PDA

View Full Version : Eating and Energy Work

CraigS
17th August 2006, 10:34 PM
How long after you eat can you do energy work? Like eating a small meal compared to eating a large meal. I would figure about 2 hours but I wanted to know.

wstein
18th August 2006, 04:16 AM
As far as I know it does not matter. Obviously it is hard to do both at the same time due to distraction.

The only issue might be if you feel sleepy after eating. This would make it diffucult to maintain a trance without falling asleep.

CraigS
18th August 2006, 06:45 AM
I was wondering because Robert Bruce states that energy work after you eat is very hard to do since alot of your energy goes into digesting the food.

Rhone
18th August 2006, 11:38 AM
You should be able to do energy work at any time, since it can be done without requiring deep physical relaxation. However, physical relaxation does contribute to being able to move more energy and feel it better.

After you eat, your body is working on digesting, and this will inhibit any attempt to project. I thought that RB's comment about food was in relation to projection, not general energy work, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Anyway, if you are scheduling times for doing serious energy work, it would probably be best to do it no less than 1-2 hours after a meal. That's roughly how long it takes to digest.

18th August 2006, 12:53 PM
How long after you eat can you do energy work? Like eating a small meal compared to eating a large meal. I would figure about 2 hours but I wanted to know.

In some hermetic practices you can input willpower and energy into the food you are eating as a training exercise. Check out Franz Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics for the specific exercise.

CFTraveler
18th August 2006, 03:08 PM

In some hermetic practices you can input willpower and energy into the food you are eating as a training exercise. Check out Franz Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics for the specific exercise. I believe this is the reasoning behind saying grace before eating- blessing your food.

Akashic_Librarian
18th August 2006, 05:34 PM
I noticed that recently I have upped the ffort on my energy work alot and my appetite has gone up tremendously. I crave carbohydrates and I never had a problem with this before. does anybody experience this?

violetsky
18th August 2006, 08:23 PM
Dear Akashic_Librarian,

Yup this happens to me. E-work definitely increases my appetite. Fortunately I have not put on any weight as a result. It seems to increase my metabolism as well.

Best Wishes,
violetsky

Rayson
18th August 2006, 10:11 PM
Sometimes this is a matter of individual affect. For some people, they may find that doing heavy energy work after eating is harder, or causes indigestion of some sort. Since none of the potential side effects are severe, I'd recommend playing around with it yourself in order to determine if you are effected, or not. Otherwise, I'd say after eating a normal-sized meal (not an American 18 lb steak sort of meal), 1-1.5 hours is good enough; wait 2-2.5 if you are doing some real intense energy work.

Just my thoughts (I'm not an expert here :P )

Blue Mage
20th August 2006, 03:34 PM
You can do energy work whenever you want. When you take in food or drink, you are taking in energy. When you breathe, you are taking in energy. The thing is, it is best not to try to make use of that energy after a full meal, like try to make an OBE attempt, lucid dream, perform magic, something like that, since that energy will be diminished by your hard-working digestive system.

Rayson
20th August 2006, 06:43 PM
My only other thoughts are that if you do not know how to work a fully balanced energy system, putting too much energy or not enough into digestion can affect your body's ability to properly break down the food. I know I for one have overcharged my system before and caused by intenstines to become overactive. That leads to bad things (-;

TonyC
23rd August 2006, 06:51 AM
Avoid eating a heavy meal before energy work practice. Digestion takes a lot of energy and after a big meal the energy body virtually shuts down for a while. For this reason, energy work and other OBE-related exercises are more difficult if undertaken within an hour or so of a heavy meal. If you must eat immediately before practice, a light meal is recommended. (Mastering Astral Projection, page 14 first paragraph)
So CraigS was a little correct but a little wrong as well all Robert states is that eatting a Heavy Meal makes it much harder to do energy work within an hour of eating it. But you can do energy work...
Just restarting MAP from the begining again with a few people so i might stick with it :oops: Im no expert or anything, but we all started somewhere. Want to join our small group Craig we are starting day 1 today.

Best Wishes,
Tony C.

Rayson
23rd August 2006, 06:25 PM
Wrong or right... I tend to lean toward it being somewhat individual (-; Less black, more grey. Perhaps even a little color... my people do like color, right PHG (*wink wink)
{personal joke}

Pilar
29th August 2006, 07:52 PM
You may be interested in experimenting with the raw food diet. Check out "SunFood Success Diet" by David Wolfe and "Raw Power" by Steven Arlin, as well as research by Dr. Gabriel Cousens. This is a movement that uses diet to increase spiritual realization. The theory in a nutshell is that what you ingest affects your vibration/energy. For example, in yoga practice, one is encouraged to abstain from meat and alcohol because they attract lower-energy beings and lower your own vibration, making it harder for you to raise your energy to higher levels. The raw food movement takes it much further, and these folks are achieving really high states of energy and spiritual insight by eating only raw plant food. I've been experimenting with it. It's very interesting. Causes major changes, fast developments, rapid detoxification and major shifts in perception.

Just to throw that out there for anyone who's interested.
Pilar