PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

Kamilka
23rd February 2016, 02:26 AM
Hello!
My name is Kamila, and I'm here to ask few things. My questions are directed at people who have more experience with out of body experiences / lucid dreams.

About a year ago, I have been woken up in the middle of the night by sleep paralysis - it was a terrifying experience for me, and as I was lying in bed freaking out I could hear my dad walking around the house downstairs (I lived with my parents at the time). With all my strength I managed to lift my upper body off the bed, look around and seconds later wake up lying down in bed. This opened my eyes to astral projection, however I found the experience really traumatic (back then I was struggling with depression and anxiety disorder).

Since that time i have been doing a lot of research about obe, however it comes and goes. Sometimes I will be waken up at night feeling vibrations all over my body, feeling like my head is going to explode as well having the feeling of my legs drifting away on me. I'm not sure why this happens - I never tried to leave my body on purpose, and whenever something like that happens I force myself to open my eyes and wake up - Am i totally aware of whats going on with my body when the described accident happens. I am not even sure if what I'm feeling are 'stages' of leaving my body. Did anyone go through something like that?

As I wrote again the first time I experienced obe was truamtic to me and I associated it with fear. If i did try to go through exiting my body what are the chances that my fear will take over and take me somewhere I won't enjoy? I have read a lot about people meeting shadow people while they are out of their bodies, what are they?

The main reason why I want an answer to them questions is - Few times before I had the vibrations and all this I would dream of very particular things. Once it would an animal that followed me everywhere I went, another time It would be an old man I kept seeing in my dream, and other stuff too. However every time that has happened I would so terrified by whatever it was. I'm not sure if my dreams have any meanings to them, however after talking to a friend of mine which was very interested in obe he said that it can be someone trying to contact me - which could lead to the other experiences at night. He also mention that everyone has a 'guard spirit' or whatever you wanna call them - entity that looks out for us and protect us. Did you ever come across such a thing? Could my dreams really mean someone is trying to contact me?

Please let me know if you every went through something similar. I feel like spirituality and astral projection is a part of me and there is nothing I can do about it. I have memories from when I was a child, places I visited so many times, yet don't know where they are. I would like to get over my fear and discover other dimensions , however I am not sure if I'm emotionally ready for it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. :)
-Kamilka

iSpiritIsis
23rd February 2016, 07:33 AM
We are more than our body. We are a multi-dimensional entity. We exist, our Being exists not only in the physical plane, but also in other realms like the astral plane. - This is the basis of spirituality.

There is nothing to panic if you get an OBE experience. Instead, gain mental strength and go for it. Not every person gets an OBE experience. So prepare for it and enjoy every experience. Take it as an adventure!

1) Sleep paralysis - This is a prerequisite for the trance state. From the trance state, you get an OBE - it could be a lucid dream, or it could be an astral travel, or just an OBE.
In the trance state, body is asleep but the mind, wide awake and alert. In sleep paralysis you feel you are the spirit. This is a direct experience that you are something more than your body!

2) Vibrations - Next to sleep paralysis is vibrations. Once you get into a trance state, you get vibrations in parts of your body, or sometimes you get vibrations all over. This is the time where you have to be careful - not to fall asleep, not to be awake. Instead, follow the experience and go for it.

The first few times you panic, but once you get used to these states - you will really enjoy each and every experience.

3) Message Interpretation - During the OBE experiences, or during the astral projection, you might encounter other entities, like positive spirits. They try to communicate you with images. You have to remember the images and interpret them correctly. Sometimes the meaning of the images will reflect something in your life. And yes, spirit guides always try to contact you in some way or the other.

There is no danger in the OBE experiences and remember that you can always get back to your physical body at your will!

If you feel you are interested but not emotionally ready for spiritual experiences, I suggest you try yoga and some chakra meditation, along with research in OBE and meditation.

Very interested in knowing more about your experiences, keep posting. And wish you more interesting adventures!

CFTraveler
23rd February 2016, 01:51 PM
Hello!
My name is Kamila, and I'm here to ask few things. My questions are directed at people who have more experience with out of body experiences / lucid dreams. Hello Kamilka. We'll try to help.

