PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dream or Astral Projection?

scottybdj
6th August 2016, 02:02 PM
Hello Everyone,
This is all very new to me so please forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject.
I’m curious to seek your opinion about my experiences.
Were these true Astral projections or Lucid dreams?

Many thanks for you replies!

First experience
happened by mistake.
I did not know anything about OBE but used to have very strong vibrations when I was over tired and would
suddenly wake myself up due to being scared. This happened a few times over the years and was considering going to see a doctor to see if there was something wrong. But one day I just thought what is going to happen if I let this feeling go further and then I just remember getting up out of my body, feeling unstable and feeling like I was in a drunk state at the end of my bed with poor vision but I could make out my wife, daughter and my own body, I remember my daughter kicked me that sent me back and woke up. I do remember it clearly. Although very frightening I did feel really good the next day. It felt like I had a really good mental massage or something.

Second experience
After researching on how to do OBE I decided to try it again. This time I got sleep paralysis and was looking at my hand
that seemed to have a blue type glow. I felt stuck and could not get out of body then I could feeling someones had trying to help me, it was not aggressive but it did freak me out so I woke up.

Third experience
After further research I decided to use audio tapes I found on youtube to help calm the mind and then in the afternoon I successfully went in to the Sleep paralysis then loud noises and vibrations in my head. I do remember feeling a little excited and floated right through the wall into my living room. I don’t remember if it was by choice but I manifested my mother there and I think my wife was there also. I held my mothers hand because I miss her and I live in another country. My vision before hand was poor so I asked for clarity and everything became clearer. I then went back into the bedroom and wanted to see my body which was quite clear. I wanted to see myself in a mirror. Although no mirror was present I think I manifested one and took a very clear look at myself. My features remained the same although around my eyes I looked a little distorted and ugly with a pale face. I then decided to return to body by choice and not by fear just to check the system works correctly and woke up. After I woke up my mind kept wanting to go back into OBE state but I did not want to and was challenging to stop it but finally fell into a normal sleep waking up so relaxed and refreshed.

WhiteMonkey
7th August 2016, 07:34 AM
It were probably the early phase of a full blown projection.

In my opinion lucid dreams and projections are basically the same thing just a different state of awareness.

scottybdj
7th August 2016, 12:11 PM
It were probably the early phase of a full blown projection.

In my opinion lucid dreams and projections are basically the same thing just a different state of awareness.

Hi

whitemonkey
Thanks for the insight. I must confess I've never had such vivid experiences in my life.
It does seem to happen after the very loud noise and vibrations in my head start after my body falls asleep and my mind is still awake.

So is it true to say an astral projection is just a powerful vivid dream? As I've seen comments its your conscious mind traveling to the 4th dimension, another world?

Many thanks

WhiteMonkey
7th August 2016, 05:51 PM
The missconseptio is in the word dream which many people see as something 'unreal'.

We think that we experience the dream only in our head but the same is true for our physical 'reality'. So tell me what is more real? :-)

scottybdj
7th August 2016, 10:28 PM
The missconseptio is in the word dream which many people see as something 'unreal'.

We think that we experience the dream only in our head but the same is true for our physical 'reality'. So tell me what is more real? :-)

WOW!

That is such a valid point! and now I'm totally confused which is quite normal for me sometimes:D
Indeed the word dream sounds like a non reality but just by having these recent experiences they are far from non reality.
I'm guessing because I went through the sleep Paralysis and overcame the scary sensation of it the results bring you into a whole new method of dreaming while awake in a sense.
Do you think there are true benefits to continue to induce Astral Projection/Lucid dreaming? just a thought!

WhiteMonkey
8th August 2016, 04:06 PM
Yes. Im my opinion it is one of the must have skill for this time. It should be that everyone knows how to do it just like driving a bike. The benefits are extreme.

CFTraveler
9th August 2016, 04:40 PM
The way I see it, if there is an exit or a conscious entry into an experience, it's either an OBE (the one with an exit from your body) or an astral projection (the one with an entry into an experience.)
If you wake up in an experience it's a dream. If you realize you're dreaming, it now becomes lucid.

scottybdj
15th August 2016, 04:54 AM
Hi there,
This is really useful information, thank you so much.

