claim it to be this mystical experience that only those who have a perfect/spiritual mental state can achieve? Surely I wasn't just born with, or by chance happened to acquire these prerequisites. Am I different because it's so easy/effortless? Is it this effortless for others? Do others experience it from such a young age? Hi QuarenV. Here is my opinion, which might be the same or differ from what you've read so far. I believe the organizations that say you can only activate it after prior work are organizations that are looking for members or students- however, there are differences between activating Kundalini and raising it, and there lies the difference. Anyone can and does activate Kundalini without knowing what it is or having tried on purpose- almost any introspective activity such as meditation or philosophical study can activate it (both have happened to me) and even a strong psychological event can activate it and even cause it to rise- that one also happened to me, and I was lucky to know enough to understand what was happening, because it was very difficult.
Having said that, having some sort of practice, be it energy work, meditation or some other sort of activity can help to cope with an unwanted 'flareup', which is probably why so many practitioners recommend doing some sort of yoga or energy work, or at least know what the symptoms are so you don't think you're going crazy and check yourself into a mental clinic.

Ok, next section. Kundalini is described as a flow of energy through the Chakras up or down the spine (and consequently to various places throughout your body). I've read that you cannot experience individual/seperate sensations for each Chakra, yet that Kundalini is rather the flow of Prana through all of the Chakra once they are opened. However, when I experience Kundalini, if I want to, I can focus the 'energy' on one chakra and one chakra alone. I can then focus that energy to any of the other Chakras whenever I want, feeling an immense sensation only on the spot along my spine that I'm focusing on. I know this isn't blocked Chakras, because I can let it flow through all of them if I chose. Again... I think I just need clarification. I'm being told that Kundalini can't be felt in individual Chakras but this isn't what I'm experiencing. On some sites it also states Kundalini only flows from the base of your spine and up to the crown of your head. Again, I can do this, but I can also do the opposite, letting it flow from the crown downwards, or even starting it at another spot of my choice (the third eye is by far the strongest for me). So are they wrong in stating that? I can even (after a bit of concentration) feel some of/all the Chakras at the same time, pulsing and growing stronger simultaneously. Is all of this normal? Any help in understanding this would be greatly appreciated. I think there is a dogmatization of what generally is a system of classification, so I'll try to simplify it.
Everything that flows everywhere is prana. Prana is just 'vital energy', or if you wish, 'energy'. Some systems change the name to what it's used for, so in some systems the energy in the belly might be called something different than the energy in the heart. The energy is the same (energy is energy, kinetic, potential, heat, light, etc. We just give it names to say how it's used. This is not that important, because what it is, is the same 'thing', that expresses itself differently.

Now, the way to go into more detail is like this: There are various circuits in the human energy body. There is the central channel, called the sushumma. It begins at the base chakra and goes up and down the center of the body all the way to the head, and it forms 'tangles' or 'nadis' in each chakra as it goes up. Each chakra connects to each other through the central channel and to each meridian of the body, which is why acupuncture works. So there are pathways going up and down, and around each chakra. There are also storage centers that can be accessed from the surface in. That's why sweeping movements in energy work are as important (in my opinion) as individual chakra work or central channel work, and why I love NEW so much.

When we feel the energy at a chakra, we just say the chakra is activated, when we feel the energy go around the body like fire and get to the throat or head and blow our minds, we call it Kundalini. The only difference is in where the energy is 'stopping', the energy is the same, and IMO, the same things stimulate them, except that K is more like a chain reaction (like lighting a fire in the woods, instead of burning just one tree or bush.

I hope this made something clearer.

Quarenv
10th November 2015, 09:28 PM
Thank you for taking the time to reply! I appreciate it. Really helped me see things a lot clearer. :)

Robert Bruce
18th November 2015, 03:19 AM
I recommend you watch the program, Raising Kundalini, as there is a lot of ground to cover.

There are a great many misconceptions about kundalini in the world today. The program helps to replace this with personal experience.

What you describe are kundalini related symptoms of energy flow and chakra activations.

This does not involve the actual kundalini phenomenon.

Kundalini can be likened to a sneeze, in that the actual sneeze is a specific event caused by a buildup of many other symptoms.

It can also be likened to an orgasm.

Kundalini is a specific event.

Kundalini can raise in several different ways, but they are all very powerful and specific events.

EG. it may start at the base chakra and move up one chakra at a time, with each chakra producing a feeling that can be related to childbirth.

It can also skip certain chakras and still raise.

It can go straight up the central channel.

It can also be the full 'serpent' where it feels as if a large snake is moving up through the body, 3.5 coils, from base to head.

The only way to know 'how' it will be for any individual is to actually do it.

My best advice for anyone wanting to raise kundalini is to first learn how to do a conscious astral projection. This is a great preparation for raising kundalini. It also debugs the energy system in ways that make kundalini raising more achievable, reducing fear and imparting confidence.

robert

Robert Bruce
18th November 2015, 03:24 AM
I disagree, in a sense, that people wanting to raise kundalini should be highly spiritually developed before this is attempted.

Over the many years I have taught raising kundalini, and other things, I have encountered many people that have successfully raised kundalini that have zero spiritual experience. '

These people are certainly not classed as 'spiritually developed'

In fact, most people have no idea what that means...spiritually developed'

The truth is, this means 'well balanced maturity of a human being'.

