PDA

View Full Version : childhood dream...

9th August 2006, 09:07 AM
I was always, all my life, quite perceptive, and even as a young child, I often had vivid dreams or OBE's that I still vividly remember.

I had a very vivid dream, as a child, that I'm certain had a strong meaning, and to this day, the meaning still eludes me.

I was at school, and I was in a baseball game with others. I don't recall the others being anyone necessarily from school, and although I am very aware of the activity and excitement of the game, and many others there playing and I think, a group watching, as is usual at any baseball game... I didn't actually see these others... it was more of an awareness of things as usual during a baseball game.

I was running the bases, and I remember skidding into base, hands out ahead of me, as players do. But then my movements became very difficult, as if it was nearly impossible to move... I could describe it as somewhat the same feeling that one would get when trying to swim against a strong current, but there was no water association with this dream... it is only my attempt at a description. It seemed that every movement was nearly impossible for me, and I couldn't seem to make it to base.

I woke up then, not having made it to the base, and with the strong sense of having my movements being 'bound', in a sense, staying with me... even now, when I recall the dream, I can still sense it.

I wondered if anyone has any impressions of what this vivid childhood dream might have been about.

Sara

FlickeringThoughts
11th August 2006, 04:36 AM
I have this problem. I only have two recurring themes in my dreams: One is being the brakes not working as strongly as they should in cars, and the other is something like you have described.

When it comes to ANY sport in my dreams, I lose my control. I still control myself, but it is like I am stripped of all of my coordination. if I am throwing something, it lands on the ground a few feet away. If I try to dribble, I can't. If I try to run, that is perhaps the toughest. I feel like I have to push 300% and am still 3x slower than everyone else out there. It really is frustrating and I'm still nto exactly sure what it is suppose to represent yet either, but I do have some ideas.

To me, I THINK it is representing "losing control" in a way, or "being restrained". Somehow it has something to do with not being able to run my life how I want to do it. Lately this has been an issue to me, and has been for awhile..and the theme shows up just about every other dream, so I suppose it makes sense. I guess it's my subconscious showing me how I let other things control my life, or refrain myself, which I have a bad tendency to do. I can't speak for you, but does this seem to relate to your meanings in any way possible?

Kevin

11th August 2006, 01:07 PM
Hello Kevin,

Your description of the restraint or feeling of being bound is exactly what I was trying to describe.

I tend to wonder, for me, about the feeling of not being in control of my life, if that is indeed what was occurring, because of my young age at the time of the dream, because of its vividness, and because I had only one like it. It could be... I really don't know.

As I read your response, 'though, I remembered an associated recurring vivid dream from childhood, and this dream I had often. It was a rope on the deck of a ship, as one used to see them on television... a thick rope, rolled into a circle... a large open circle with the long rope framing the outside of the circle. In my recurring dreams, I would attempt to pick up this rope and get to the end of it, and there was never an end... I would take increasingly more rope, and yet it was still on the deck of the ship, in a large circular shape. It was a "maddening" dream, even then, as a child, it was frustrating.

Sara