I had a strange experience happen to me this morning that I would like to share. I was trying to induce sleep Paralysis last night for about 2 hours. I got to the point of a buzzy numb body but could not shift to the point

where your mind splits, I guess the point your body falls asleep completely. Then I fell asleep and then this morning I woke up in sleep Paralysis and I could feel something was attached to me and could hear this

really loud sucking noise that sounded exactly like a dog licking or eating. It was holding me whatever it was and I have read some things about these experiences, something like shadow being?

I just fought it off and didn't agree to feel this experience and it disappeared then I came out of Paralysis. I was wide awake in the whole experience but my eyes closed. Any idea's of what actually happened to me?

Is it safe to continue? many thanks in advance for your expert opinion.

CFTraveler
15th August 2016, 04:50 PM
I believe it was a reentry sensation, a 'dweller on the threshold' experience. Since you were unconscious, your subconscious mind was creating something to explain the energetic sensations you were having.
Reading this might help you.
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?3522-Your-First-Conscious-Projection

WhiteMonkey
15th August 2016, 08:11 PM
You did well you fought it off. As long as you keep calm you are doing well. It is safe for you to go on and experience more. You seem to have a talent.

scottybdj
18th August 2016, 02:11 PM
Hi there,
Thank you very much. Yes I had a read from your link and in does make some sense now. I just find it totally amazing that we as humans are capable of such phenomena.
I'm really interested to see where it all leads and I'm sure I can learn so much from the experiences. I'm having one problem that maybe you could shed some light on.
Most evening if the feeling is right I will go into meditation and get to the point where my body is feeling numb and I know I'm close to the shift but unfortunately I just fall asleep. It's pretty frustrating!
Would you have any tips to stop that from happening? My past 4 successful experiences it was very obvious as I hear this really loud noise with amazing vibrations which fade and then I'm in.
I tend to try when I'm ready for bed, mornings and afternoons if time permits. Many thanks for your advise.

scottybdj
18th August 2016, 02:19 PM
Thank you for your kind reply.
Talent I'm not so sure haha! but I'm gonna do my best to continue, just these sensations seem so real so i guess it's gonna take time to block/ignore any negative vibes that try to enter the situation.

CFTraveler
19th August 2016, 03:46 PM
If you are feeling very sleepy when you start to feel the sensations going, use your imagination to keep awake- imagine some repetitive movement you have done before, like watering the lawn, something that occupies your mind so it doesn't drift off. If falling asleep is a real problem, move your practice to very early in the morning, around two hours before the regular wakeup time, which will help, because you will already be relaxed, but since you've already slept, you won't fall asleep so easily.
My best experiences have happened very early in the morning.

scottybdj
20th August 2016, 09:42 AM
After a night of a few meditation sessions and taking tips on visualization techniques to stop me falling asleep before sleep paralysis fully kicked in I finally went into what I think was the astral plane/OBE in the morning of the 20th of august 2016. I heard really high angelic singing, I could here myself breathing very clearly and I stopped my breathing to test if it was my breathing and the breathing stopped so for me this this was confirmation it was my breath. Then found when I left my body it jumped out pretty fast with no difficulty, this time I felt myself hovering in my room and spinning around slowly and it just felt amazing in a word, I thought I saw a dark image with human shape with me in the room but completely ignored it. Then I went straight through my bedroom wall into my living room and remember my room looking quite different but I can’t remember the real details of it. It was daytime in real time and I decided to fly out of my window.I noticed several normal looking beings sitting on my apartment washing line on the 4th floor of my apartment just chatting which was really funny to me. I continued to fly but I kept falling as if gravity was pulling me down so I focus on stabilizing and went into hover again. I live in a high rise area in Shanghai and although the positions of the buildings were correct the structures did seem different much older looking I would say. I then found myself back in my body and opened my eyes thought about the experience and went to normal sleep. The clarity was good, maybe 80% and everything seemed to be accelerated. I do not know if this was a true Astral Projection/OBE or a lucid dream to be completely honest. The experience was very short but just mind blowing. Thank you so much for your solid advice.