PDA

View Full Version : william atkinson

buttercup
2nd May 2017, 09:16 AM
I was on amazon searching for books to read and this author came up. The books look just like my kind of read. I am surprised though I haven't come across it sooner. Has anyone read anything by this author?

Malathion
2nd May 2017, 01:18 PM
Yes, absolutely!

He's a well known and celebrated author on a variety of esoteric subjects. His work is dated from the early 1900's but is still of practical value today. You may be interested in reading an excellent book known as the "Kybalion" he wrote under the pen-name the "Three Initiates". It discusses the Hermetic understanding of the structure of reality and the natural properties that it contains in it. Although the use of language seems old-fashioned, It is an extremely direct and to-the-point style of writing.. I Highly recommended it if you're starting with his works.

Cheers,
- Malathion.

Timothy
2nd May 2017, 01:29 PM
Yes, he also authored under other pseudo names, yogi ramacharaka...others too. Good reads...metaphysical bookstores carry his books.

dontco
4th May 2017, 04:22 PM
Oh, yes, he's very well known and lovely and his works are available online, for free (they're pretty old). I downloaded a few, but I haven't read them yet, since I've got too many other books on my list (I think I'm currently reading 3 books all at the same time, lol).
:rolling:

Sinera
4th May 2017, 06:13 PM
I feel reminded that I had started the Kybalion a few years ago but never finished although it was an interesting read. Maybe should take it up again (have it as pdf, it's for free on the internet anyway, e.g. here http://www.kybalion.org/TheKybalion.pdf).