PDA

View Full Version : Day 2: Help needed with body energy stimulation

Charles
13th August 2006, 08:09 AM
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here. I bought both Astral Dynamics and Mastering Astral Projection books several days ago. I'm more than determined to see for myself what an OBE truly is.

So yeah, I'm on my second day and experience some difficulties with the body energy stimulation technique. I can barely "feel" my body, let alone reproduce an action with my mind (brushing action for exemple). The moment my finger doesn't touch the skin, it's over, I loose the body awareness. Am I supposed to actually feel the action or it is just a visualising technique?

Any suggestions?

Look foward to share some more with you guys.

Akashic_Librarian
13th August 2006, 08:32 AM
Hey, welcome to the forums :)
Yeah this is tactile imaging so you have to "Feel" it, do you have your eyes closed? Most people find it helpful at the start of the program to look at where they want to stimulate, then do the actions in their mind. After a while though you should stop looking.

Are yo usaying you can't feel it AT ALL? Because that is very rare, you should be able to feel something. Keep racticing is my advice, if after a few more days you get NO response then post again, maybe a Mod or Robert could help you more. :)

Charles
13th August 2006, 08:56 AM
Hey, welcome to the forums :)
Yeah this is tactile imaging so you have to "Feel" it, do you have your eyes closed? Most people find it helpful at the start of the program to look at where they want to stimulate, then do the actions in their mind. After a while though you should stop looking.

Are yo usaying you can't feel it AT ALL? Because that is very rare, you should be able to feel something. Keep racticing is my advice, if after a few more days you get NO response then post again, maybe a Mod or Robert could help you more. :)

Thanks for replying Akashic!

I actually can feel something, but it is vey faint, laid back. I have to focus hard to be aware of it.

Ok, time to try the action with open eyes.
Cheers

Charles
14th August 2006, 02:01 PM
Ok I've been experience the body Energy Stimulation technique with my eyes open while simulating the action with my finger 1 inch above the skin. I can actually feel something, but then again...the sensation is faint. Closing my eyes isn't a problem either as long as I keep simulating with my finger. On the other hand, once I stop using my finger, I can't get my mind to feel the action. Anyway, I guess it will come in time with practice.

On a side note, since I began the MAP program, I wake up at weird hours...like 3am to 5am. Anyone experienced it?

Akashic_Librarian
15th August 2006, 09:18 AM
Deleted by Moi for poor grammer that I couldn't be bothered changing :)

Akashic_Librarian
15th August 2006, 09:19 AM
Its the increased levles of energy, it means for a while you don't need as much sleep (But try and get the recommened 9 lol)

[# Excuse my bad grammer in my other post, I was tired :) #]

CFTraveler
15th August 2006, 02:24 PM
A couple of points: First, yes, you should feel something, but not necessarily with the intensity of the physical touch. A tingling, humming, pumping or warm feeling in the area is an indicator that you are moving energy. The intensity of the feeling varies due to many factors: your own sensitivity, blockages, what kind of day you're having, and expectation. So don't feel that you are 'underachieving'- if you feel anything, then something is happening.

Second point: When you do awareness exercises, such as dream recall, which is part of the MAP program, it temporarily messes with your usual sleep patterns, because of the increased awareness- after all, one of your goals is to reach and maintain the body asleep/mind awake state, and in a normal sleep pattern there are 4 hour cycles- everyone wakes up slightly every 4 hours, but go back in deep and most don't remember that period. But when you actively increase the awareness, guess what? Now you are more aware and actually wake up enough to realize you're awake.
btw- that is an excellent time to trance, 'cause you're already there.
Happy traveling!
CF.

beatles
15th August 2006, 05:21 PM
Dear charles
I've also started MAP 6 days ago and I'm really enjoying it.
I think that one of the best ways of following the program is being determined to achieve the goal and taking it easy at same time :)

Keep the faith and good luck.

Charles
15th August 2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks a lot guys for your input!!

CFTraveler, your explanation makes a lot of sense, thanks for the infos!

CraigS
16th August 2006, 10:59 PM
im having trouble stimulating the energy body as well, im on day 3 of MAP. I barely feel anything but im hoping the more I try it the stronger the sensation will be, or at least im hoping that is what happens... :lol:

Charles
17th August 2006, 11:40 AM
Keep practicing until you feel it CraigS. As Brian said in the suggestions, try to simulate the action with your finger, eyes closed if you can. It's really helping me right now...

Btw, anybody knows if it's ok to keep simulating with the finger (eyes closed) or one truly need to do it with the body awareness pointer only as he progress with the exercices?

CFTraveler
17th August 2006, 12:26 PM
Eventually you'll have to stop using the finger- the finger is only a tool to use to remember the sensation from. However, unless I'm told otherwise, use it until you feel comfortable. And remember, strong sensation is not always the best thing, although it makes it easier.
RB says:
Practice this technique until you can trace a pathway to anywhere on your body with a point of body awareness alone, feeling your way along the surface of your skin without having to follow a manually highlighted pathway. Please rub and scratch and highlight, however, as often and for as long as you need to while learning this technique. - NEW tutorial, Mobile Body Awareness.
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=6

Charles
17th August 2006, 07:41 PM
Eventually you'll have to stop using the finger- the finger is only a tool to use to remember the sensation from. However, unless I'm told otherwise, use it until you feel comfortable. And remember, strong sensation is not always the best thing, although it makes it easier.
RB says:
Practice this technique until you can trace a pathway to anywhere on your body with a point of body awareness alone, feeling your way along the surface of your skin without having to follow a manually highlighted pathway. Please rub and scratch and highlight, however, as often and for as long as you need to while learning this technique. - NEW tutorial, Mobile Body Awareness.
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=6

Cool thanks again for the infos. It's weird though, the moment I stop tracing the path with my finger, it's like the brain can't trace the action by itself. I noticed too that my eyes instincly moves in a :roll: kind of way under the closed eyelid. Anyway, guess I need more practice. Thanks again for your precious comments.

BriMercer
17th August 2006, 10:39 PM
One of the effects of continued energy work is becoming more sensitive to energy movement through your body. Sometimes the energy work sensations don’t get stronger, per se, you just become more tuned into them.

Keep practicing. If you’re having trouble by the end of Week 2, keep practicing the routine given on Day 14 for a while, until you feel comfortable with the process.

Hope that helps!

Brian Mercer

Charles
18th August 2006, 03:41 AM
One of the effects of continued energy work is becoming more sensitive to energy movement through your body. Sometimes the energy work sensations don’t get stronger, per se, you just become more tuned into them.

Keep practicing. If you’re having trouble by the end of Week 2, keep practicing the routine given on Day 14 for a while, until you feel comfortable with the process.

Hope that helps!

Brian Mercer

Hi Brian!

Thanks for poping-in and giving some advice. Cheers!