PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, Riders of The Shadowlands !

MondEgo
13th October 2018, 08:21 PM
When between the shadows strolling,
Always watch for any trap
'Cause the courtain that is falling
Is in fact... just going up !

Nice to find you. Please accept this little poetry of mine - along with my wannabe ​presence.

Sinera
14th October 2018, 03:12 PM
Welcome! Nice poetry.
:toast:

MondEgo
27th October 2018, 12:43 PM
Thank you, Sinera - for liking my poetry, and for being the first (and only) member to respond my salute.
And to underline that, here is another little try, inspired by your avatar:

When you hold that little lute
Gently pinching all its strings
Not just that you're looking cute
But your psyche gets its wings...

And to be more clear - poetry is not for presenting myself as some kind of a "romantic wanderer"... hahahaa...but it's a tool. A very efficient one, I might add, when dealing with the Astral Realms.
Like songs also, poems caress the subconscious, awakening the right hemisphere's potential - vital in understanding the...Shadowlands.

Thanks again, and I look forward to exchange other thoughts with you.2426

susan
27th October 2018, 05:42 PM
Oops sorry MondEgo, Missed your greetings post.
Belated but a sincere Welcome to the forum.
Yes I agree with Sinera, nice poetry. Communication is always nicer I feel when it is received via a song or a small delicate rhyme. I tried to magnify the words printed above titled Midnight Sun but couldnt make it out. Would be interested in reading it if possible.

MondEgo
28th October 2018, 08:54 AM
Thank you also, Susan. Better late than never - it applies to welcoming, too.
The Midnight Sun poem does not belong to any famous writer, but to a couple of native americans. It was part of a cultural collection back in 1988, and the drawing was made by the poet's lover (the names being so strange, I can't tell who was the "he" or the "she").

To expand my opinion, poetry works best not when addressing to the right hemisphere only, but when reaches both sides of the brain (simultaneously). The japanese haiku is, therefore, an excelent form, 'cause it combines feelings and heart, along with analytical efforts required by rhyme, rythm, limited syllables and letters. This forces both hemispheres to work together, sort like a " dual-core" CPU.

I attach an inlarged version of the poem, and if it's still unreadible, I'll write the text in a P.M.2428

IA56
28th October 2018, 09:21 AM
Hi MondEgo :heart:.

I am also interested to know how the poem goes, I canĀ“t read it eighder.
Welcom to the site.

Love
ia

Thank you also, Susan. Better late than never - it applies to welcoming, too.
The Midnight Sun poem does not belong to any famous writer, but to a couple of native americans. It was part of a cultural collection back in 1988, and the drawing was made by the poet's lover (the names being so strange, I can't tell who was the "he" or the "she").

To expand my opinion, poetry works best not when addressing to the right hemisphere only, but when reaches both sides of the brain (simultaneously). The japanese haiku is, therefore, an excelent form, 'cause it combines feelings and heart, along with analytical efforts required by rhyme, rythm, limited syllables and letters. This forces both hemispheres to work together, sort like a " dual-core" CPU.

I attach an inlarged version of the poem, and if it's still unreadible, I'll write the text in a P.M.2428

CFTraveler
28th October 2018, 07:52 PM
Loved it.

MondEgo
31st October 2018, 08:27 PM
The text of the poem - requested by IA56:

My ephemeral beauty
Dancing into my life
After so many years
And then leaving me
So strangely as you came

My mystic lady
Of childhood dreams
Has returned to haunt me
I thought you'd left
As you said you would

Yet now I see
The things I loved
Before me
Embodied in a lithe
Young figure
Of a western cree

That being clarified, I consider myself welcomed, and I thank you (all) again.

IA56
1st November 2018, 06:35 AM
The text of the poem - requested by IA56:

My ephemeral beauty
Dancing into my life
After so many years
And then leaving me
So strangely as you came

My mystic lady
Of childhood dreams
Has returned to haunt me
I thought you'd left
As you said you would

Yet now I see
The things I loved
Before me
Embodied in a lithe
Young figure
Of a western cree

That being clarified, I consider myself welcomed, and I thank you (all) again.

Thank you MondEgo,
What does the Word cree mean? Is there Another Word for it....??

Love
ia

MondEgo
1st November 2018, 08:57 PM
"Cree" is another name for a native american tribe (algonquin, I think) located in the XVIII-th century somewhere between US and Canada.
It relates to the authors being (probably) of the same origin.
The drawing is more interesting, suggesting a duality (mind and soul).

IA56
2nd November 2018, 06:09 AM
"Cree" is another name for a native american tribe (algonquin, I think) located in the XVIII-th century somewhere between US and Canada.
It relates to the authors being (probably) of the same origin.
The drawing is more interesting, suggesting a duality (mind and soul).

Thank you MondEgo,

That make sense, I got very strong sensation that Word pointed to a lake becoming a river.....Yes the painting is very interesting too.

Love
ia