PDA

View Full Version : is possible to visit nirvana?

treyguinn
18th July 2016, 12:41 AM
Is it possible to visit nirvana while astral projecting?

ButterflyWoman
18th July 2016, 02:50 AM
Nirvana is not a place you can visit. It's a state of being, a state of trancendence. Wikipedia actually describes it well and provides a lot of interesting information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana

olyris
12th November 2016, 12:00 AM
Is it possible to visit nirvana while astral projecting?

Nirvana is a place to visit if you want to know you are fully realized. I don't think you can go there before that time. It is flooded with golden light and sounds like Om.

(Can see it in my eye at the moment, looks glorious!)

CFTraveler
13th November 2016, 11:45 PM
That sounds like Shambalah.

ButterflyWoman
14th November 2016, 07:52 AM
https://youtu.be/szm_SbNmK6s

ButterflyWoman
14th November 2016, 07:55 AM
It is flooded with golden light and sounds like Om.
That it, is it? Interesting. I've experienced that on a few occasions, along with a whole host of other "classic" "spiritual" experiences. It was also not related to OBE, especially.

It's quite an experience, for sure, but... Honestly, the farther one travels, the less one knows. ;) I don't personally think experiences, even very interesting ones, are an indicator of anything other than having shared in a universal (if rare) human experience of greater consciousness. (Note: "Think". I don't actually claim to KNOW. It's just my perception, and that's subject to change, or at least, to the illusion of it.)

But, getting back to the original question, it still looks to me like it's a matter of experiencing it, rather than "visiting" it. You could also say you "visit" sleep, of course, but "go to sleep" is a metaphor. "Sleep" isn't a place you can go in a literal sense, but only a poetic one. Then again, metaphors are sometimes a lot more powerful than literal interpretations, so... Who knows?

olyris
14th November 2016, 01:33 PM
it still looks to me like it's a matter of experiencing it, rather than "visiting" it. You could also say you "visit" sleep, of course, but "go to sleep" is a metaphor. "Sleep" isn't a place you can go in a literal sense, but only a poetic one. Then again, metaphors are sometimes a lot more powerful than literal interpretations, so... Who knows?

after I posted that I went out with my dad to a café and I was in nirvana in the real world again. sleep is actually to me becoming a different place, tho. i'm waking up in the mornings thinking "where am I?" maybe any given experience has a vibration that affects space or in other words, every experience is discreet and final, like places. possible I think...

my theory on the astral is that souls are contributing to an overarching sense or judgement which determines or regulates astral experiences. I'm a bit conscious of my role in this it is to be very careful with evil. Robert is a guardian role too, in my life. he let me into a dream once at night which was easily 10x vivid than any others. he was going, "I'm not letting you into the next bit unless you promise to be good." olyris

CFTraveler
15th November 2016, 01:35 AM
https://youtu.be/szm_SbNmK6s Thank you. I've always loved that song.

iknowhere
5th April 2018, 12:06 PM
Nirvana is not a place you can visit. It's a state of being, a state of trancendence.

Yes, nirvana or moksha is a state of mind of knowing.
Knowing what? Knowing the omnipresent stillness that always is. You are that knowing.
However temporary this state may be, you will know that you are free from form, unbounded and beyond space and time.
You will know the true self, the atman.
There is no death. You are life!