PDA

View Full Version : First OBE

thunuras
17th March 2016, 04:26 PM
Hello! I am brand new to this forum and the concept of astral projection. I have had lucid dreams in the past. More often than most people I have spoken to, but I only recently learned about OBEs and peoples experiences with them and began to try them out. Unfortunately because of my work schedule, I get pretty tired and when I would try to meditate, I would just end up falling asleep. But today was different!

I was semi-tired, I would say when I tried it. I focused mainly on my breathing, and within 10 minutes or so I felt my eyes kind of seal shut. I felt my body begin to vibrate gently as if I was strapped to a space shuttle about to launch. Then I felt myself launch! My heart began to race during this phase and I repeatedly told myself "there is nothing to worry about, you want this." I then appeared laying in bed and a room different from mine! My body was frozen for the first 30 seconds or so and i felt a terror rising inside myself. So again I told myself "relax there is nothing to worry about, you want to be here!"

When my heart rate resumed to normal, I began to will myself out of my body. I didn't come out smoothly like I expected to. I felt like there was a slight resistance, an almost sticky feeling. Like my "soul" was like a band aid attached to my body, if that makes any sense.

When this was done, I was able to see myself laying in bed. Shortly after, the walls of this room, which were not mine and covered in strange wallpaper began to crumble, and my own room appeared! I felt free to walk around. I was kind of amazed that this finally happened and immediately began feeling excited. However, i felt the need to go into my kitchen to make coffee. WHAT?? First OBE and my response was to make coffee?? I went and made my cup of coffee and returned to my room to see a wisp like entity floating near my body. It didn't do much, but I felt the sudden need to wake up. So I began to will myself back into my body. At first I felt myself opening an eye and seeing my real room, but then it just closed and I was back in my OBE. This made me a little nervous as I though it would take me much longer to wake up from it than I though. However, on my next attempt I was able to wake up. I woke up with a very dull throbbing feeling in my head.

So that concludes my first OBE experience, or at least I hope it was. I would like to hear some thoughts on it. A few questions I have is that why didn't I think to go outside or try to fly around? Why did I feel the need to make coffee? Why did I feel the sudden need to wake up after encountering that wisp? I would love to hear what you guys have to say!

CFTraveler
18th March 2016, 03:36 PM
Great experience. As you separated with all your lucidity, the superimposed dream/astral image disappeared and you were able to see the real time zone. Well done.