PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck and need help!

marcosoul
4th May 2016, 09:22 PM
I have had spontaneous OBE's my entirely life. About a month ago, I was inspired to perform OBE's as a tool for my spiritual growth, something that is very important to me. I have numerous books on OBE's but so far Robert Monroe and William Bulhman have been the ones I resonate with the most. Unfortunately, none of them go in depth at explaining how to induce an OBE's. I do have William Bulhman's, "How to Have an Out of Body Experience", which has some great techniques but I'm at the point I need help with specifics.

The following are the questions I have:

I can get to the point where I am super relaxed, to the point where I don't feel my limbs at all. I just don't know what to do after that. I have tried several techniques, such as the focus technique, the rope technique, the ladder technique. Nothing seems to be working. I just end up falling asleep. I am hoping to at least get to the cool vibration feeling but haven't been able to. What am I missing?
I'll wake up at 3:30am-ish naturally and then get up a bit, maybe read a little in order to get my mind going. I start to relax again about 30-45 minutes after to start inducing my OBE. The problem is that in the process of inducing my OBE, I find myself getting to awake and unable to get to a sleep state mentally, thus staying up until 5am and finally passing out and getting up groggy. What am I doing wrong?
I have only attempted to induce OBE's laying on my back, which is not the normal why I sleep. There seems to be a mix but I have read its not necessary.

I appreciate all your help and support!

Kindest Regards,
-Marco

CFTraveler
5th May 2016, 05:03 PM
I have had spontaneous OBE's my entirely life. About a month ago, I was inspired to perform OBE's as a tool for my spiritual growth, something that is very important to me. I have numerous books on OBE's but so far Robert Monroe and William Bulhman have been the ones I resonate with the most. Unfortunately, none of them go in depth at explaining how to induce an OBE's. I do have William Bulhman's, "How to Have an Out of Body Experience", which has some great techniques but I'm at the point I need help with specifics. Hi Marco. I'll see if I can help.

The following are the questions I have:

I can get to the point where I am super relaxed, to the point where I don't feel my limbs at all. I just don't know what to do after that. I have tried several techniques, such as the focus technique, the rope technique, the ladder technique. Nothing seems to be working. I just end up falling asleep. I am hoping to at least get to the cool vibration feeling but haven't been able to. What am I missing?

How long are you waiting for vibrations? And, some people never get vibrations, sometimes other symptoms happen instead. They can be as simple as seeing through the eyelids, suddenly becoming more 'awake than awake', hearing voices, or seeing visions. All of these are acceptable symptoms. I'll address the rest of the questions as they tie up with the other part of your question.

I'll wake up at 3:30am-ish naturally and then get up a bit, maybe read a little in order to get my mind going. I start to relax again about 30-45 minutes after to start inducing my OBE. The problem is that in the process of inducing my OBE, I find myself getting to awake and unable to get to a sleep state mentally, thus staying up until 5am and finally passing out and getting up groggy. What am I doing wrong? It's wise to get up in the morning to avoid falling asleep due to not enough sleep, but maybe that hour is too early. Try getting up exactly two hours before the usual time you get up, and doing your attempt then. You will still be relaxed enough to go into a trance but will not usually fall asleep because you haven't missed enough sleep for it to affect your level of wakefulness.
Other things: Do not attempt to do an exit technique until you are having some sort of exit symptom (as I described before). If you have a hard time staying in the body asleep mind awake state, try doing some energy loosening techniques in between the trance induction and the exit attempt. This will give you more time to deepen the trance without allowing you to fall asleep.

I have only attempted to induce OBE's laying on my back, which is not the normal why I sleep. There seems to be a mix but I have read its not necessary.

Indeed, it is not necessary. It is often quoted as a good position, because of the idea of 'getting up' from a laying down state, but I find that reclined is a much better position, and it affords enough comfort to allow you to relax, keeps other problems from happening, and is not the normal way to fall asleep. Robert suggests a chair, but I prefer a recliner. Find what works for you, comfortable enough to 'almost' fall asleep but not so comfortable that you'll be down for three hours.