About a year ago, I have been woken up in the middle of the night by sleep paralysis - it was a terrifying experience for me, and as I was lying in bed freaking out I could hear my dad walking around the house downstairs (I lived with my parents at the time). With all my strength I managed to lift my upper body off the bed, look around and seconds later wake up lying down in bed. This opened my eyes to astral projection, however I found the experience really traumatic (back then I was struggling with depression and anxiety disorder). It is a traumatic experience, especially if you don't have prior knowledge of what happens when you're in paralysis. I'm not surprised, it scared me the first time it happened too.

Since that time i have been doing a lot of research about obe, however it comes and goes. Sometimes I will be waken up at night feeling vibrations all over my body, feeling like my head is going to explode as well having the feeling of my legs drifting away on me. I'm not sure why this happens - I never tried to leave my body on purpose, and whenever something like that happens I force myself to open my eyes and wake up - Am i totally aware of whats going on with my body when the described accident happens. I am not even sure if what I'm feeling are 'stages' of leaving my body. Did anyone go through something like that? Yes. This can happen as you're returning to your body (vibrations happen also upon reentry, not just upon exit) and if you wake up at the moment it happens, you can end up paralyzed, because your body is still sleeping and your mind is awake.

As I wrote again the first time I experienced obe was truamtic to me and I associated it with fear. If i did try to go through exiting my body what are the chances that my fear will take over and take me somewhere I won't enjoy? I have read a lot about people meeting shadow people while they are out of their bodies, what are they?
They are what we call 'dweller on the threshold'. What happens is that you are starting to go to sleep but your mind, still awake, becomes aware of a presence in the room. The presence is their energy body expanding, but not quite separating yet. They are perceiving their own expanded energy from the point of view of their body and not their projected double (because it has not disengaged with the body or moved far enough away. And their double responds to the information that it's receiving from the person's body- which is fear. And this causes a feedback loop, such as when you have a microphone too close to a speaker- but in this case the loop is the feeling of fear that is feeding your energy and shaping it- causing you to panic (because you become aware you're paralyzed and feel even more vulnerable- until you either separate and reintegrate with your energy body (and by 'you' I mean your point of awareness) or until you break the paralysis and the energy becomes centered back 'in' the body, ceasing all the effects.

The main reason why I want an answer to them questions is - Few times before I had the vibrations and all this I would dream of very particular things. Once it would an animal that followed me everywhere I went, another time It would be an old man I kept seeing in my dream, and other stuff too. However every time that has happened I would so terrified by whatever it was. I'm not sure if my dreams have any meanings to them, however after talking to a friend of mine which was very interested in obe he said that it can be someone trying to contact me - which could lead to the other experiences at night. He also mention that everyone has a 'guard spirit' or whatever you wanna call them - entity that looks out for us and protect us. Did you ever come across such a thing? Could my dreams really mean someone is trying to contact me?
In this case, you are shaping the self-aspect you experienced into a dream. Yes, someone is trying to contact you, but it's your own energetic aspect. You have made a dream about it that represents your experience of fear. Perhaps your higher self is trying to tell you to just allow it to happen and not to be afraid, as difficult as it is.

Please let me know if you every went through something similar. I feel like spirituality and astral projection is a part of me and there is nothing I can do about it. I have memories from when I was a child, places I visited so many times, yet don't know where they are. I would like to get over my fear and discover other dimensions , however I am not sure if I'm emotionally ready for it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. :)
-Kamilka I'm pretty sure most of us have experienced this one time or another.

To add:
When you are waking up paralyzed and have the pesky 'dweller' experience, you can complete an exit, but it will be chaotic and short, because you are having it on the 'waking up' portion of the sleep cycle. When I have these (I don't get them often anymore, maybe one a year or less) I usually wiggle my big toe to break the paralysis, and get up off the bed. This is because if I go straight back to sleep again I might have another episode, since my brain is still in that in-between state. Instead I get up and do something- go to the kitchen, the bathroom, or just sit in the living room for a bit- and then go back to bed. This changes where the brain 'is' as I go back to sleep and can decide then if I want to induce an experience or just go back to sleep.

dontco
23rd February 2016, 08:08 PM
Hey!!! ;) and welcome, friend!
I had a problem with sleep paralysis for a realllly long time, so I completely understand you. It can be very scary :(
What I can recommend is that you won't sleep on your back- as it is the position where you get SP the most.
I made a post (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?18199-A-Great-Article-About-Sleep-Paralysis)about it a while ago and posted an article explaining what happens physically in the body during SP. I find that after I realized what exactly was going on- the situation improved. Basically- from what I can remember- when you're in a SP, the amigdala in your brain, which is in charge of emotions, including fear- senses a threat- the SP, but can't detect what is wrong so your mind "makes up" something to be scared of.

