PDA

View Full Version : This worked for me.

DarkChylde
14th July 2016, 01:26 AM
I've been doing this over many years and lately noticed it's become so subtle a technique it seems to slip the "procedure" radar.

If you want to go to Brazil and have yourself a time there , then change your passwords to things that either relate to Brazil or you being there.
When typing in the passwords become perfunctory and the association of the meaning of password to it's intent is lost (to whatever account) and it then kind of just fades out , the subconscious then starts processing it.
Takes time and it's an ingrained effort.The caveat here is that you need to undo the option that offers to save your password for that particular site , write the password down yourself each time , till it's second habit.

Worked for a friend , and I knocked it before I tried it , now I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

dontco
14th July 2016, 06:53 AM
Ohhh cool!!! :-) thanx so much for sharing, sounds like a great idea. Maybe it would work in a similiar fashion if we, for example, write it down on a post it note and put it on the compuer screen? Or visualize ourselves typing down the password multiple times, before we fall asleep? until it looses its meaning. It's a good way to affirm something without making the conscious mind conscious of it.

CFTraveler
14th July 2016, 05:37 PM
That is interesting.
If I weren't approaching senility, I'd try it. But you just gave me a good idea.

Timothy
14th July 2016, 06:21 PM
That is interesting.
If I weren't approaching senility, I'd try it. But you just gave me a good idea.

I swear...roflmao. Dats refreshingly cool :cool:

Timothy
14th July 2016, 06:43 PM
DC, I like where you utilized the term "habit", whereas most would have refered to it as second "nature". I reckon one nature is enough, beyond that do habits array. Behaving

Good to see ya ;)