PDA

View Full Version : Being killed by the Grim Reaper.

LightMan
11th August 2006, 10:20 PM
Three years ago I had this dream that I was in my bedroom during the day and was lying on my bed looking out the window. After a shortwhile this figure appears next to my bed wearing a black cloak. As this figure turns round it is holding a long wooden stick with a long triangular blade at the top - I couldn't see the face and I didn't really want to. I knew instantly that this was the Grim Reaper and before I knew it the blade swooped down and split my chest open. The pain was sharp, but swift and then there was darkness. On waking shortly afterwards I was very alarmed and had a feeling that I was dying in my sleep but somehow didn't. I never thought much about the Grim Reaper before nor did I ever believe in such things, but the dream has left a lasting mark at the back of my mind.

Has anyone else had a similar experience ?

CFTraveler
11th August 2006, 11:26 PM
Were you contemplating big changes in your life? Sometimes dreams of death symbolize the death of an aspect of yourself that you are leaving behind. The chest area would make me think of love- had you broken up with someone (or were thinking of) and could it have meant a big change (like divorce)?
Just a thought.

Neg
12th August 2006, 07:59 AM
several months ago i experienced something with a grim reaper type figure. i don't remember much about it. actually, it's coming back.

a skeletal figure floated with a giant scythe and black cloak. he didn't have feet or legs as far as i could see. he appeared to me twice within a week. i didn't really think much of it at the time. both times were after i had waken up and could still see into the astral.

LightMan
12th August 2006, 04:38 PM
Were you contemplating big changes in your life? Sometimes dreams of death symbolize the death of an aspect of yourself that you are leaving behind. The chest area would make me think of love- had you broken up with someone (or were thinking of) and could it have meant a big change (like divorce)?
Just a thought.

Thanks for the reply !

There were a number of changes that year and one of them was that I got my faith back as well as beginning my spiritual journey. Before that I never was a spiritual person and had lost faith due to some negative experiences both at school and university. You could say that I found that spark again that year and began to put things behind me. In reply to your suggestions on the chest area: I wasn't in a relationship around that time and never been married but I know where you are coming from.

guideforce
13th August 2006, 08:35 AM
You have talked about coming into your spirituality. The dream was trying to tell you sometthing my dear.

Good thoughts and deeds are supplemented by evil ones.

The grim reaper represented the bad side of you, that you do not want to surface. As above this has to do with your heart. You need good thoughts and deeds by the power within your spirit to overcome the negative thoughts you have had at the time.

When a perosn becomes spiritual this is what they need to always do to fight the negatives around us. They will always try to take you down with them. Be strong and fight them by thinking only good thoughts and deeds.

LightMan
13th August 2006, 04:50 PM
Thankyou for your answers.

The grim reaper represented the bad side of you, that you do not want to surface. As above this has to do with your heart. You need good thoughts and deeds by the power within your spirit to overcome the negative thoughts you have had at the time.

That's an interesting viewpoint and it makes me see the whole experience in a new light. At present I tend to have a mixture of both positive and negative thinking. When I think negative I try to focus on the present moment or find a distraction because some of my thoughts can be overwhelming. I was awake until 5am this morning with such thoughts and I had to watch some TV to distract myself, after just half an hour of viewing I felt much better and got off to sleep. I can usually see the negatives in a positive way if they are trying to tell me that something is wrong about my current situation, but I have to be careful because right at the moment I can't do much about my current situation.

When a perosn becomes spiritual this is what they need to always do to fight the negatives around us. They will always try to take you down with them. Be strong and fight them by thinking only good thoughts and deeds.

Are you referring to these "negs" that I've come across in topics or just negative people in general ?

guideforce
14th August 2006, 06:40 AM
I will come back to the other posts later. But i will answer this one for your quickly.

