PDA

View Full Version : Splitting Awareness?

TonyC
25th August 2006, 09:00 PM
Is splitting awareness less benificial than just focusing on one limb and spending more time on your whole body?

Charles
25th August 2006, 10:14 PM
I'm curious about the splitting awareness as well. Is it even possible to be aware of 2 body parts simultaniously. From my experience, it might seems so but in reality, the awareness seems to be switching from one part to another real quick, giving us the illusion that we are aware of the 2 parts.

Beekeeper
27th August 2006, 01:08 AM
Charles, I believe it's a common experience to be aware of two parts at once.

Tony, in my experience splitting awareness is very effective and efficient. I've never had a problem with it, in fact, for me, it is natural. (I'm also a person who can "hear" more than one thought at a time and who has a dominant right hand and left eye. I also remember foiling a psychology experiment back at uni by not responding with "normal" perception. I could differentiate between two people with similar voices reading similar stories and report back in detail on one story without mixing in details from the other.)

It's quite possible to energise your four limbs simultaneously and you may find, as you do more energy work, that if you shift awareness there'll be energy flowing where you haven't consciously activated it yet- as if the body remembers. My little experiments have led me to consider this flow as constant, rather than quick switching.

If singular awareness works best for you, just use that. We're all different and we find our own way (with help :wink:) Things change too and it's best to go with the flow.

CFTraveler
27th August 2006, 01:12 AM
I agree with Beekeeper. Do what works for you. Eventually and with practice, it'll seem easy when you do split the awareness.

atomheart
29th August 2006, 04:40 PM
What is the significance of having a dominant right hand and left eye? I'm wondering cause I'm the same.. my right eye is a bit useless.

As for splitting awareness, I agree it is perfectly natural, and can be split not only into two but into as many as you want... I usually split my awareness into 6 parts so I am 'aware' of my lower 6 chakras at the same time...

Beekeeper
31st August 2006, 10:05 AM
Dear Atomheart,

The significance? Not sure. Just me obliquely speculating on little anomalies in our genetic makeups that result in difference in how we do things, I guess.

My youngest is the same as me.

Just as a curiousity, aparently left-eye dominance is typical in dyslexics.

(BTW, did you hear the one about the dyslexic satanist who sold his soul to Santa? :D)

Kalonek
31st August 2006, 05:28 PM
Indeed, splitting awareness in many parts is totally possible, without the 'back and forth' effect you mention. The awareness is really split.
Within a few months or years of practice of NEW, you can usually at least split your awareness into 6 or 7 parts. The only thing is that from my experience the 'effective power' of the awareness dimishs with the number of split, ie. it's less effective to focus on different blocages at the same time than to focus on only one. With 6 or 7 splits, the awareness action is superficial, which is ok if your body is cleared of blocage, but not very effective if you need to work strongly on different parts. Even more, the smaller the point of focus is, the more powerful is the awareness (a needle of awareness is a lot more effective than a full hand for breaking a big blocage for example).