PDA

View Full Version : Falling Backwards=OBE?

CraigS
16th August 2006, 11:08 PM
I remember reading that when you are lucid dreaming that if you fall backwards that you will have an obe has anyone tried this? I would but I dont have alot of lucid dreams.

CFTraveler
17th August 2006, 12:28 PM
I have tried it and it didn't work for me. The only thing that happened is that I wondered if I was really dreaming, as I fell.
The few times that I've OBE'd out of a lucid dream, was by wishing myself back to my body(with the intention of OB'ing), and there I was, then the vibes came and I left my body consciously.

CraigS
17th August 2006, 08:16 PM
Ok thanks CFT

Neg
17th August 2006, 09:42 PM
this is how i experienced my first OBE. I was dreaming I was out skating on the street i live on. I had decided i wanted to skate down the driveway, so i walked up and noticed i had a jacket on. it came to me that this was an old jacket that i never wore anymore, and realized i was dreaming. i wanted to have some lucid fun, but the dream started to fade fast. i rememberd reading that if i spinned in place, i would stay in the dream. so, i stated to spin - while i was on the very edge of the driveway. i fell over clumsily and started rolling down the driverway and BAM! i hear all this wooshing noise and i start falling through the ground and keep falling and falling and then i saw the top of my house and fell through the roof and it slowed down and i thought i had entered my body. i was still rolling from the momentum of the driveway and, at the time, i wasn't sure if i was awake or dreaming. so, as a test, i thought to myself i'd let myself keep rolling - and if i fall off my bed, then i am awake. i know it sounds a bit strange, but that's that's what i was thinking at the time. i rolled off my bed and got up. when i went to get back in bed, there was someone there. i thought, "who the heck is in my bed?". i went to turn to get a better look, but instead the guy in the bed turned. i was shocked, but instead of my eyes peeling wide open - his did. at that moment i realized i was him and iw as outside my body and i snapped back into him. i woke up and still heard some wooshing noise, i think. this experience was different from any other OBE/AP experience i've had in the fact that everything had a greyish hue to it.

CFTraveler
18th August 2006, 03:06 PM
Ok thanks CFT Please don't take my answer as some sort of gospel truth- just because it doesn't work for me it doesn't mean it won't work for you.
As a side note, spinning has never worked for me either- it just became uncontrollable (hard to stop) but it didn't take me out anywhere.
Different strokes....

CraigS
18th August 2006, 06:51 PM
I didnt mean it as in I wasnt going to try it, but that it didnt work for you. I posted to see how many other people have tried this and if it worked. I was thanking you for the imput :) .

stargazer
17th October 2006, 12:29 AM
I have tried falling forward, and it definitely causes an energetic shift of some kind. :D It has either made my dream much more lucid, or I've woken myself up with massive energetic sensations tingling throughout me. And in one case I had a short astral trip to my kitchen in the RTZ.
Falling backwards has only caused my dream scenario to change.

Some people recommend jumping off a cliff.

I think that it's essentially the momentum that's important... causing enough of a feeling of "falling" that you trick your astral body into shifting out. I found that it helped if I fell forward with a lot of intention and really revved up my energy before I did it.