PDA

View Full Version : Clicking-out

Rob
4th September 2006, 03:03 PM
I have been experiencing Clicking-out; this is the quote in the guide:

“There may be times when you „click-out” of the exercise, especially as you begin to move up to and beyond your level of experience. Clicking-out is different from falling asleep. There is a sense of having dropped out of the exercise. Upon returning to or finishing the exercise, there is no perception of time having passed. You will have stored the memory of your experience, but will have no immediate recall. Clicking-out is a common, frequently reported experience. “

I have never come across this before and not sure how best to proceed, it does say that the memory is stored, just that my level of experience does not seem to allow me to see it.

Here is the problem, if I can’t experience at this level because I have not reached this level, how on earth are you meant to continue and reach that level if you are not allowed to experience it?

Confused
Rob
:?

CFTraveler
4th September 2006, 10:05 PM
I would say do it again. I had occasions in which this happened, and I just repeated the exercise until it didn't happen again. There can be all kinds of reasons why you're not in the 'level', and lack of practice can be one of them. So, there's no reason to stop, maybe just slow down a bit...

TonyC
6th September 2006, 02:33 AM
In my version of the guide it mentions that "Clicking out is a common experience which diminishes as you progress" I sometimes "Click out" too but it seems to go away the more I practice the previous excercise, then try to practice the one that I keep clicking out on.

wstein
6th September 2006, 06:34 AM
This is also sometimes referred to as 'going to the void'.

My friend here often finds herself on the couch and realizes that a couple of hours have passed. All she remembers is a vague sense that she 'went somewhere' [not physically].

You may actually be completing the exercise 'beyond your level of experience' but be unable to remember it. Its not that the experience or the memories aren't there, its that your waking consciousness is unable to deal with information at that level. The Toltec teachings talk a lot about this (AKA Carlos Castaneda). If this is the case, you may be able to access the benefit of the exercise in the future.

If you are Clicking-out repeatedly on the same thing, raising your energy level before starting improves your chances retaining conscious access to the exercise. Specifically storing energy in your aura seems to have the most benefit. Or another way to do the same thing is to have a friend continuously pump energy into your aura during the exercise. Of course if its WAY beyond your level of experience even this will not help.

Also a skilled energy tracker or shaman might be able to determine where you have gone and possibly temporarily make the experience accessible to you.

kiwibonga
6th September 2006, 01:59 PM
Note though that a lot of projectors have to "click out" before they can have an exit -- they cannot plunge into trance without losing complete awareness, and restoring it when focused on another area of consciousness (i.e. waking up in a dream).

Remaining fully conscious throughout is definitely not something you should consider an immediate goal -- learning to wake up minutes after having fallen asleep will benefit you more as a beginner, IMO.