Of course, every person can have their own opinions as for the causes of SP, and that's ok :-) I think the different reasons can combine nicely.
Good luck!:heart:
dontco.

Kamilka
24th February 2016, 01:15 AM
Hey guys!
Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate all information. I constantly feel like I'm loosing my mind over the experiences I had. There is so many unanswered questions I have but just the though of someone having the same reactions/adventures as me makes me feel a little bit more sane.
Few follow up questions that came into my head today:

In this case, you are shaping the self-aspect you experienced into a dream. Yes, someone is trying to contact you, but it's your own energetic aspect.

Is there possibility that past energy I have output (such as fear, confusion, etc) could residue in the one place? As I have mentioned before I had dealt with depression and severe anxiety, and often found myself experiencing something weird. After I moved out from that house it only happened once to me to wake up to the feeling of vibrations. However I was forced to move back in the same house I feel like something is hunting me. I'm not sure what it is, however the feeling is awful, for 3 past nights I had been waken up in the middle of the night rather by a weird dream, or vibrations, and had to leave to room because it just felt so uncomfortable not being able to sleep for the rest of the night.

I have been thinking a lot about all that I'm going through and what effect it has on me. It is not good for me to have experiences like that as I'm left feeling so confused and anxious. Is there anyway for me to stop it? As I said before I never intended to leave my body, or have vibrations. Damn I never even knew about such things before it started happening to me. I don't want to put any more stress on myself at the minute, as I'm an emotional wreck.
However from the other side, is it possible that AP could help me to get over my issues? I mean, the idea of this spiritual world is so tempting, It leads me to believe that there is more out there than my own emotions and my lack of control over them. Sometimes (like for example yesterday) I was waken up in the middle of the night and lied there in my bed with my eyes wide open and just through 'I'm loosing it, I have gone completely crazy'. I was able to calm myself down and put them thoughts away however I still don't really understand what's going on with me. Do you guys have any thoughts on that?

If you feel you are interested but not emotionally ready for spiritual experiences, I suggest you try yoga and some chakra meditation, along with research in OBE and meditation.

I definitely look into that, I had done few simple grounding exercises to calm my anxiety. Thank you so much for your feedback and the suggestion!

CFTraveler
24th February 2016, 02:39 PM
Is there possibility that past energy I have output (such as fear, confusion, etc) could residue in the one place? Some energy modalities believe this to be true. Some yogic or meditation practices use this to bring unresolved stuff out into the open so you can deal with them at the source. The thread "Inner Dissolving" in the meditation subforum is about that. It's long, but is a very gentle way to deal with this type of thing.

As to sleep paralysis, I don't know if it can be avoided. Get enough sleep, avoid certain type of pain medication, and if you identify a position with your bouts of paralysis, you can try to circumvent it. Other than that, wiggle your big toe and get out of bed when it happens. It's what works for me.

I found Tai Chi the most grounding of all energy practices, it may help you.

dontco
24th February 2016, 04:09 PM
You can try not to sleep on your back... It might help.

Kamilka
3rd March 2016, 01:11 AM
Hey there!
Ah I had another weird experience I thought I would share! I went to sleep and now when I look back on it my thoughts from before going to sleep turned into a dream. I can easily remember the people in the dream and what I have been up to. So at one point I got angry with something and I was like "I'm going home". When I walked out from the "house" I have been in I could feel cold all over my legs as if I was wearing no pants. The idea of it in my mind was so ridiculous I just assumed I have pants on. Then at one point I felt down on the ground and could feel pain (not really physical pain but my brain somewhat let me know that the pain I was supposed to be feeling would be on bare skin) I looked down and I had no pants on!! I was like this is just ridiculous this must be a dream. A second later, I feel vibrations and I'm in my bed.
Thank you for all your suggestions. Wiggling my toe help a lot from the initial shock of what happened! However in due way I was sleeping - most of my experiences happened when I sleeping on my back however today I was sleeping on my side!! I don't even know what it was I experienced today, do you have any thoughts guys??
It kinda sucks coz I'm starting to freak out and I really need to sleep. ��
Anyway hope you are all doing great - Kamilka

PS. Is it normal to hear noises after the vibrations? I felt like someone was whispering into my ear however I could mistake this for another noise! So scary!