PDA

View Full Version : Book: The Alchemist

Quantitativefool
19th July 2005, 01:47 AM
I just read this book a few days ago and was wondering if anyone else had? It presented alot of very unique and interstings topics in a very direct and simple way. I believe this would be worthwhile for people to read and discuss. Please add any comments.

Hopefully,
-Stu

nparker
19th July 2005, 02:53 AM
Hi Quantitativefool...
Some data is required prior to do an adequate critic: author, editorial, edition year, ISBN...
Sincerely,
Natalia Parker

sash
19th July 2005, 05:25 AM
Title: The Alchemist (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0062502182/qid=1121749998/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-8647356-7429440?v=glance&s=books)
Author: Paulo Coelho (http://www.paulocoelho.com.br/engl/bio.shtml)
Published: May 10, 1995
ISBN: 0062502182
Editorial:

...Even the ancient tribal storytellers knew that this is the most successful method of entertaining an audience while slipping in a lesson or two. Brazilian storyteller Paulo Coehlo introduces Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who one night dreams of a distant treasure in the Egyptian pyramids ...

I also enjoyed this book. Its been a while since I read it and I will probably read it again. It is quite a short read, the novel perspective is very different in its approach to other books of similar genres. Some of his other books are also quite good.

PS Quantitativefool you can copy and paste the data above to publication data above to your original post so it is at the top of the thread. Good idea on the format nparker.

Warm Regards,
Alex

David Mustardseed
19th July 2005, 09:09 AM
Enjoyed it as well

sash
20th July 2005, 07:05 AM
Has anyone read any of his other books?

I would rate the ones I have read as the following:
The Alchemist - 4/5
Veronika Decides to Die - 4.5/5
11 Minutes - 3.5/5
Warrior of the Light -- This one is a collection of inspirational and spiritual quotes, its nice to have handy.

You can find all of these at Amazon by searching the author btw.

Warm Regards,
Alex

Astralsailor
23rd July 2005, 07:42 PM
Has anyone read any of his other books?

I would rate the ones I have read as the following:
The Alchemist - 4/5
Veronika Decides to Die - 4.5/5
11 Minutes - 3.5/5
Warrior of the Light -- This one is a collection of inspirational and spiritual quotes, its nice to have handy.

You can find all of these at Amazon by searching the author btw.

Warm Regards,
Alex

Definetly worth reading and listening to :)
Paulo choela (wrong spelled) Is one of my favorites anyway