PDA

View Full Version : energy movement sensations

jd108
21st July 2005, 10:49 PM
Hello everyone, I am new here, thanks for letting me in. I have to be honest, when I first read Robert Bruce saying that the NEW system is the simplest yet most advanced energy development system in the world, I was laughing because I have experimented with all kinds of energy development systems (eastern, western, modern, ancient) in the past two years, and nobody makes this kind of claim about a particular system, so I read the entire NEW in one sitting and I was very struck by it’s clarity and descriptiveness, just by holding it in my hands I know I have to give it a serious try.

I started to practice NEW over two weeks ago, for the first couple of days, I had little response in my fingers but I couldn’t have any response in my toes at all, following Robert’s suggestion in the book, I did a couple of sessions of reflexology/foot-hand massage, the responses were STAGGERING, for the following week, I had strong energy movement sensations (I experienced probably 10 out of 12 listed in the NEW V2) in my feet and hands going all the time (driving, dancing, watching a show, reading, lying in bed…) and they lasted long and were almost automatic, it was like my awareness was following the sensations rather than activating them. Sometimes I went to bed tired without any intention to do NEW, once I got still I would be sucked into these sensations, all I need to do was to be aware and still , and it would go on for a couple hours (it was very interesting actually to follow the path of the sensations, I had a little knowledge about the meridian systems in TCM), I would get up feeling rejuvenated without needing to sleep any more, it took more than a week for these sensations in the feet/hands to subside…

Then I started to work on the bigger joints, the elbows/shoulders, and ankles/knees, for almost a week now, I experienced very little response in these areas, I tried massage and all the suggested techniques and I feel frustrated that I still can’t get them to respond, I think I am very blocked in theses areas and I need to be patient with the progress, but I DO NEED SOME CLARIFICATIONS FROM THIS FORUM: The energy movement sensations, are they felt the same in the secondary centers and the exchange ports? I know there is a difference between the sensations of hands and feet, although I can’t put it into words. Now my exchanges ports are wide open, do I suppose to get the same sensations in the secondary at the same intensity? Is it possible that in the process of opening the exchange ports, my secondary got a boost and opened naturally? I doubted this is my case, but I have some confusing experiences, like when I try deep stirring on the heel, I get this deep sensation as if a drill is going through my ankles and towards my knees, but how come I can’t stir or wrap the ankles? Also, by accident, one night in bed, I just raised both arms over head in the midst of the following of my intense sensations, I got almost full a body current flowing, then I read the section in NEW on energy bounce the day after, I could bounce without problem. Can we do bounce without opening the secondary? I did notice although I could feel the bounce, the movement was not very smooth, it’s like there are dim areas if I feel a ball of light moving through from fingers to toes, or the movement jumps/skips certain areas.

I rarely participate in any forum and I think this is a serious one, sorry for the long post, I will appreciate any feedback, thank you for your time.

jd108

violetsky
22nd July 2005, 02:54 AM
Sometimes I went to bed tired without any intention to do NEW, once I got still I would be sucked into these sensations, all I need to do was to be aware and still , and it would go on for a couple hours (it was very interesting actually to follow the path of the sensations, I had a little knowledge about the meridian systems in TCM), I would get up feeling rejuvenated without needing to sleep any more, it took more than a week for these sensations in the feet/hands to subside…

This is a sign of strong energy body activation. Yes, I tend to need 3-4 hours less sleep a night when I do serious energy work during the day. We usually do not recommend that energy work be done just before bedtime but as you noticed often even when it is done earlier in the day it still has strong affects when we go to bed.

Then I started to work on the bigger joints, the elbows/shoulders, and ankles/knees, for almost a week now, I experienced very little response in these areas, I tried massage and all the suggested techniques and I feel frustrated that I still can’t get them to respond, I think I am very blocked in theses areas and I need to be patient with the progress, but I DO NEED SOME CLARIFICATIONS FROM THIS FORUM: The energy movement sensations, are they felt the same in the secondary centers and the exchange ports?

What happened to me is that I got intense feelings of sharp pain when I had blockages in the major joints - secondary centers. As I worked through the pain I would feel a buzzing or bone tinkling sensation and then as the block broke up it would start pulsing or throbbing for a few days then subside. The energy 'focus' in the secondary centers is not as strong as in the hands and feet. I think this may be because the hands and feet have SO many joints and therefore so many vortices to concentrate energy. There are hundreds of bones and joints in our hands and feet. Occassionally I feel the vortices turn in my joints but this is rare. Actually, now that the blockages have been removed mostly I feel waves of energy usually starting in my hands and feet and working up to my head. It takes a little over a minute for a wave to go from my hands to my head...a little more from foot to head. Hope this helps answer your question. If not do not be shy to ask again.

Is it possible that in the process of opening the exchange ports, my secondary got a boost and opened naturally?

