PDA

View Full Version : Smell of sulphur?

IA56
14th January 2019, 12:59 PM
Hi,

When you smell sulphur from where does that come? Is there any explanation to this, others smell it too in my appartament.

Love
ia

susan
14th January 2019, 05:16 PM
Do you have gas in your appartment Ia?

If so, please get someone out ASAP to check it out.

Found this.

The two most common sources of a rotten egg smell are a natural gas leak, and escaping sewer gas. ... That's why utility companies inject a substance called mercaptan, which emits an odor that smells like sulfur or rotten eggs. If there's a very strong smell, you could have a substantial natural gas leak.

IA56
14th January 2019, 05:22 PM
Do you have gas in your appartment Ia?

If so, please get someone out ASAP to check it out.

Found this.

The two most common sources of a rotten egg smell are a natural gas leak, and escaping sewer gas. ... That's why utility companies inject a substance called mercaptan, which emits an odor that smells like sulfur or rotten eggs. If there's a very strong smell, you could have a substantial natural gas leak.

Hi Susan :heart:,

No gas in my appartament.
I have bean thinking about some processes in my body, if that can cause this smell??

Love
ia

CFTraveler
15th January 2019, 04:27 PM
Sometimes my water smells like sulphur, that lets me know it's time to change the filters in the water system. Some groundwater has sulphur in it and it can get smelly after a drought-> heavy rain situation.