PDA

View Full Version : productive lucid dream

orbit1
26th August 2006, 07:15 PM
After an couple of months of trying again, I had my first lucid dream in a year or two. No questions here, just wanted to share some highlights.

My goal was to test solidity of objects (or, the solidity of me?) in my next lucid dream. Early in the dream I was flying - always a favorite - when I remembered this goal. I came across a pole barn and flew through the length of it, feeling it pass through me. Interesting! Shortly after, I tried a tree, but for some reason was more hesitant. Of course, the tree was solid.

Then I remembered I've had luck with glass in past dreams, so I scene shifted to my old house's sliding glass doors. Solid. While looking at the door, I noted I could see my reflection. Then I remembered to try to close my eyes - I did, and could still see! I didn't dwell on that, then punched the glass door to try and break it. OUCH! That hurt... really. I cut my knuckle. Once I turned my attention elsewhere, the pain stopped.

Now the oven is on and the oven door is open. So I reached to turn off the oven, but the air escaping from the oven door burned my hand. Very hot, and quite painful. Again, once I forgot about it, it no longer hurt.

By this point the dream is getting pretty long and I'm worried I won't remember it all. So I remembered Robert's suggestion to make a list of keywords, so I did. I ran around the yard shouting out keywords.

I also remember noting a smell and a taste - that those senses were available to me in dream-land. Though I've forgotten the specific smells and tastes now.

So I'm pleased with my little experiments last night. Next time I'd like to make a more specific plan and focus on one experiment for the duration of the dream.

-m

Beekeeper
27th August 2006, 12:35 AM
Sounds like a good one. They're addictive, aren't they?