Yes this is possible. You can think of it as starting a strong current of water that helps flush sluggish spots clean but if a blockage is big and acts like a dam then pain will result. Since you did not feel any pain your secondaries may have opened up enough to handle the flow going through them. Now, one thing I would like to mention here is that at a particular flow rate I will have not pain but as the waves of energy intensify when I do distance healing for example then I will notice pains in my known weak points. I think blockages - if minor - sometimes do not become apparent until enough flow is going through. When there is lots of flow we start to feel the restriction or minor blockage.

how come I can’t stir or wrap the ankles?

Some people find certain body awareness actions easier to do than others. My suggestion would be to get a rope that you can wrap around your ankle so that you can mentally feel and practice this motion repeatedly. There are others on the forum who have mentioned finding stirring and wrapping not the easiest body awareness actions. Brushing seems to be a bit easier for most people. It may have to do with the mind and body being more used to the brushing action since we have to brush our teeth (hopefully-smirk) every night and a few times during the day.

Can we do bounce without opening the secondary? I did notice although I could feel the bounce, the movement was not very smooth, it’s like there are dim areas if I feel a ball of light moving through from fingers to toes, or the movement jumps/skips certain areas.
jd108
Yes, it is possible to do bounce without removing minor blockages. However, if there is a very major blockage either the energy will run around it (if it can) or get stopped dead and generally cause an itching or pain or tingling sensation in that blockage area.

It is soooo wonderful to hear about your sucess. Keep working and sharing. Practice is much more exciting than writing in any forum but hopefully the forums will give you the feedback you are looking for.

Deepest Respects,
violetsky

jd108
29th July 2005, 03:33 PM
Dear Violetsky,

Thank you so much for your kind and wonderful reply. Your advice really helped me in the process of opening up the secondary centers.

Violetsky wrote:
What happened to me is that I got intense feelings of sharp pain when I had blockages in the major joints - secondary centers. As I worked through the pain I would feel a buzzing or bone tinkling sensation and then as the block broke up it would start pulsing or throbbing for a few days then subside.

Your clarification on how the blockage gets opened up was extremely helpful, I had a lot of pain also in the opening process, especially in the right side, I had a 15- year old sports injury on my right ankle, it also affected the right knee and hip and shoulder. Once I got them to respond, I would often feel paralyzing pain on the entire right side of the body. I wouldn’t know to stay calm if I haven’t had read your post.

Violetsky wrote:
The energy 'focus' in the secondary centers is not as strong as in the hands and feet.

That’s true, it’s almost like the secondary centers have more inertia, the difference between activating the exchange ports and the secondary is like stirring a glass of mike vs stirring a big pot of heavy soup, but once you get the secondary activated, the sensations can be quite earth shaking as well.

Violetsky wrote:
Brushing seems to be a bit easier for most people. It may have to do with the mind and body being more used to the brushing action since we have to brush our teeth (hopefully-smirk) every night and a few times during the day.

It’s funny how our own bias could limit us, I never thought of toothbrush, I used a very soft PAINT brush (biased by the picture in Astral Dynamics) a prop while working on the toes and fingers, I guess they are not strong enough for the bigger joints to create memorable sensations, after I read your post, I tried very big strong brush with toothbrush like bristles, I succeeded in getting the bigger joints to respond in a couple of days. Thanks for that.

I am working on the hips and shoulders these days, they are so big to work with, DO YOU HAVE ANY PARTICULAR ADVICE ON THESE CENTERS? I will follow Robert’s advice and spend at least 3 months, if not 6-12 month on the NEW before moving to the Primary centers, I want to build a strong foundation since I am not really “seeking” any particular experiences (OBE etc.), I will take whatever happens in the process.

Finally it has been great with the NEW, I haven’t done any sitting in probably 6 months, yesterday I sat in full lotus for an hour comfortably, before NEW, I could never do more than 5 minutes without excruciating pain. Robert said that the NEW is “essential reading for anyone undertaking any kind of bioenergetic, psychic or spiritual development". He is the first teacher who has made this really clear to me and provided me a very powerful tool, for that I am forever indebted to him, please let him know my gratitude.

With gratitude,
jd108

Celeborn
8th September 2005, 05:19 PM
Robert Bruces book jumped off the shelf of Barns and Noble right at the exact time that I most needed a teacher. I was seriously expecting to meet a real life teacher, you know the old adadge, "when the student is ready the teacher will come." But Mr. Bruce's books have been so lucid, detailed and lacking in fluff, that it has been a better teacher to me than any of the people that I have ever worked under.

As for the shoulders and hips, I found that they opened themselves and began buzzing and heating up by the time that I had developed my arms and legs.
Oh, and don't forget to get your butt muscles eventually. It is easy to overlook and forget, but energetically feels really neat.