I'am talking about both. Negs can also affect people around you witthout them knowing. This is also explained on this site.
Also the more you cleanse yourself from negs they will try and go to people around you.
Negs and negative people are one and the same. They both give off negative feeling. Empaths can especially feel other peoples emotions and need to do cord cutting regularly. Most of this is explained in the angel site. Not everyone on that site talks about angels but it has a great resource of metaphysical aspects. If you dont know what some of the things i'm telling you mean. Then google the words and a wealth of information will be abundant to you. This si whats so great about being spiritual, you keep learning new and fascinating things.

LightMan
14th August 2006, 08:41 PM
I will come back to the other posts later. But i will answer this one for your quickly.

I'am talking about both. Negs can also affect people around you witthout them knowing. This is also explained on this site.

Also the more you cleanse yourself from negs they will try and go to people around you.

I must say this is beginning to give me the creeps. . .

Negs and negative people are one and the same. They both give off negative feeling.
Empaths can especially feel other peoples emotions and need to do cord cutting regularly.

I understand that personally to some extent because with certain people that I have encountered in the past I could feel a sort of downward pull or "well" around people - especially depressed people. If I stick around too long I end up feeling bad myself. At the other end of the scale when I'm around positive happy people there is a sensation of upward lifting within myself and so I naturally want to stick around.

Most of this is explained in the angel site. Not everyone on that site talks about angels but it has a great resource of metaphysical aspects.

Ahh yes, the Earth Angels forum. I plan on spending some more time there shortly.

If you dont know what some of the things i'm telling you mean. Then google the words and a wealth of information will be abundant to you. This si whats so great about being spiritual, you keep learning new and fascinating things.

I will do that, thanks for the suggestion :). It does feel great to be developing spiritually, I just wish that I had got into it sooner. I know that I'll have to be careful who I discuss these things with because I've got some negative reactions about my interest in Astral Projection already. Some don't believe in it and others think that I should leave it alone with a concerned tone. I will quickly mention that my dad told me that my great grandmother used to be a spiritual person and that she often spoke of being able to leave her body and go anywhere she wanted in the universe. I didn't really understand what she meant until recently.

guideforce
22nd August 2006, 07:47 AM
Hi Lightman,
I'm glad you are becoming familiar with your spirituality.
Negs are really nothing to be afraid of they cant harm you unless you fear them. You will need to raise your vibrational energy in order to avoid them. They simply like to attack spiritual people due to them being so pure. Shine your light and they will go away ;)

LightMan
22nd August 2006, 08:54 PM
Hi Lightman,
I'm glad you are becoming familiar with your spirituality.
Negs are really nothing to be afraid of they cant harm you unless you fear them. You will need to raise your vibrational energy in order to avoid them. They simply like to attack spiritual people due to them being so pure. Shine your light and they will go away ;)

I was reading about them in Astral Dynamics last night about Astral Wildlife and was quite amused at the sentance that tells you that when you exit your body for the first few times and you see some being in black with red eyes or something negatively similar, to "Walk right up to it and order it to £$% off."

I also came across a chapter where Bruce mentions that he finds this priest during one of his projections and that the priest mentions that Bruce has had a curse put on him by some witch. The scarey part was the description of that device that the priest found in Bruce's hip. Regarding negs and all I have had more than my fare share of bad things happening to me since we moved into this one house when I was approaching my teens. I've been told that someone may have put a curse on our family and now I've linked two and two together which leads me to wonder if I or any of my family have any such devices in our bodies. I feel tired and drained, even when waking, which was one of the symptoms of that device that Bruce mentioned. Any thoughts on this ?

guideforce
23rd August 2006, 07:50 AM
Hey lightman is there a link to this story you can show me? if not thats cool.

Because i also feel drained and tired aswell.

LightMan
23rd August 2006, 07:59 PM
Hey lightman is there a link to this story you can show me? if not thats cool.

Because i also feel drained and tired aswell.

I don't know if Robert Bruce has the story in the experiences section of the astraldynamics website but I can tell you what page its on in his Astral Dynamics book - checkout page 487.