PDA

View Full Version : How To Live A Life Worth Living- Questions That Could Change Your Life

dontco
20th February 2016, 10:40 PM
So basically, in this video (beautiful) Teal Swan tells you to imagine that you just died and then, think, from that point of you- how you would answer these deep questions (which she asks in the video, but I posted them here,too, for your convenience). I feel it did something for me, so I wanted you to have this experience too, this could potentially change your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=090rkHtWqqo

1. What do I regret most about my life?
2. Who do I most want to say I love you to?
3. What am I incomplete with? or what do I desperately wish I could have gotten complete with before I died?
4. What was I the most afraid of? and if I wasn't afraid of these things, how would my life have been different?
5. Regardless of what my priorities were when I was living, looking back on life, what do I now see as the most important thing in my life?
6. Was there anything I worried about that in the end did not really matter once I died?
7. Is there something I needed to say to someone, but didn't?
8. Was there a time in my life that I chose something else, over love? Would I have made a different choise?
9. What am I the most glad I did in my life? what was the best decision I made?
10. What were the top 3 best memories of my life and why were they the best memories?
11. What fed my spirit? what did I love doing that I didn't do enough of? Why didn't I make this thing or those things the center of my life?
12. Knowing now that I can choose anywhere else on earth, where would I have moved to and lived?
13. What will people remember me for? what legacy am I leaving behind?
14. if I could have chosen the legacy...
15. Now that I am dead, looking back at my life, if I could have written a bucket list, essentially a list of things I want to experience, accomplish or do before I die, what would be on that list?
16. What life that other people have lived was I envious of and didn't give myself the permission to go after?
17. What advice would you give to anyone who is living, especially your children?
18. Looking at life now that I am dead, what would I say is the meaning of life?
19. If I were given one more shot at life, what would I do differently?
20. If I were given one more shot at life, what would I now have the courage to do that I didn't have the courage to do before?

~I really hope this would help!:grouphug:
dontco.

dontco
21st February 2016, 08:28 PM
"Remember when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given: A heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice, and courage".
~St. Francis d'Assisi

dontco
29th February 2016, 08:38 PM
This needs to be here (not the original theme of the thread, but I feel like it belongs):
"Beware of Destination Addiction—a preoccupation with the idea that happiness is in the next place, the next job, and with the next partner. Until you give up the idea that happiness is somewhere else, it will never be where you are."
~Robert Holden

dontco
15th March 2016, 06:21 PM
I saw this post on facebook. It wasn't in English so I thought I would try to translate it, I hope it's understandable :-)
In my dream, I saw god.
"come in", said god. "Do you want to interview me?"
"If you have time for me" I said.

God smiled and answered "time is infinite, and I have the time for anything. What would you like to ask me?"
"What surprises you most about humans?"

God answered: "It's boring to be children. They hurry to become grown ups. And then, they want to come back and become children again.
They lose their health to make money, and eventually lose their money to bring back their health.
They think endlessly. Worrying about their future, they forget the present- and so, they don't live- not in thr present and not in the future. They live like they will never die and die like they never lived.

God took my hands in his and we sat in silence for a while. And then, I asked-
"as a parent, what are the lessons that you would like them to learn?"

And god answered with a smile:
"That they will learn that the valuable things in life are not the things that belong to us, but the people we love.
That they will learn not to compare themselves to others. Any person should be appreciated according to his own value and not in comparison to some group.
That they will learn that the rich man is not the one that has the most, but the one who needs the least.
That they will learn that it only takes a couple of minutes to hurt a person you love, but it takes years to heal the wound.
THat they will learn to forgive by practicing forgiveness.
That they will learn that some people love them very much, but don't know how to express their feelings.
That they will learn that money can but anything axcept for happiness.
That they will learn that 2 people can look at the same thing and see something completely different.
That they will learn that a true friend is the one who knows all about them, and loves them anyway.
That they will learn that it's not enough to win the forgiveness of others,
it's also important to forgive ourselves.