PDA

View Full Version : Exercise: Encouraging Dream Recall

enoch
19th August 2006, 12:30 PM
A simple but effective waking exercise for increasing recall:-

1. Sit back and relax (you know the score, do some breathin' or visualisation..whatever turns you on). This is meant to be carried out in any situation so it doesn't involve you doing anything elaborate like wearing funny clothing (or non atall) or making strange noises.

2. Simply allow your thoughts, ideals, visions to pass by you. Imagine you're travelling through a void and your thoughts and feelings are like celestial bodies flashing past you.

3. Now, this is the trigger...what makes the exercise worthwhile and constructive in encouraging recall in the long-term. While the thought bodies are flashing by you, simply ask the question: Which of these have been dreams?/i]

4. After a few moments, visions, thoughts, feelings and such that [i]have been in your dreams, will begin to slow down and present themselves to you slow-mo!

Stop and admire the view, float around and relish in the memory of the dream and smiiile!

That's all you need to do. After a week, just start doing this exercise as soon as you awake in the mornings. :P

Akashic_Librarian
19th August 2006, 05:46 PM
Thats cool. I find I have naturally good recall anyway, so it would't be much good to me. People always ask me how I could have such long dreams, I guess they just don't remember theirs.

enoch
20th August 2006, 02:12 PM
I envy you. I have to try real hard to remember. It's great when I do experience the odd occasion of great recall...but, yeah, it would be great to be able to awake each morning and fondly remember all ma dreams. This excersis is helping a little.

Do you have any tips?

CFTraveler
20th August 2006, 03:51 PM
When I have a dream 'on the tip of my tongue', so to speak, I lay on my pillow with my cheek on it- for some reason it seems to bring them back.

Akashic_Librarian
20th August 2006, 06:55 PM
I find looking up into the middle of my forehead (where the Third Eye is situated,) with my eyes closed helps dream recall. Also a dream journal and whilst doing your morning ritual playing back anything you do remember about the dream. This stimulates memories :)

enoch
20th August 2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks for that. I do keep a dream diary (admittedly I am selective about what I record) and it did help. I suppose a 3 year old child waking me every morning won't do much for my recall, especially when I'm contemplating a little quiet time but find myself dressed, dragged down the stairs, and doing jigsaws by 6.30am :lol: