PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 upgrade

cyborglemon
13th January 2016, 06:11 AM
Hey everyone,

Thought of letting you know about the new operating system from Microsoft-Windows 10.

Microsoft is offering Windows 10 for FREE(for a limited time only) to those people who have genuine version of Windows on their computer. The link from where you can upgrade your computer is https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/windows-10-upgrade

I've an interest in new technologies. I've been using Windows ever since the 90's and just thought of grabbing the new operating system while it's free.

I'm yet to check all the features of Windows 10 but it looks good.

Thanks

WhiteMonkey
13th January 2016, 12:36 PM
Hey for the info but you have a mistake.

Windows is free for everyone running windows on their machine if its legal or not doesn't matter to them. They give everyone who is upgrading from any windows to win 10 a free license. That are good reasons for that. First of all they wanna stay the leader of the market and second its not only about the OS anymore. Win 10 sends everything you do every klick you make every word you write to windows-service-center to analyse it. So its all about data.

But it is a good win-version and somehow you are supposed to switch off the logging but its not totally clear yet. Thats why I didn't upgrade yet....

CFTraveler
13th January 2016, 06:13 PM
I made one attempt to upgrade my Windows8 but it says it did but it didn't. So I didn't bother.

cyborglemon
14th January 2016, 04:57 AM
Haha...you might need to reinstall or format your computer.

DarkChylde
14th January 2016, 07:30 AM
same here , I was offered a free upgrade , I had it and it didn't take , after that I didn't bother again.

cyborglemon
14th January 2016, 09:23 AM
Weird....I'm working on MS Excel on Windows 10. Played some music yesterday. Checked out some apps for my sweet laptop :mrgreen:

cyborglemon
14th January 2016, 11:28 AM
No, my friend. You can upgrade to Windows 10 only if you have Windows 7 or 8(genuine license) on your computer.

Win 10 sends everything you do every klick you make every word you write to windows-service-center to analyse it. So its all about data.

Yeah, we can say the same thing about other companies who are on the Internet. What can you do? Stay righteous. That's about it.

Sinera
14th January 2016, 12:06 PM
They spy. Not recommendable.

cyborglemon
14th January 2016, 12:10 PM
They spy. Not recommendable.

Sinera, everyone is spying, not just Microsoft.

ButterflyWoman
14th January 2016, 01:51 PM
For those concerned about privacy issues and Windows 10:

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-configure-windows-10-to-protect-your-privacy-1716204024

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/windows-10-doesnt-offer-much-privacy-by-default-heres-how-to-fix-it/

But Windows 7 and Windows 8 spy on you, too, if you don't take the time to adjust the settings:

https://fix10.isleaked.com/

Basically, though, if you are sincerely worried about your privacy, stay off the internet completely. I've been on the net since the early-mid nineties, and I've worked at an ISP. NOTHING you do is private, unless you encrypt everything (and if you know how to do that, you don't have much to worry about because you should be tech savvy enough to use a VPN and various other techniques to really protect yourself and your information).

cyborglemon
15th January 2016, 04:51 AM
Yeah well....I don't need to worry about this as I'm not doing anything wrong on the Internet. They can take whatever they can find on me. :tongue: I'm learning Microsoft Excel 2010 on my laptop because my work requires it.

Such paranoia over privacy when the whole world is spying on each other, S I L E N T L Y. I guess I can call it "constructive spying". Hmm....I wish I knew about ethical hacking. Waaahhhhh

Sinera
15th January 2016, 10:18 AM
Yeah well....I don't need to worry about this as I'm not doing anything wrong
This attitude is what I personally (and many other people who are afraid of a Big Brother 1984 surveillance state / society) find worrying. I do not believe it is enough to say 'I'm good and have nothing to worry / hide' because you give away your basic rights of privacy. It does not matter if you have sth in your closet to hide or not. Your basic right is that the state or whatever should not be allowed to spy on you.

And yes, of course I am not that naive and know there is no security in cyberland, not anywhere, even if you use encryption. But the fact that spying is done (by governments, private hackers or hacker organisations and others) does not make it ethical or "legal", does it? This sentence "I've got nothing to hide" seems to give consent to this unethical act. We should not go down this alley. Think about it please.

cyborglemon
15th January 2016, 12:41 PM
you give away your basic rights of privacy.

Yeah, I gave away my basic rights of privacy.:wacky1:

They can do whatever the f**k they want with it.

Oh and another thing, I'm from India. We don't have crimes pertaining to "Identity thieves". We don't have a "BIG BOTHER" over here who goes around snooping into people's computer or laptops. We have a "Big Brother"(It's called Big Boss in India that has the same concept like "Big Brother" reality show) reality show in which celebrities from India take part and compete in.