PDA

View Full Version : Following the MAP

Riverz End
3rd September 2006, 03:15 PM
I picked up MAP a couple of months ago. I quickly realized that I have to do more work with NEW and attaining a trance state before I am going to get anywhere. So I haven't progressed beyond the first week in the book.

But my Energy and Trance work is progressing and to me this is more than worth the investment in the book so I'm quite happy. I'll get back to the MAP after I get the basics down.

I did have one experience that I feel may have been an OBE. I fell asleep in a room that I usually don't sleep in. I had an abrupt shift from a dreamstate to what felt very different. I had a loud buzzing in my ears and I was confronting a large dark but blurry creature that looked like a huge spider. It was threatening to pick me up with it's front legs, it was that big. I was yelling at it, "I can see you now so Leave Me Alone!" This went on for a short time and then I quickly FELL awake. During this experience and afterwards I didn't feel terrified, more annoyed than anything.

This was unlike any dream I've had before. I've never had that sound in my head that I know of and I hadn't read anything about astral noise before this. I usually see fine in my dreams and I HATE spiders so one bigger than me would usually put a major scare in me. Anyway, OBE or not it gives me hope that I might be able to pull this off someday.

Pilar
3rd September 2006, 11:09 PM
Oh no, the spiders!! Yes, I have definitely seen the spiders :shock:

But after some advice from some folks in here, I read up about them on Robert Bruce's web site tutorials under 'astral wildlife', also on a yoga site where they explain what these are and why they are scaring you!

Haven't seen the spiders since, but hoping I'll have more courage next time I encounter them :wink:

Riverz End
5th September 2006, 03:00 AM
Thank you for the reply :D

I jumped to the back of Astral Dynamics and read the Astral Wildlife chapter. Good stuff to know!

I just picked this book up and the first thing I read this morning was about how it's common to become aware in the middle of a projection without having any idea of what has been going on. Funny how information like that shows up just when you need it.

Pilar
9th September 2006, 06:58 AM
So are you projecting now then, Riverz End? Are you working through the book, or have you got experience doing this already? I did read your introduction a while back but I can't remember if you are already doing conscious OBEs or beginning from the beginning :)

Riverz End
10th September 2006, 05:30 AM
No prior experience with any of this stuff and I'm not aware of having any other projections. I'm currently reading Astral Dynamics and Introduction into Hermetics, doing NEW, meditation and just generally trying to be a better person. Energy work has been going well the last couple of days, full moon effect maybe?

I do plan on going back to MAP as soon as I achieve the trance state. I'll jump in the Startup Group then of course 8)