PDA

View Full Version : Need help with kundalini exercises

earthyarien
25th August 2006, 02:43 PM
HI EVERYONE,

I am so glad to have stumbled onto this site, and wish to read as much as I can. I have been practising Reiki for about 10 years nowand find it extremely satisfying spiritually and emotionally.

Although I have not worked with many people as such and worked mostly with family and friends and maximum with myself ,but I still realise that there are many limitations that I face.

Maybe I will find some answers here. I have recently started exercises on the net that are used for awakening the firey serpent, the kundalini,but, I think that I am either doing some thing wrong or just not doing them correctly as I have started having immense bodyache especially, in my legs and toes and by evening there is a lot of swelling around my ankles.

All the tests and checkups show nothing is wrong so I thought maybe these exercises are making me sick.
Please guide me if anyone can.

Here are the exercise rituals which I am pasting in original form from the book that I am reading:--

"Stand with your feet a little apart.Face north. Raise your arms to each side until they are horizontal and pointing up. Close your eyes and take ten deep breaths. Slowly sweep yours arms up until your palms are together above your head arms as straight as possible. Move your hands back , lift your chin, inhale and arch your back as much as you can.

Begin to breath out and, straighten up, and bring your hands slowly down to your side. Take three deep breaths as your hands reach your sides and bring your feet together and open your eyes."

This seems like a very simple ritual but , whenever I do it my back has such a strong vibration that I can barely hold the arching position for 3 to 5 seconds and that is it.

I read some place that if the Kundalini is awakened then it can be a very painful thing, so I am confused . Is my kundalini awakening?

Help anyone!!

Thank you , CFTraveler, for suggesting to repost my message here, I hope to find more replies.

25th August 2006, 05:05 PM
Hey,

From what I discerned you were just doing a stretch and holding it. Theres no doubt this is helpful if yo uwant to awaken your kundalini but I can't see it happening on it's own with that one exercise or ritual.

I would read some of Robert's work to see his opnion on the serpent of fire, he comes from quite a different angle than most people. In my opnion in seems the most plausible angle too :p

I haven't raised my kundalini yet on my own but I am working towards that. The imporatn thing here is to not rush it. It can take up to 10 years if you've had no prior spiritual experience. Having done reiki for several years will most likely shorten this time frame.

If you've like to begin work on the kundalini path I suggest a combination of these exercises (building up to make them all a part of a daily practice[not necessarily each one every day but a combination of them morning and evening]).

-energy work and chakra development http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=18 This is a lnk to Robert's NEW energy ways which is the most progressive energy development exercises I ahve ever come across.

-physical fitness (this isn't anything extreme just perhaps a bit of yoga to keep the body flexible and maintain good posture especially with the spine, working on some breathing techniques, plus a strictly healthy diet avoiding ([excessive] caffein, alcohol, sugars, othwer intoxicants and trying to eat mostly organic foods)

-meditation/concentration exercises: increasing the amount of time you can focus on one idea or train of thought.

-keeping track of your spiritual progress in a journal

-studying and exploring new exercises and philosophies pertaining to raising kundalini.

-caution when experiencing difficulty or any pain that isn't normal and stopping all activities until your energy bodies have calmed down and caught up with your development.

You will need to have cleared up every single negative character trait and habits you have collected in this and past lifetimes because when you raise kundalini if any negativity is left in your being it will be brought right up to your consiousness right at the moment of the rising. If there is a lot of issues boiling up at once this can cause severe psychosis but this shouldn't be a problem if you have taken all the precautions and DONE THE WORK. It is about devotion to bettering yourself in every way you possibly can.

Hope this helps.

Aunt Clair
23rd September 2006, 03:39 AM
...I have recently started exercises on the net that are used for awakening the firey serpent, the kundalini,but, I think that I am either doing some thing wrong or just not doing them correctly as I have started having immense bodyache especially, in my legs and toes and by evening there is a lot of swelling around my ankles. ...
Here are the exercise rituals which I am pasting in original form from the book that I am reading:-- "Stand with your feet a little apart.Face north. Raise your arms to each side until they are horizontal and pointing up. Close your eyes and take ten deep breaths. Slowly sweep yours arms up until your palms are together above your head arms as straight as possible. Move your hands back , lift your chin, inhale and arch your back as much as you can. Begin to breath out and, straighten up, and bring your hands slowly down to your side. Take three deep breaths as your hands reach your sides and bring your feet together and open your eyes." This seems like a very simple ritual but , whenever I do it my back has such a strong vibration that I can barely hold the arching position for 3 to 5 seconds and that is it. I read some place that if the Kundalini is awakened then it can be a very painful thing, so I am confused . Is my kundalini awakening?

What book did this come from please and who is the author? Thanks . It seems to me that this ritual is causing the body to take light from the eye of the sun and pass it to the eye of the moon this is a method that transmutes the lower self and should be harmless . It will not imho raise kundalini but seems a very worthwhile practice and I thank you for sharing it . I am curious as to your other symptoms though . I do not understand how this would cause water to build up in physical edema in your ankles .
There is much to read on the archives here and in this particular forum . If you have a good read and then ask specific questions we might be able to understand it more clearly too . The body aches can come from blockages that need to be cleansed also . NEW is excellent for this . Free tutorials on this site . There is also a link here to clearing the blocks in the stones ;
http://www.astralsociety.com/as/Forum/i ... 039.0.html (http://www.astralsociety.com/as/Forum/index.php/topic,19039.0.html)

operasinger
2nd December 2006, 01:36 PM
Is this exercise for opening Kundalini? And any idea how long does it take,generally speaking to get in touch with Kundalini? I found Kundalini-yoga very helpful and have practiced it since end of August, so I'm sort of newbie with this one...

Aunt Clair
11th December 2006, 03:23 AM
Purging water energy from the mouth , nose , palms , heart and especially heels might help balance this exercise for you .See the energy as dark heavy wet cold female magnetic water energy .

Physically ; Try kicking back and taking a load off by elevating the feet also even leaning back to place the feet up above the heart and drinking lots of water will help with physical edema as will cranberry juice , celery and natural diuretics .

As far as the efiicacy of that exercise it seems to me like drinking the sun .
Bringing fire or light energy down the throat while hyperextending the neck will power up the energy body .

These are energy centres the size of the coffee cup called eyes ;
eye of sun ~ on breast bone above breasts and below the collarbone
eye of air ~ nape of neck or at dowager's hump
eye of earth ~ navel , belly button
eye of moon ~ small of back

bring light from the eye of sun to the eye of moon
bring light from the eye of air to the eye of earth
try this daily until it is easy

then make an ouroborus of energy in a figure 8 draw light from the eye of sun thru neck to eye of air down back thru heart out eye of earth thru pelvis to eye of moon in heart , repeat

Open in Protection
Deep Cleanse Breathe from crown down
8 ways out each stone to the feet
then open the eyes in an figure 8
then power up thru insteps and balls of feet
Raise the Dragon ;
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/ ... 333.0.html (http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,333.0.html)
and sit in a light trance
to begin meditation

operasinger
12th December 2006, 07:39 PM
Thank you,I have to give this a try.... :D