PDA

View Full Version : Memories of the afterlife? Hell ? Hidden reminders ?

LightMan
22nd August 2006, 10:14 PM
I have these memories that go way back to what I could describe as the earliest times of my life and where either just dreams or actual memories of the afterlife/heaven. I remember standing in front of a wall of books that were all the same size but had different patterned spines and styles. My brother looks much older than what he did (as he was 7 when I was born) and pulled out this book in front of me. He smiled and told me that "its going to be good this" and I knew straight away that he was referring to my life. I had other short snippets of dreams that I had growing up of being in a large library and meeting other people there as well but I never understood them. I really don't know if that was some kind of experience relating to the Akashic Records but I had feelings that I was in heaven when I think back to these dreams. I also had a vague recollection of being in a blue sky with music playing too but I don't remember anything else. All I seem to have are fragments of these memories that are trying to tell me something and they have only resurfaced over the last few years since I got my "spark" back and began my spiritual journey.

Another alarming (dream ?) experience I had was when I was around age 6. I remember being pulled down, far into the Earth. As I decended I could see the blackness around me and the farther I went the more bright red/yellow the rock became. Then I find myself in what looks like a large cave with stallagtites and stallagmites all around me. I was then pulled downwards again even more sharply and I find myself in a vere large open area with walls and a ceiling of rock. There was a large lake of magma bubbling on the floor. There were levels of walkways with these disgusting creatures walking on them. Hung above the walkways were people with hooks embedded in them that secured them to the above level and there were what looked like wolf-like creatures hung on these hooks too. I looked around the whole scene and there appeared to be many of these levels that appeared to go around the large open area. Right in the middle of the lake was like a large rocky patrusion that extended far out and above the middle of the lake. Perched near the edge of the end was this was a large boney-looking black seat with this huge beast sitting in it. I was then pulled right up towards this beast and although its features were all dark grey and black I looked up to its head and I could see its face. It looked very human, but had a beard and deep set laughter lines and eyes. Whatever this was, the devil probably, it knew that I was there and it looked right at me and began laughing at me. The next thing I remember I was pulled back upwards through the rock and then I woke-up. I have never forgot this dream and although I had been loosely told about hell I had no clue what it looked like nor had I read the bible (I still haven't) but I have always remembered the feelings on waking that it was a lesson showing me where the bad people go when they pass over.

What I'm thinking right now is that the hell scenario could have been a visit to the lower astral realms or something but I don't know at this stage. Its a very powerful memory, I just hope I don't have nightmares about it in the coming days.

I have had other dreams in recent years that were focused on heaven itself and have not seen that hellish scene or anything like it since I was a child. I've hardly done anything bad in my life at all and I'm getting the feeling that these heavenly dreams are just reminders of where I will end up if I keep making the good choices in life.

Akashic_Librarian
23rd August 2006, 10:16 AM
The first bit sounds likethe Akashic Library.

24th August 2006, 12:18 AM
Hi LightMan,
All of your experiences sound to me like various places in the astral. No one is forced into hell. We create what we expect and are drawn to it at physical death. When people create a hell for themselves, they eventually recognize (usually with the help of their Higher Self) that they don't have to stay there, and move on.

The first part of your post sounds like the planning that people go through before incarnating. Very, very similar to hypnotherapy regressions to the spirit world.

If you like to read books, check out Michael Newton's and Robert Monroe's. They both talk about the same experiences you've described. Newton's from a past life and spirit world regressionist's experiences and Monroe's from astral traveling to the various places in the astral. Different perspectives of the same information obtained completely different ways. Fascinating!

violetsky
24th August 2006, 01:59 AM
Dear LightMan,

I agree with Painterhypnogirl - Micheal Newton comes highly recommend.

Newton's books: Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls are considered top notch.

Another excellent author in this field is Brian Weiss.

LightMan
24th August 2006, 09:05 PM
RE: Painterhypnogirl

Thankyou for your reply. Its always great to have other peoples' input on my experiences. I met someone once who wasn't very well and she was convinced that she had been a bad mother and was going to go to hell. No matter what I said I could not convince her otherwise. I hope that if she is drawn to such a place at death that she isn't there for long.
My father believes that nothing happens to us when we die so I told him what my chemistry teacher used to say, "Everything has to come from somewhere and everything has to go somewhere" - my father shrugged his shoulders at that because in science it is the truth. I can't help but scratch my head at the Big Bang theory though. I think that's what the teacher was referring to in his lesson that day. I think it holds true for the conciousness/spirit/soul of a person as well. That's one of the reasons why I believe in re-incarnation and the afterlife.

My uncle also arrested a few years ago and he said it looked like a TV being switched off with everything going into a point of light. He didn't recall anything else though, but maybe if he had an OBE afterwards the memories where simply not downloaded properly.

Very interesting comment there on the planning before incarnation. I will have to read about that as I have a few links to NDE websites that have links on such material that I have yet to read.

RE: violetsky

I will have a look on amazon for the books that you both recommended for me to read. I appreciate the suggestions :D.