A psychologist knows more about 'spiritual development' than most guru types.

In a nutshell...'Know thyself' says it all....self knowledge, self realization. These are keys to spiritual development.

robert

-asalantu-
23rd November 2015, 07:20 AM
Dear Sir...

I disagree, in a sense, that people wanting to raise kundalini should be highly spiritually developed before this is attempted.
Over the many years I have taught raising kundalini, and other things, I have encountered many people that have successfully raised kundalini that have zero spiritual experience. '
These people are certainly not classed as 'spiritually developed'
In fact, most people have no idea what that means...spiritually developed'
The truth is, this means 'well balanced maturity of a human being'.
A psychologist knows more about 'spiritual development' than most guru types.
In a nutshell...'Know thyself' says it all....self knowledge, self realization. These are keys to spiritual development.

So, let's say, people with evil/criminal purposes ¿can rise kundalini and use such enhanced capabilities in order to achieve its more disreputable purposes?

Apologies about this inquiry but taking into account concepts expressed by you at your article "OBE and Ethics" anyone can imagine the worst scenaryo and then ask as I've done at previous line.

My best regards,
Ángel

Leon
23rd November 2015, 02:08 PM
Asalantu, have you ever heard about black magicians?

Leon
23rd November 2015, 02:33 PM
My best advice for anyone wanting to raise kundalini is to first learn how to do a conscious astral projection. This is a great preparation for raising kundalini. It also debugs the energy system in ways that make kundalini raising more achievable, reducing fear and imparting confidence.

robert

I was suspecting that, a few times a had a very powerful spinal energy rushes during astral projection attempts combined with sense of bliss and purple visions by mind eye but this state of mind is very very difficult to achieve and hold... The spinal sweeps that I am having from time to time are also related to the altered state of mind, they usually take place during the first cycle of sleep or sometimes they are awakening me from a deep sleep, the same situation with chakras, during the sleep when I become conscious in the moment of awakening I usually realise that some of my chakras are very active, the problem is that I can't hold this state of mind....

Robert Bruce
23rd November 2015, 02:48 PM
While this may be possible, I have never heard of this happening.

I do not think this kind of work is in the nature of black magicians.

They seem to prefer ritual.

I think that if a person like this did succeed it would cause massive contradictions, which would be very unbalancing both energetically, physically, and psychologically.

robert

-asalantu-
24th November 2015, 12:17 AM
Dear Sir...

So, let's say, people with evil/criminal purposes ¿can rise kundalini and use such enhanced capabilities in order to achieve its more disreputable purposes?

Asalantu, have you ever heard about black magicians?

While this may be possible, I have never heard of this happening.
I do not think this kind of work is in the nature of black magicians.
They seem to prefer ritual.
I think that if a person like this did succeed it would cause massive contradictions, which would be very unbalancing both energetically, physically, and psychologically.

Taking into account old saying "we harvest what we sow" a prudent black magician will have the wisdom of to play with timelines selecting (by successive reality shifts) that one which best fits its purposes. I think, having full control of Kundalini, perhaps is the way in order to successfully do this.

This would be an alternative (instead of to directly harm others) when trying to reach its disreputable targets and letting to the manyfold of possibilities (multiple fates in an multiverse architecture) the "dirty" job.

My best regards,
Ángel

ButterflyWoman
24th November 2015, 05:56 AM
Evil, disreputable, unkind, bad, wrong... these are all judgements. Yes, there are some things that most people on earth will agree are evil (genocide, for example), but agreement doesn't equal truth or correctness. Popular opinion is often (usually, even) ignorant and self-serving. But totally aside from that, it all depends on the context, that is, the assumption that the material world and its constraints and constructs are all somehow important, real, and immutable.

Kundalini is what it is. It doesn't necessarily have "good" or "evil" or other socially defined constructs around it.

However, full Kundalini awakening changes an ego-self so profoundly that it's hard to even guess what would happen to someone with "evil intentions" when they have undergone the transformation. Perhaps they, knowing that "evil" and "good" are only constructs, will continue to do things that society considers "evil". Perhaps they'll lose all interest in manipulation and control (which is what most acts of evil are based in, anyway). It's all extremely personal and extremely individual. If there's one thing that Consciousness appears to want or need or whatever word we want to use there, it's variety and unique experience.

In other words, Kundalini is an agent of change, of transformation, and it drastically alters one's perception of reality, and that includes things like "good" and "evil".

Robert Bruce
25th November 2015, 12:44 AM
To add to what I said in this post....

It can be truly said that to raise kundalini one needs to surrender the ego.

One of the key ingredients of dark magicians and witches is a powerful ego.

This will not survive fully raised Kundalini intact.

It will cause massive contradictions in the belief system and a major existential crisis.

The onslaught of inspirational ideas is intense, post Kundalini. This can drive one quite batty.

Ebullient is an understatement.

I raised Kundalini once a week after a three day fast on water and some purging, for a year or so. Then I had to take a break for two years to ground myself and to allow my energies to settle. During this time, I continued my regular lengthy meditations, but did no energy work. I continued thus until I felt completely normal again.

The ideas I had during my high energy period after raising Kundalini (I kept notes) all panned out as truth. These ideas ranged from spiritual techniques to architecture and new inventions.

I agree that what actually happens depends upon the individual.

robert